PDA

View Full Version : songs that remind you of DisneyLand

clehr68
08-26-2002, 12:25 PM
Does anybody have any songs (other than true disney tunes) that remind them of Disneyland? The first year I drove the 1200 miles to Disney, Push by Matchbox20 and Torn? by Natalie Imbruglia were on the radio all the time. The next trip Drops of Jupiter by Train was on the radio constantly. Now anytime i hear one of those song I get the urge to drop everything - book a trip - and drive the 1200 miles back to Disneyland

Gemini Cricket
08-26-2002, 01:08 PM
"America" by Neil Diamond
It reminds me of my first trip to DL in 1981.
:)

merlinjones
08-26-2002, 01:17 PM
Diz-Knee-Land
Down by the Lazy River
It Must be Him
This Land is Your Land
Battle Hymn of the Republic
Sugar Sugar
Up Up and Away
Summertime is Here
The Can-Can
Hawaiian War Chant
Disney Girls

LibraryGirl
08-26-2002, 02:02 PM
Rebecca Lynn by Bryan White (from the 1997 drive to DL)

and

anything Radiohead or Nirvana (2001 drive when my brother was in control of the CD player)

I am now a book on tape fanatic.. so my radio time has been cut a bit .

Allysen1Derland
08-27-2002, 02:47 PM
It was Summer, 1989, & I was sixteen yrs. old! I had just started my new job as a CM @ The Magic Kingdom! I was scooping ice cream @ The Cone Shoppe on Main Street (is it still called the Cone Shoppe?) and inside, behind the walk-up window where you placed your orders, we kept a small F/M radio. We were allowed to listen to it at a volume where guests couldn't overhear it, which was just the BEST! We listened to KROQ non-stop 24/7, and to this day, whenever I hear "So Alive" by Love & Rockets, I think of my very first summer at DL! I love that song!! :)

Another song that was big at that time that reminds me of DL is "We Didn't Start The Fire" by Billy Joel. I know there is a Disneyland reference, and a "Peter Pan" one, I think! I just can't remember the words very well! ;)

MonorailMan
08-27-2002, 03:15 PM
My Song Picks:

I've Got My Mind Set On You (My Mind Was Set On Getting An AP, it did a whole lot of spending money, and precious time!)

Ray Of Light (The whole song reminds me of Paradise Pier, "Zepher (Or What Sound like it) in the sky night I wonder do my tears and mourning (my give DCA a chance thing) sink beneath the sun (PP main logo). She's got a universe completly (DCA is dead)." , "And I feel like I just got home" (DLR feels like home), "She's Flying" (Soarin'), "Waiting for the time when, earth shall be as one." (1 Ticket For Both Parks))

Morrigoon
08-27-2002, 04:54 PM
Half the songs from Hello Dolly remind me of DL (that's probably because Hello Dolly songs make up like half the main st soundtrack ;))

Put on your Sunday Clothes
We've Got Elegance

well, okay, two songs ;)

But add to that, knowing the lyrics to Merry Oldsmobile, and man, am I a geek!

Bill Catherall
08-27-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Half the songs from Hello Dolly remind me of DL (that's probably because Hello Dolly songs make up like half the main st soundtrack ;))
And the other half of the soundtrack would be from Oklahoma. :D

Edited much later because I couldn't live with one of my stupid stupid spelling mistakes. :D

socabch
08-27-2002, 07:01 PM
The Eagles "Hotel California" cd. Used to listen to it on our long road trips from the Bay Area to DLR.

mkyears
08-27-2002, 07:40 PM
Here is two

The Ataris - San Dimas High School Football Rocks - The Lyrics say (Last night I had a dream that we went to Disneyland got on all the rides didn't have to wait at all) Really cool

Another would be the Kottonmouth Kings -Neighborhood Watch
(Just like the Pirates Of the Caribian the neighborhood watch don't like what there seeing)

Mansion Man
08-28-2002, 10:44 AM
Another song that was big at that time that reminds me of DL is "We Didn't Start The Fire" by Billy Joel. I [I]know there is a Disneyland reference, and a "Peter Pan" one, I think! I just can't remember the words very well! ;) [/B]

AIWL: FYI, the references were contained in this part of the song:

Roy Cohn, Juan Peron, Toscanini, Dancron
Dien Bien Phu Falls, Rock Around the Clock

Einstein, James Dean, Brooklyn's got a winning team
Davy Crockett, Peter Pan, Elvis Presley, Disneyland...

justagrrl
08-28-2002, 11:20 AM
I'm suprised no one has mentioned this one yet in the thread~But what about Tragic Kingdom (http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palms/6109/tragic.html#tk)

MonorailMan
08-31-2002, 07:41 PM
I thought of another:

Michelle Branch's-Everywhere. It's truly how I feel about Walt. It's everywhere to me, but nowhere to be found. :crying: