PDA

View Full Version : AWESOME PP rate on Expedia!

Gymgirl975
08-26-2002, 04:46 PM
August 21-September 6.....99 bucks a night AND when you stay 4 nights you get the last free for an avg. rate of 82.50 night! I can't make it up there, I'm in TX, but someone please take advantage of that great rate!

Gymgirl975
08-26-2002, 04:51 PM
I don't get it, starting this weekend rates are 99, but three weeks from now in September it's almost 200. Can you get it for 99 because you've waited, or is that just the way rates go? Should you wait untilt he last minute to book, or do so in advance?

Not Afraid
08-26-2002, 04:56 PM
Oftentimes, if you wait until 2 weeks before your trip, the hotels will release the unbooked rooms at awsome rates. I booked a room at the GC for $149 last January by waiting and watching. For me it was no problem because I love locally, however, it you're traveling your could be out of luck.

I heard other out-of-towners book first at a cheaper, less glamerous hotel then cancel that res if the PP, GC or DLH becomes feasable.

Gymgirl975
08-26-2002, 05:00 PM
Well, my question is, do the rates ever go UP? For example, we are going in March, and I got a quote of PP for 180 a night. Now, we will probably do that, but I would much rather wait and see if I can get it for cheaper. My question is (and I'm thinking there is little to no danger of them being booked the week of March 10) but would the room prices ever go UP if I waited to book?

Not Afraid
08-26-2002, 05:16 PM
I can't answer that one but Mary at www.Mousesavers.com might have better knowledge of this.

FoodLover
08-27-2002, 01:39 PM
Gymgirl975, I really think you can do better than $180 for PP... Not Afraid is correct, when there are excess rooms about 2 weeks in advance (which has happened very often, for the past year), Disney gives them to Expedia and the room rates drop a lot.

Of course, as long as the rate you've booked is refundable, you can hedge your bets by keeping the reservation until a better deal comes along... usually you have until 72 hours prior to check-in to change or cancel.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Gymgirl975
08-27-2002, 01:51 PM
Thanks! That will be the plan, then! I do appreciate it....

BrooklynBoy
08-27-2002, 04:13 PM
FoodLover is right. Disney gives the unsold hotel rooms to Expedia (and to a lesser extent apparently Orbitz) about 10 days in advance. I'm travelling to DLR August 31 for 3 days. Two weeks ago PPH was $169-$200 a night. Last week it dropped to $129 as a non-prepaid offer on Orbitz for a standard room with a theme-park view and I reserved. Yesterday it dropped to $99 for a city view as a prepaid Expedia deal, which I can live with, so I dumped my Orbitz reservation and prepaid through Expedia. $99 is what you might pay for a deluxe room at one of the moderate hotels say along Harbor Blvd., so it's a pretty good deal.