PDA

View Full Version : Characters from Disneyland in Electrical Parade

mommy-san
02-19-2008, 06:10 AM
When we saw the EP there were many face characters in it that we had seen the night before in the PofD's. Do they use the 'exact' same ones (get my meaning?) for both parades and if so, how do they go from DL to CA after the PofD's without crossing the esplanade and being noticed?

ralfrick
02-19-2008, 07:11 AM
When we saw the EP there were many face characters in it that we had seen the night before in the PofD's. Do they use the 'exact' same ones (get my meaning?) for both parades and if so, how do they go from DL to CA after the PofD's without crossing the esplanade and being noticed?

Can't answer the 1st question (my guess is no). As for the second, that would be fairly easy, I think. First, I assume they're different costumes since there are lights on the EP ones, so there wouldn't be fully costumed characters strolling about. Second, if they are in both parades, it shouldn't be too hard to load a van backstage for the trip to the other park.

Cheers.

dznyphreak
02-19-2008, 11:31 AM
Just for a little backstage peek, there is a tunnel (what?! Tunnels at DL?!) that goes under the east entrance (the place where all the shuttles go). It's marked (kind of) by the tall hedges.

hlbtimes2
02-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Characters do go from park to park. I know that we saw the same Mulan and Belle in both parks on the same day.

PanFan
02-19-2008, 01:03 PM
A number of the characters do both POD and EP (and F! for that matter). I'm not sure if they do them on the same day or not (though I think some might, depending on scheduling), but they would just go on the CM tram that goes under the east entrance. Some walk around during the day as well before doing the parade.

jedimatt
02-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Ive seen the same alice and mad hatter one morning 2 weeks ago near the tea cups, then later the same alice recognized my viking horns in POD and then i saw her for Fantasmic. So they had both been there all day, its possible

mommy-san
02-19-2008, 05:06 PM
I guess I should have thought of the van thing myself... makes sense.
The reason I asked was because Peter Pan made a big thing about hugging me 2 different times during the parade of dreams show stop (it was my birthday), and then we saw him the next night in the EP and he made a big show that he recognized me again.
Just got me thinking about the true logistics of 2 character parades in 2 parks in one day. I can't imagine how exhausted they are at the end of the day!!!!

spectromen
02-19-2008, 05:08 PM
They're not exhausted. In "my day" we were doing 2 Lion King Celebrations in the sweltering heat and then 2 more Electrical Parades at night. In essence, about 1:30-11:30. And many of us also went to school or work in the morning. I was ALWAYS sick :)

But yes, it's somewhat of a status symbol to be cross utilized in day and night parades. And to those who get this, they benefit by being among the few full time parade CMs who can actually receive benefits.

Rocknroltkover
02-20-2008, 01:36 AM
yes we do have backstage tunnels at Harbor Pointe where characters can cross to both parks.... i used the tunnel to get to DCA instead of crossing the esplenade.