PDA

View Full Version : Buying a brick and the Esplanade...

Abigail's Uncle
02-17-2008, 12:13 AM
Somewhere I seem to recall that the esplanade was part of the redux of DCA. Is this correct, and if so, will Disney continue to offer monogrammed bricks?

Abigail's Uncle
02-17-2008, 08:52 AM
To clarify, I'm wondering if indeed the esplanade bricks are in danger of being either removed or discontinued as part of the overhaul. Any knowledge about this would be most appreciated.

tod
02-17-2008, 03:05 PM
According to the rules (http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x3927436e2&varPage=location) they laid down when the bricks were first offered, the brick is only good for 10 years and they can do pretty much anything they want. Your only recourse is to get your $150 back.

As the Disneyland Resort is ever-changing, Sponsor agrees that the brick and/or walkway may be replaced or relocated within the Disneyland Resort, the walkway may be temporarily closed, access to the walkway may be restricted and/or construction of the walkway may be discontinued, all at Disney's sole discretion and all without advance notice or liability to the Sponsor.

Sponsor agrees that the brick may be permanently removed. If the brick is permanently removed prior to or on the tenth anniversary of its sponsorship, Sponsor's only right or remedy shall be to receive a refund of the Sponsorship Fee. If the brick is removed after the tenth anniversary of its sponsorship, Sponsor shall not have the right to require that the brick or the walkway be maintained, repaired, replaced, removed or relocated.

The Disneyland Resort reserves the right in its sole discretion to change any or all of the Agreement terms and conditions for future Sponsors of bricks.

Sponsor's only right or remedy as a result of any breach of the Disneyland Resort obligations under this Agreement shall be to receive a refund of the Sponsorship Fee.

The main Disneyland switchboard is 714 781 4000 for more details.

--t

Abigail's Uncle
02-17-2008, 08:58 PM
Thanks, tod. I did know the legalese about the bricks, but I guess I'm still wondering if anyone knows for sure whether removal of the bricks are in fact part of the upcoming gargantuan refurbishment plan.

Like I said, I seem to recall reading that an esplanade overhaul was in store, but I can't find any record of that.

TTFN92
02-18-2008, 01:52 PM
I read in an article on another web site that they were taking in part of the esplanade, about to the California signs. Are there bricks that come out past it?

Toocherie
02-20-2008, 12:49 PM
All I know is that in response to a request, Disneyland pdf'd me the brochure to buy an esplanade brick yesterday--the email says if you buy it now it will be installed in August. Maybe if there are bricks that are affected they will relocate? It certainly sounds like they are continuing the program.

swcrazy
02-20-2008, 06:52 PM
So I was just wondering (though I doubt it) if there is a website to search through all the bricks to see if a friend or family member already has one. I'd want to search either by the owners name or the text on the brick itself.

Go ahead people, just tell me it's wishful thinking.

Thanks

tod
02-23-2008, 08:28 AM
So I was just wondering (though I doubt it) if there is a website to search through all the bricks to see if a friend or family member already has one. I'd want to search either by the owners name or the text on the brick itself.

Go ahead people, just tell me it's wishful thinking.

Thanks

When I wanted to investigate a rumor that somebody had bought a brick, I was sent to the Newsstand -- the outside-the-gate side -- and the Cast Member consulted a large loose-leaf book, found the coordinates, and gave me a map of the Esplanade Entry Plaza with a yellow highlight of where I could find the brick.

It isn't online, but the information is available on-site.

--t

hefferdude
02-26-2008, 10:45 AM
$.02.

If they end up removing the pavers, I will certainly avidly campaign to take ownership of my family's pavers.