PDA

View Full Version : What DLR Attraction Will Close With The New House of the Future?

ladodgerjon
02-21-2008, 05:44 PM
With the new House of the Future opening, what existing Disneyland attraction will be next to close?

I think this is a theory that David Koenig proffers (and it seems to be a correct notion); with every NEW attraction, an old one closes.

List your "bets" here.

I'm guessing that it will be "Mr. Toad"... or maybe the Main Street Cinema.

MauiMickey
02-21-2008, 06:00 PM
I hope it's HISTA so they can put something more up to date in that theater!

spectromen
02-21-2008, 06:37 PM
HOTF is sponsored so it shouldn't terribly affect the overall attractions budget. Mr Toad! OMG, don't even mention that.

Darkbeer
02-21-2008, 06:48 PM
It is replacing the lower level of Innoventions, which had a set of Cast Members (that got paid a higher rate, since they had to be "entertainers" along as hosts.)

So basically they have been "saving" money not needing to pay these Innoventions CM's. And basically the new "Elias Family" will be the same position as those CM's that hosted the outer ring stage events prior to the lower level closing. And as mentioned above, the sponsorships helps to cover the costs.

Main Street Cinema has "zero" Cast Members, so no real savings, and Mr. Toad is very popular and would be a significant load on the other Fantasyland Dark Ride attractions, so seriously doubt they would close it, without having a planned replacement. But with Tony Baxter in charge of Disneyland, I doubt that he would approve a new attraction for Mr. Toad.

potzbie
02-21-2008, 07:40 PM
With the new House of the Future opening, what existing Disneyland attraction will be next to close?
I think this is a theory that David Koenig proffers (and it seems to be a correct notion); with every NEW attraction, an old one closes.

:rolleyes: To boost the sponsorship support, I heard that a new 55 all-suite Marriott will replace the burning settler's cabin on Tom Sawyer's Island ...
... which means The Gas Co. will no longer sponsor the Settler's Cabin?
:D

houseofmouse
02-22-2008, 07:31 AM
I vote for HISTA! Time for something new!!

hlbtimes2
02-22-2008, 07:46 AM
I also vote for HISTA. I can't even remember the last time I took the time to go watch it.

vfire
02-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Nothing. They already closed the first floor of Innoventions as an attraction, and this simply replaces that "attraction." Plus this thing is heavily sponsored by heavy hitters so there's little extra budget needed for them.
They better not ever close Main St. Cinema or Toad, two of my favorites in the park.

Wanda Woman
02-25-2008, 10:06 AM
Is the Talk to Stitch exhibit still open on the second floor? It's been closed every time we've gone there on our last couple of trips.

:crying:

lilfaeriebrat
02-25-2008, 10:17 AM
Is the Talk to Stitch exhibit still open on the second floor? It's been closed every time we've gone there on our last couple of trips.

:crying:

It was open the first weekend of this month.

Rapunzelthorn
02-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Why would anyone in their right mind close Mr.Toad?! :eek: They already closed it at Disney World and replaced it with the Winnie the Pooh ride. Don't even kid about a thing like that! :mad: :p

Pastafarian
02-28-2008, 09:21 PM
I would chain myself to the Judge that says "GUILTY- Thank you all" and they could rip my cold dead hands off him before I would allow a closure of Mr. Toad. Where else besides Disney can you die and go to hell????????

I had been a WDW only goer for a long long time, now I am a DL AP, and that ride is a must do each time. It's the only one in FL i'll wait for. If the others aren't a walk on, it's not worth my time. Toad gets at least a 25 minute wait.

danyoung
02-29-2008, 08:12 AM
I would chain myself to the Judge that says "GUILTY- Thank you all"...

Not that it really matters, but doesn't he say "Guilty - that is all"?

Bytebear
02-29-2008, 08:18 PM
I would chain myself to the Judge that says "GUILTY- Thank you all" and they could rip my cold dead hands off him before I would allow a closure of Mr. Toad. Where else besides Disney can you die and go to hell????????

I had been a WDW only goer for a long long time, now I am a DL AP, and that ride is a must do each time. It's the only one in FL i'll wait for. If the others aren't a walk on, it's not worth my time. Toad gets at least a 25 minute wait.

Didn't they replace Toad with Pooh in Florida?

vfire
02-29-2008, 09:02 PM
I thought the judge said, "Guilty, that is all."
In any case, I'm with you... I'll chain myself to Toad before I let them close it.

dznyphreak
03-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Am I the only one who wouldn't mind Toad being replaced? Don't get me wrong, it's fun, but there's always room for improvement...

Chadsgal
03-02-2008, 04:56 PM
I vote HISTA too. The only time we go on that is when we go with someone whos never been before other than that we avoid the thing.

DON"T TAKE TOAD!!!! I love that ride!!! Although I did notice the heat was turned down abit in Hell the last time I was there.

coronado_g
03-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Just to clear up something...

there is no longer a burning settler's cabin on the island. Everything is quiet and peaceful - although the settler cabin and the Indian camp are still separated by the Rivers of America.