PDA

View Full Version : The Fiftieth In Other Parks

DisneyFreak2000
08-28-2002, 09:37 PM
I know that we're getting five revamped rides for the fiftieth as well as a new parade and maybe even a new stage show, but do you think that it should also be celebrated in other parks as well? I mean I guess if it brings the company money, it's fine but I don't like when Disneyland gets outdone by WDW most of the time (especially in Walts Birthday Celebration, when we have the park that Walt created single handely).

Anyway, its rumored that WDW is getting a Flying Saucer attraction to repalce the Carousel of Progress to celebarte Disneylands Fiftieth, because it was an original Disneyland ride but I think thats crap. Dont give them a ride, why dont they get crappy, gaudy banners like we got for Walts 100th and why dont they give us the ride in the Innoventions building. That way we get a decent attraction in our undecent Tomorrowland and its something we get for the Fiftieth.

Sophie832
08-28-2002, 10:29 PM
I am so happy to see this thread on here tonight...since I'm feeling particularly ****y about WDW.

Pardon me, but **** WDW! They don't need anything to celebrate Disneyland's 50th but the merchandise. If they get new rides or parades or anything Disneylandesque, then I would consider it a slap in the face.

For more commentary, see my thread on WDW getting more than Disneyland.

*mutters angrily about WDW*

Disney Nick
08-28-2002, 10:54 PM

tinkfreak
08-28-2002, 11:19 PM
You swear you're a moderator in training!:cool:

Bill Catherall
08-29-2002, 07:24 AM
Sophie832 - Please refrain from using inappropriate language. Do not rely on the auto-censor to censor you. Keep it clean and kid friendly.

Techie7
08-29-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFreak2000
we have the park that Walt created single handely

I don't know if I would go this far. So many imagineers worked on the project to design and build it. I think what is mkore important is that Walt actually got to see Disneyland completed. As of recently in talking with a reliable CM at DLR I heard that Cynthia had put her foot down on just this issue stating that Disneyland IS the ONLY park that will be celebrating an anniversary. In the same conversation it seems that Walt's other office has left for 3 yrs which is the time that Cynthia signed off on when she loaned out the office. From what I hear Dave Smith at the archive had some choice words about the whole incident. For what it is worth I think DLR will celebrate the 50th like it should. They have started already with the ammount of painting and construction that is already occuring.

Sophie832
08-29-2002, 09:53 PM
I just wanna clear my record by saying that I didn't have the auto-censor working for me, I put the asterisks in myself. Little did I know it would be interpreted as the auto-censor cleaning up my ugliness...lol. I get pretty fumed sometimes, but I keep it clean here. I figured everyone who was old enough to know what four letter word would go there, could imagine it on their own.

Anyhoo, I think if WDW is gonna get a D-land ride for our 50th, then we should get an Epcot ride right now, since it's their 20th.

innerSpaceman
08-30-2002, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Sophie832
I think if WDW is gonna get a D-land ride for our 50th, then we should get an Epcot ride right now, since it's their 20th.
That's a fair shake: Horizons would liven up our Tomorrowland about a zillion times more than Flying Saucers would add to theirs.

adriennek
08-30-2002, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Sophie832
I just wanna clear my record by saying that I didn't have the auto-censor working for me, I put the asterisks in myself. Little did I know it would be interpreted as the auto-censor cleaning up my ugliness...lol. I get pretty fumed sometimes, but I keep it clean here. I figured everyone who was old enough to know what four letter word would go there, could imagine it on their own.

Words that require masking, whether caught by our auto-censor or self-masked by the poster are against our community policies. We try to keep this a family-friendly board. Thanks.

Adrienne K