PDA

View Full Version : Props to a Great CM~Main St Vehicles

Pirate
08-26-2002, 04:48 AM
Thank you Carl!
Carl drives Main Street vehicles. We usually find him operating the Fire Truck, although last week we made our one-way run with him in the Horseless Carriage, he said he occasionally drives it.

This gentleman is the epitome of a quality CM. He makes every nine hundred foot (or whatever it is) trip a real treat. From pick up to drop off he captures your attention, imagination and genuinely attempts to submerse you in the experience, even if only for a couple of minutes.
Carl usually briefs his passengers on proper parade wave technique & makes sure the kids know how to ring the bell, he really puts you in the show. I've found that the kids (& myselfhttp://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/otn/realhappy/mhihi.gif) really enjoy it, when it's crowed and your squeezing thru the tourists, honking them out of the way & trying to draw a wave back (that's what Carl likes), you get a little bit of a VIP feel & you can see the kids that are waving back thinking..."wow, that looks cool."
As a bonus, the kids usually get a sticker after the Fire Truck ride.

Don't pass on doing the Main St. Vehicles, especially if you see Carl.
Also I would appreciate if you could share any good websites on the Main St. Vehicles.

MSV tip: The rides are only one way, early in the day (since everyone is coming in) it's easy to catch them at the hub & ride them back toward the gate to the Main St. stops.

Anyone else see or ride with Carl?
(I hope he doesn't mind the minor publicity-
respectfully, Pirate)

justagrrl
08-26-2002, 05:27 AM
Yes! We have. He encouraged the kids to ring that (damn!) bell over and over and over. But he was very much part of the show. Since then, we've ridden on all of the main street vehicles because our fire truck ride such a treat. :)

Pirate
08-26-2002, 02:36 PM
We got in a ride w/ Carl today on the Horseless Carrige and he again was CM par excellelance. This guy is great!

Cool justagrrl, the MSVs are a must if you want to hit every attract.

HBTiggerFan
08-26-2002, 03:50 PM
Pirate THats soo awesome! I hope you have filled out a compliment form at City Hall (and not just left one verbally) and told him how awesome you think he is :D

Pirate
08-27-2002, 02:49 PM
HB Tigger Fan, I have not done that, but certianly will my next run....
see what good suggestions I get here :)

Of course I have spoke to him (& others). A friend of mine told me a copy of the 1st post I made this thread was being sent to the appropriate DLR suit (I forget who, but he knows).