PDA

View Full Version : What's Going On With Mr. Lincoln?

Matterhorn Yodeler
02-19-2008, 05:39 PM
Can anyone shed any light on the future of Mr. Lincoln? While the 50th Anniversary movie was a fun departure, what's going to happen in the Opera House? I see very few people hovering over there when there isn't a character to meet and greet.

So what's going on?

anniedg
02-20-2008, 02:35 PM
I'm curious about this too. Is the 50th Anniversary movie still showing now? I'll be there in June and haven't seen it, so I'm actually hoping it's still there in June.

charpaul
02-20-2008, 06:47 PM
I was in the Opera House this last weekend. Yes - they are STILL showing the 50th Movie.

But this was new....
A portion of the front lobby/display area has been taken out in the front south west corner as you enter. I heard from a CM friend that it has been taken over by the Bank.

He works in merchandise and has been told that the "Disney Gallery" might be taking over all of the Lobby space in the near future....

I am not sure I believe this, but it does not look good for Mr. Lincoln...

oregontraveler
02-21-2008, 06:16 AM
The Disney Gallery has space in the exit area as you enter the Mad Hatter.
I didn't know that the lobby is being taken over now, that sucks.

TTFN92
02-21-2008, 06:28 AM
When we were there earlier this month I could see a shadow behind the screen. Is that the Mr. Lincoln stuff? I would think that they wouldn't take it out since it is just a screen in the front. If Mr. Lincoln is still there I would think that it would be an easy switch to put him in. My 8 yr. old really wants to see it so I hope they bring it back.

Bytebear
02-21-2008, 10:39 AM
I think they should move him over to DCA. Maybe stand him up in a grassy area of the Grizzley River Run. Then you could watch the rafts go down the flume as you listened to Lincoln's speech at the same time.

oregontraveler
02-21-2008, 11:58 AM
I think they should move him over to DCA. Maybe stand him up in a grassy area of the Grizzley River Run. Then you could watch the rafts go down the flume as you listened to Lincoln's speech at the same time.

Perfect, then we could move him around to the other attractions.
Imagine this, Honey I Shrunk Mr. Lincoln ;)

Disney Yeti
02-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Maybe they should put him where the goat was..

potzbie
02-21-2008, 07:46 PM
Maybe they should put him where the goat was..
Yeah!
And when the crab from POTC takes another vacation ...
:D

meghan1
02-21-2008, 09:45 PM
I miss mr lincoln.

Sosai X
02-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Last time I was in the Opera House to see the Steve Martin movie, I was the only one in the auditorium, other than the cast member doing the spiel. And this was the day of the Candlelight Processsion! The movie is obsolete. Surely something better can be placed in there. How about select episodes of Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color?

Mr.Bear
02-22-2008, 05:45 AM
What about putting Lincoln in the shooting gallery in Frontier land.:eek:

potzbie
02-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Maybe stand him up in a grassy area of the Grizzley River Run.

(Cough! Cough!)
Uh, well, grassy knolls and presidents do not mix.
:crying:
Ask Dallas, Texas why this is the case.
:eek:

potzbie
02-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Disney Insider (Feb. 22) said:

"... it [Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln] has currently been replaced temporarily by "Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years," created to celebrate Disneyland's golden anniversary -- but reports are that it will return again."

So, that is what "they" are saying.
What kind of credibility does Disney Insider have?

MrsPooh
02-25-2008, 02:01 PM
When we were there a few weeks ago there weren't many people in the theater with us, but then again it's off season.

We always ask the cast members in case they know something. This time they said that they have no answers, but they're worried too. They want us to write letters if we want to keep it.

That doesn't sound promising. :crying:

On the other side of that, I wish Disney would release the 50th movie on DVD with some 50th celebration highlights. That would be cool.

Drince88
02-26-2008, 03:37 AM
On the other side of that, I wish Disney would release the 50th movie on DVD with some 50th celebration highlights. That would be cool.
Oh, and don't they often have a game or two on the DVD? They could do something fun with the photo mosaics - kind of a Where's Waldo!

MrsPooh
02-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Oh, and don't they often have a game or two on the DVD? They could do something fun with the photo mosaics - kind of a Where's Waldo!

I like that idea! :)

Nancy
02-26-2008, 05:43 PM

I think so too!!!! I'd love to have a copy!!!

John
02-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Wow! I was just thinking about this. Anybody know if Mr. Lincoln is sitting behing the projection screen (or has Mr. Lincoln left the building?)

If he's still behind the screen, how much trouble would it be to raise the screen and alternate between Great Moments and The Magical Years?

MrsPooh
03-03-2008, 11:33 AM
If he's still behind the screen, how much trouble would it be to raise the screen and alternate between Great Moments and The Magical Years?

That would be a cool idea too.

motomickey
03-04-2008, 05:14 PM
the CM said that Mr Lincoln would be returning later on this year. Not specific enough for me, but that is the best we got......