PDA

View Full Version : Tinkerbell...A MAN?

dorkdujour
08-28-2002, 11:49 PM
anyone know about this one? is Tinkerbell in the fireworks show, sometimes a guy? or is it a job passed down from family members? curious.

x-tine

adriennek
08-29-2002, 08:19 AM
The Tinkerbells I know have been women. There are size regulations for the job and I would imagine thatit's easier to find women to fit thsoe requirements than men.

Adrienne K

Bill Catherall
08-29-2002, 09:48 AM
I've heard a rumor (from a friend who used to be an intern CM...college summer program) that one of the Tinkerbells in WDW was a man. Don't know if it's still the case.

I guess that balances things out though...Peter Pan was played by a woman on stage. ;)

Corith
08-29-2002, 09:51 AM
Having worked in wardrobe, I've seen the tinkerbell costume. There is no way any man is going to fit into that little thing.

TecTalker2K
08-29-2002, 10:41 AM
I don't think having a man as Tink would be such a great idea. With stories I have read about CMs, you know sooner or later Tink would be waving something over the crowd other than her wand. Hey Mommy.. I think it is starting to rain.

dorkdujour
08-29-2002, 01:32 PM
also, i forgot to ask this: where does tinkerbell land? and are there really 2 guys holding matresses to stop her?

x

Corith
08-29-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by dorkdujour
also, i forgot to ask this: where does tinkerbell land? and are there really 2 guys holding matresses to stop her?

x

yup

goofey
08-29-2002, 01:35 PM
I've also been told that the Tinkerbell at WDW is a man. But I have seen a person who plays her at DL; it's a woman in her 30s or 40s. Legend has it that the women who have played Tink at DL are all from the same family.

goofey
08-29-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by dorkdujour

x She lands in a tower on the side of Big Thunder Mountain facing the Village Haus. You can see it from the ride.

Corith
08-29-2002, 01:38 PM
When I worked in wardrobe (back in 87) the woman who was doing it retired. She was in her upper 50's, and the girl who replaced her was . . .um . . .er . . . .not the same ethnicity - quite obvious there were not related.

Thats how I got the see the costume, it came into mainissue to be refitted for the new girl.

adriennek
08-29-2002, 03:07 PM
When I was in college, my little sister in my sorority occasionally played Tinkerbell. Some years later I met another Tinkerbell and they were most definitely not related.

Adrienne K

merlinjones
08-29-2002, 03:45 PM
A DCA tourist recently kept asking her friends if they could tell whether the Electrical Parade Peter Pan was a man or woman...

I just say - - get rid of those baggy shorts that ruin his silouhette. Just tights would be sufficient.