PDA

View Full Version : Blue Haired Girl!

cvc247
08-25-2002, 06:15 PM
i was at DCA on Sat. with my neice, nephew and mom..i wanted them to see Blast! before it leaves..they loved the show after the confusing line wait..we originally stood in line for the 2:30 show but 'cause Whose line began late it moved the Blast! show up so we came back for the 4:30 show..that show was the best attraction at the park..hope the future Alladin show is good..Bugs Life show is a must see!..i'm not sure people really know how good it is..i hadn't heard a word about it before seeing it..glad i did.. you local people also must go to Downtown Disney and check out the group of drummers pounding out the beats in a traditional Japenese style of music..excellent!..big drums being hit hard with huge thick sticks..1 guy was pounding so hard he broke one of the sticks in half..people, these are thick and it snapped like a match stick..when the piece flew off everyone cheered..truly amazing..they will only perform until Sept 2..right in front of the Disney store..4 or 5 shows a day..i saw part of the 9:30 p.m show..go see it..after that my family waited for the tram back to the parking lot..i was standing beside a girl with cool Rod Stewart type blue hair..she was young, cute, happy and just seemed like a fun person..i asked her if her hair was dyed..she showed me it was a wig..she may have bought it at the park..i can't remember..but i loved it..when the tram came people boarded and i was about to wait for the next tram 'cause it filled up quickly..but the blue haired girl looked at me and tried to slide down, then offered me a seat the size of a dime with a big smile on her face..how could i refuse her wonderful gesture?..i scooped up my 6 year old neice put her on my lap then practically sat on my new blue haired friends lap..lol..we talked about the fun we had at the park..she loved Haunted Mansion then told me to buy Blast! the show on dvd 'cause its good..we said our goodbyes as we jumped off the tram..i'm going to remember that girl for a while..she was very nice and seemed like the perfect type to hang out with at the parks..i think the world would be a better place if we had more blue haired girls in it..lol..

blugenie
08-25-2002, 06:30 PM
I remember going to dlr once a couple of years ago.

I had bright fire engine red hair.

My friends and I were walking over to the wishing well when we ran into Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and Capt Hook. Capt Hook grabbed me and dragged me over to the well like he was going to wash my head. I have some of the best photos from the park from that!

HBTiggerFan
08-25-2002, 07:11 PM
I believe the drummers are Jadiko (sp?). We had them at our school during Celebrate Diversity Week last semester. Very awesome.

Glad to hear you had so much fun!! :)

newhdplayer
08-25-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
I believe the drummers are Jadiko (sp?). We had them at our school during Celebrate Diversity Week last semester. Very awesome.

"Celebrate Diversity Week"?

HBTiggerFan
08-25-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by newhdplayer
"Celebrate Diversity Week"?

A week at school where numerous cultures are celebrated. Theres entertainment and food from the different cultures. It takes a semester to plan, its a huge event. Last semseter we had Chinese Dragon Dancers, Japenese Jadiko Drummers, Polynesian Dancers, Middle-Eastern dancers, French, Middle-Eastern, Polynesian, Chinese, Japenese and other types of food. At the end of the week is Living Room Dilagoues where anyone who wants to gets together with a meadiator and talk about whatever they want to know about another culture in a safe enviorment. Nothing is taboo.