PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland on TV

Lost Boy
08-26-2002, 07:04 PM
Did anyone happen to watch, or tape, the Disney Channels Disneyland specials last night? I did, and guess what I saw.

On the special "Disneyland After Dark" when they turn on the lights on Main Street, guess what?

There are burned out light bulbs all over the place. Now, here is a nationaly broadcast TV show, overseen by Walt Hiself, and there are burned out lightbulbs. I guess things don't change all that much after all.

What would Al think? :D

rexfarms
08-26-2002, 08:53 PM
I saw part of it, but then feel asleep because I realized that it was on my Disneyland DVD. Its pretty cool though. Nightime is my favorite part of the day at Disneyland. Walt and I think alike. lol ;)

merlinjones
08-26-2002, 09:50 PM
The best part of that one is Annette singing DanceAnnette... groovy!

RStar
08-27-2002, 08:40 AM
I saw it last night durring the DL 3rd anniversary (which I had taped a few years ago) and then after that they said it was an anniversary marithon, so I put in a tape. I watched the first half of the 10th anniversary, then went to bed and just let the tape run. I have no idea what all I recorded, but I have 6 hours of something.

disguy
08-27-2002, 09:14 AM
Did anyone else here that Valut Disney will not be on Disney Channel after Sept 9th it was anounced on a HM fan website.

happyfunball
08-27-2002, 12:17 PM
yea, they killed it and replaced it with 4 hours of Zorro reruns..
I'm rather peeved, that was the only stuff on the disney channel I watched and they got rid of it..
and for what purpose? it can't cost them much to run it..

unless they're going to show informercials instead...

Morrigoon
08-27-2002, 05:27 PM
Which is your favorite episode of the DL episodes?

I'm terribly fond of the 10th anniversary one. You've got Walt talking to the first ambassador about things coming up for DL. No stupid plot lines, just "here's all the special stuff you're going to want to see."

The 25th reminds me most of the DL of my youth, and Danny Kaye is always fun, but it's probably the last decent in-park show they did, and also the beginning of the "people getting lost" plotlines that are so frequently (and boringly) used since then. It drags a little around the musical numbers, but not badly. And laughing at the Osmonds is always amusing. I want that on tape so I can someday show my future kids what Michael Jackson looked like back when he resembled a human.

Ace
08-27-2002, 05:57 PM
I like to dance... dance every chance.... wooooo baby.... don't say maybe....

anyway, as much as I love Disney, their channel is the largest source for horrible programming in all the world. PERIOD.

Morrigoon
08-27-2002, 05:59 PM
Agreed, wholeheartedly.

The only thing worth watching on the teeny-bopper channel are the early-am showings of classic WWoD

rexfarms
08-27-2002, 08:23 PM
What about Bobby Rydel(sp) singing Around the world? I think thats what its called. SO THEY ARE GETTING RID OF VAULT DISNEY!?!?!?! Is this for sure? I will never watch the Disney Channel again, thats the only thing I watched on it. :(

happyfunball
08-27-2002, 08:59 PM
yea, its for sure.. they were running little banners at the bottom of the shows for the last few days saying "vault disney will be closed"

they never say why or what its being replaced with, eiter.. I even checked their website but it has no information.

I can't imagine why they'd get rid of it unless its for something crass like infomercials.. its not like it costs anything extra to run that stuff in the wee hours, production costs were paid for decades ago.

RStar
08-28-2002, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Which is your favorite episode of the DL episodes?

I'm terribly fond of the 10th anniversary one. You've got Walt talking to the first ambassador about things coming up for DL. No stupid plot lines, just "here's all the special stuff you're going to want to see."

Yes, when I was watching it the other night it looked like Walt wasn't quite sure what he was going to say next. They even left a few little "Bloopers" in when editing the original, unless it was live when first brodcast and was never even edited. But it had such a real fealing to it. The ambassador seemed very nervous, as would be I. You could tell she was a real person, in awe of Mr. Disney, and not an actress.

AliKzam
08-28-2002, 07:37 PM
I'm really hoping here, but maybe they'll introduce a Vault Disney Channel, and that's why they're advertising it all over their network. Maybe Vault Disney will be a premium channel like Starz or something, and all they'll have are good shows and classic films. None of this "targeted at preteens" crud. And since the Disney Channel is part of the ordinary package, it'll be safe in it's little boring episodic programming.

Lost Boy
08-28-2002, 08:04 PM
I am really glad to see that I am not the only one who dislikes what the Disney Channel has become. When I first got cable several years ago, the Disney Channel was a pay premium and I spent the extra money to get it. After I left cable, for reasons best left alone here, I was forced to watch "regular" TV for 8 years. Now that I have my own place, and Adelphia Digital Cable, one of the first things I noticed was that the Disney Channel was part of regular cable and not a "Premium" channel. I was all exited about at last getting back to Disney stuff on cable, and was so disappointed by what I saw. I hardly ever watch it, and even the good stuff, when there is something other than Davy Crockett or Zoro shows all night, I tape the Disneyland stuff. As it is now, the channel is a complete waste of cable space, and once Vault Disney goes, so do I.:mad:

dorkdujour
08-28-2002, 11:52 PM
wow. i had no idea it was leaving...and for ZORO????!?! can't we do something about this?

xtine

Main Street Magic
08-29-2002, 08:34 AM
All of your articles made me think a minute....when was the last time I actually stayed on the Disney Channel........gosh has it been that long.....I too remember when it first began and how excited I was that there would be a place that I could turn to to watch the classic Disney cartoons and see some of the old Disney shows (like Disneyland's opening day and such)....Now, as everyone has noticed, all those shows are either shown at times when only a VCR is awake or not shown at all. I treasure my tapes of The Golden Horseshoe or Disneyland after Dark (which I now have on DVD).... With Vault Disney going away, why call it the Disney Channel???? There usually isn't anything Disney on it!!!! Here is a wasted avenue for promoting the parks on a regular basis or to promote new movies and such and we get dribble.....:(

kennyhues
08-29-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Main Street Magic
Here is a wasted avenue for promoting the parks on a regular basis or to promote new movies and such and we get dribble.....:(

Bingo! Whatever happened to "synergy" anyway? They're actually doing it BACKWARDS now, closing rides and THEN making movies out of them. . . . Amazing.

TecTalker2K
08-29-2002, 10:36 AM
Some things that should be noted

There is now a department called Disney Kids. They are trying to spread all of their pqckages around o try to attrqct an audience. With the purchase of Fox Family, they now own all those poor quality Saban Cartoons. Heck, Vault Disney could be replaced by mighty morphin Power Rangers.

The disney channel has always had a tough go at it. They keep trying different mixes to bring people in. The major reason cable brings in disney is that they need a family channel. Now that Disney owns so much programming property, they can stron arm the cable companies. Want to carry ABC and ESPN? Hh, Not without the Soap Opera Network, Toon Disney or The disney Channel.

So with so many prviders that work under the Disney Umbrella, don't be surprised at anything. BTW, Vault Disney may end up on Family.

kennyhues
08-29-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by TecTalker2K BTW, Vault Disney may end up on Family.

Good point. Bad fit, but at least we'd still be able to record all those cool vintage shows and rarities. I can't be the only one who'd get a kick out of seeing the Muppets ay EPCOT or any of the other park -related TV specials from over the years.