PDA

View Full Version : Are the lockers at Grizzly Rapids still free?

motomickey
02-24-2008, 08:44 PM
was there today for the first time in about a year, and it looked like the lockers were all pay as you go--am I wrong?

motomickey
02-24-2008, 09:19 PM
I looked at them, all were rented at the time and there was no sign or anything indicating if they were free. My friends want to know...sorry you thought I was stupid and did not LOOK.....:eek:

ktrm
02-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Emmah who wrote a trip report Feb 8-11 from the Sheraton Park indicated that they were still free. Check out the trip report section for details.

Tinker Bell
02-24-2008, 10:04 PM
I used them on the weekend and they where still 1hr free after that you have to pay. Once you go into the renting of it. It will tell you the cost of the locker.

emmah
02-24-2008, 11:24 PM
I used them the weekend of Feb 8-11 and they were free for 2 hours; if you came back after that you had to pay an hourly fee. they are single use - you can not open and close them during that time. I dealt with that by using a locker while riding, then coming back, retrieving my bag and then stowing it and my wet poncho in another locker for the free two hour period while I enjoyed the rest of the park without having to carry my backpack (it was a very hot day!). I believe that they change the 'free' time according to how long the standby line is; during the summer peak I have read that the lockers are free for 3 hours; I was there during the busy-ish weekend and it was two hours. During the week in the off season, maybe it is only free for the first hour.

motomickey
02-25-2008, 09:33 AM
just were all rented so there was no way to tell=did not want to lie to my friends:p

THpoohbear
02-25-2008, 10:24 AM
Where the heck are those lockers? I must be blind... because I've looked for them and I've never found them. I'm sure I must just be passing them over. Can you give me some hints on where to specifically look? Thanks! :)

amarvel
02-25-2008, 11:31 AM
wow i did not know they were free, this is good info to know! i dont know how i missed this info!

Drince88
02-25-2008, 11:36 AM
Where the heck are those lockers? I must be blind... because I've looked for them and I've never found them. I'm sure I must just be passing them over. Can you give me some hints on where to specifically look? Thanks! :)

As you are going to GRR from Soarin', there is kind of a left hand turn in the road (I think the entrance to the Grand Californian might be right there, or it might be a little farther after the 'turn' in the road.) When you get to the entrance of the queue, it's to your left, back in the 'inside corner' of that turn. You kind of see the back of them from the main walkway (but they don't look like lockers from the back), but the front is VERY hidden.

bradk
02-25-2008, 02:29 PM
it won't help too much, but see this pic:

http://bradk.smugmug.com/photos/258832284_At32A-L-0.jpg

on the left side, you can slightly see the overhang of a shed like structure. that's where the lockers are stored. they are well hidden.

as i recall, they're free for an hour. after that, the cost depends on the time.

emmah
02-25-2008, 03:22 PM
the lockers are tucked away; as you are walking to the GRR queue area from Soarin, just before you reach the fastpass distribution area, there is a lookout area - a path that leads all the way out and around the river so you can watch the rafts coming in. the lockers are on this lookout path, right up the front - as you walk onto the path from the main thoroughfare, look behind you (towards the DGC hotel) and they are located facing you under a little shelter. I had heard about them many times but never seen them until I went looking for a place to eat my lunch that day. I leaned up against the fence to watch the rafts, looked back and there they were!