PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bayou priority seating Advice??

califtink
08-28-2002, 12:37 PM
Hi! Can anyone tell me if the only way to get a Priority Seating is on the same day in the morning? I thought I read something about being able to call ahead? Is Blue Bayou only serving lunch on the days when the park closes at 8? I'm also confused about Early Entry, I realize it has changed, but when stated hours show park opening at 9am, how early can you really get in? What time should we be there? I'm not as experienced as most of you seem to be, i simply love Disneyland. Normally I only get to go once every year or two, but I got to go twice last year, and going this Sunday the 1st. I'm sure Sunday will be a madhouse, will Monday be as bad? We at least want to have a nice dinner somewhere, and try to see the attractions that will be open Sun. and Mon, but closed Tues. and Weds. Any advice from all you seasoned veterans quite welcome!!?? THANKS!

disguy
08-28-2002, 02:36 PM
You can normally get into the park as early as 30min or so before the park opens, they will have some of the Main St shops open at the time. The BlueBayou does have call ahead seating up to 30days in advance call 714-781-DINE

dorkdujour
08-28-2002, 11:57 PM
why eat there??? it's kinda neat inside, but the food is god awful. we had a party of 12 there & all of us were disappointed & grossed out. things were over cooked, under cooked & just plain bad. don't waste your money.

x

tlovesdis
08-29-2002, 06:48 AM
The Blue Bayou is the best restuarant at the DLR! We eat there every single time we got to Disneyland and have not once had a problem. The food is delicious and the service can't be beat. Everyone there is friendly and they are very fast and helpful. We went last October with a party of 10 and had a great time! Everyone loved their food and the atmosphere is just the best.

Blue Bayou should not be missed!

Tina
Antioch, CA
Grand Californian December 7-11, 2002

tjrj
08-29-2002, 06:54 AM
Couple of things: re: Early Entry: When Disney started this "new" program of non-Early Entry, I believe it was discussed that the park would be an hour earlier than the stated opening time-for all that were at the gate-no need to stay on-site or thru a Disney package. So you may want to check that-after all you can get more done in the first 2 hours-especially during busy times of which this weekend will definitely be one.

Re: Blue Bayou-yes you can call the above number. And unlike the poster above, we've never had a bad meal. On the other hand, unless the BB is a "must do tradition"(it is in our family), once you've done the BB, you've done it-it doesn't change. So maybe you give one of the other restaurants a try.

kranders
08-29-2002, 07:08 AM
If you want a seat by the water's edge you need to request that. They say it takes a little longer and your wait for the water table starts when you check in at your reservation time.
By-the-way, I've always had great service and excellent food there. I don't eat there every trip, but the atmosphere can't be beat. Check out their reviews in the review section on MousePlanet.

LynnP
08-29-2002, 07:29 AM
Do you have to ask for a water-side table when you phone, or when you show up for your reservation? I would hate to wait until we got there and then be told they were all reserved.
(thanks in advance).

tlovesdis
08-29-2002, 07:35 AM
You cannot ask for a table by the water when you call. My advice to you is to make your reservation 30 days ahead of time and make it for 11:30am. Get there at 11:20 and if you are a party of 4 or less, you will get a table by the water. If you want a later seating time then when you check in you can ask for a table by the water, but you may have to wait longer to be seated.

Tina
Antioch, CA
Grand Californian December 7-11, 2002