PDA

View Full Version : Genie Merchandise?

percupgrl
02-23-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm taking another trip to the parks this May (As a memorial trip for my Mom, she passed away last July. Disneyland was her favorite place, which she of course passed on to me :D). My best friend is bringing her boyfriend who has never been to Disneyland before (GASP! Can you bear to hear such a thing? :p) and his favorite Disney character is Genie (from, duh, Aladdin). I was wondering if anyone has seen any Genie merchandise at the parks lately. I was there last year and can't really remember if I saw any. We're looking for anything that just has Genie on it, not Genie in the background with Aladdin, if there is any.

Also, how frequently is Genie seen within the park(s)?

Aaaaand, I was wondering if there is any way to meet the cast of the Aladdin Musical Spectacular? That would be an experience to remember! I am eternally grateful that I got on video Aladdin waving to me and my friends during the Prince Ali parade duing Musical Spectacular last trip. We were of course waving like maniacs to get him to notice us and it worked! :D

Thanks for anyone's help! :D

xsilverxstarsx
02-24-2008, 08:31 AM
if you go to the resteraunt village haus in fantasyland right across from casey jr, they have genie souvieneer cup. there is a big genie on the top with a bobble head. its 8.61 after tax and it comes with a drink. i think its the only place that still sells them. but they are getting rid of the before summer hits so i dont know how much longer they will be there for... good luck!

renodlandlover
02-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Also, how frequently is Genie seen within the park(s)?

Thanks for anyone's help! :D

We saw the Genie twice in January! Unbelievable! He was in the Christmas parade , which is gone now, of course, and we saw him on the east side of the castle, between the "royal" restrooms and the matterhorn - along with a few other unusual characters (although I can't remember who else). My best suggestion about seeing him would be to ask at City Hall? :confused:

Jennie

renodlandlover
02-24-2008, 02:18 PM
I uploaded 2 photos to my album, if anyone would like to see them. Whew!

LdyApxr
02-24-2008, 04:40 PM
I look for anything with the Evill Queen from Snow White. LOL I have two black baseball caps now. One with the word EVIL in purple with rhinestones and one that says QUEEN and then a little pic of the Evil Queen on the side. I love those since I am the Evil Queen! I looked all over for something Peter Pan in Dec of 06 and only found a coffee cup and that was after searching all over the park. Then of course on the last day I found a Peter Pan figurine tucked way in the corner of a Main Street shop.

mistofviolets
02-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Aaaaand, I was wondering if there is any way to meet the cast of the Aladdin Musical Spectacular? That would be an experience to remember! I am eternally grateful that I got on video Aladdin waving to me and my friends during the Prince Ali parade duing Musical Spectacular last trip. We were of course waving like maniacs to get him to notice us and it worked! :D

It's not the DCA Aladdin, but what about the Aladdin's Oasis show in DL? They have a meet and greet afterwards, I think.

MammaSilva
02-24-2008, 05:46 PM
It's not the DCA Aladdin, but what about the Aladdin's Oasis show in DL? They have a meet and greet afterwards, I think.

The only characters that do meet and greet at the Disneyland Aladdin show are Aladdin, Jazmine and Kazoo I believe....they choose children from the audience to play Jafar and the Genie and any other characters....it's very interactive and fun.

Disneyfan07
02-25-2008, 09:01 AM
I saw the Genie the last couple times I went last year. He was running around the Hollywood backlot in DCA.

percupgrl
03-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies.

Yes, I know all about Aladdin's Oasis, that is a must-see (at least twice!) on my trips, but to meet the actors of the Musical Spectacular would be spectacular.

sand2270
03-15-2008, 07:16 PM
I don't know if this helps but Tokyo Disney has lots of Genie merchandise. I was there last summer and the big store (Bon Voyage) right outside the train station had a lot of merchandise as well as a store near the Aladdin attraction. I bought my boyfriend a canvas bag that had a full face of the genie on one side of it.

I noticed a focus on different characters there that I usually don't see in the states. The Genie was one of them. Also the fish from Pinocchio, I bought a glass saki cup with her on it and she was prominently featured in a lot of DisneySea merchandise.

One of my favorite characters is the little green men from Toy Story. I never find much merchandise with them in the states also but came home from Tokyo with many little green men - a plastic one just like the toy in the movie, a mouse for my computer, a keychain, one of the little phone charms that are very popular in Japan. The toy stores also had them featured a lot.

I ended up going to Tokyo in July and October. I went to DisneySea my first trip but didn't buy much in the way of souvenirs. When I went back in October I made a special trip to bon Voyage because I realized after I got home they had some very unique things there I was not going to be able to find in the U.S. Needless to say I spent a lot more money there the second time. :)

Anyway I have rambled a bit and got slightly off topic, but hope that helps.

As a side note, my daughter and I are driving out to Disneyland in the morning and we are both very excited.

River Belle
03-15-2008, 08:28 PM
I noticed a really cute genie mug (JUST genie--no Aladdin) in the coffee shop on Main Street when we were there on Friday night. Sorry--no pix. :(

Heffalump
03-16-2008, 10:41 PM
You are right, I don't see the Genie either, in merchandise. We see him at the park, but, no merchandise to speak of. You would think there would be outside of the Aladdin show in California Adventure.