PDA

View Full Version : Teri Hatcher stayed in Dream Suite?

avalosn
02-12-2008, 04:54 PM
My aunt is a CM and she said something about Teri Hatcher staying in the Dream Suite. I have to call her for the details, but I was wondering if anyone heard about this? My aunt was kind of bitter because she said the Dream Suite should be for "normal" people, not the famous or the rich, I guess:confused:......Just wondering because I figured someone would have posted something about her staying there....:confused:

oregontraveler
02-13-2008, 07:07 AM
I don't think she actually stayed the night, I did see her on one of those
entertainment shows for a preview and tour of the suite.

olegc
02-13-2008, 07:45 AM
My aunt is a CM and she said something about Teri Hatcher staying in the Dream Suite. I have to call her for the details, but I was wondering if anyone heard about this? My aunt was kind of bitter because she said the Dream Suite should be for "normal" people, not the famous or the rich, I guess:confused:......Just wondering because I figured someone would have posted something about her staying there....:confused:

seriously - do you not think that anyone who is willing to pay a very high price, and is a well known star possibly willing to trade publicity photos for a night in the suite, would not be given the opportunity? Especially one that is part of Disney television programming (abc).

I agree in that I believe it was only for a tour on an entertainment show - but to think that parts of Disneyland, or any unique place, is only for "the people" is naive. Remember - google just rented out the whole dang park for a night for their own employees..

yellowrosedtxn
02-13-2008, 07:53 AM
I think she stayed there on the 27th of January. It was in one of the weekly magazines. Like US Weekly or something like that.

Tinkermommy
02-13-2008, 11:25 AM
My aunt was kind of bitter because she said the Dream Suite should be for "normal" people, not the famous or the rich

I can see her point, but on the other hand, I suppose it shouldn't be off limits to someone because they are famous or rich. Sure, they have many more opportunities to have awesome experiences than the rest of us, but most nights, the room goes to the great unwashed masses. (Except me, of course. :()

Consider this: a few years ago, my daughter's class took a field trip to an oceanographic institute. There was room for only a few parents, so they held a lottery to select chaperones. Three of us were officers in a very active, very visible PTO, and the teachers who organized the trip refused to put our names into the lottery. Their logic was that if any of us won, other parents would think it was "fixed." (So we all skipped the field trip, checked our kids out of school and took them to Disneyland.) I thought, and still think, it was totally unfair to us.

I remember a thread here some time ago about the Jedi Training Academy. Someone implied that AP holders shouldn't be picked because they could do it "any time." My rebuttal was that using that logic, AP holders' kids would NEVER get to do it. It would be unfair.

Last weekend, during my daughter's birthday trip to Disneyland, we crossed paths with a big family. We got sort of gridlocked, so my daughter and I just stopped until they passed. The last member of their party, a boy about her age but much larger, intentionally hit her with his shoulder. (I was looking right at him; there was no doubt it was intentional. It took all the self-restraint I could muster to keep from slapping him.) Anyway, I'd MUCH rather see a celebrity Disney fan stay in the suite than think of a kid like that getting to stay there.

KDR
02-13-2008, 12:05 PM
What if that was part of what she negotiated as payment for doing the preview bit? I could easily see requesting something of the sort if I were a celeb and was in negotiations for promoting something like that. Just like musicians who get gear they endorse.

Bytebear
02-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Maybe she won it. :rolleyes:

snappy
02-13-2008, 03:00 PM
I heard High School Musical is going to stay there for promotional issues. HSM is the hottest thing around and Disney is going to capitalize of this for sure. Remember when someone famous was cruising around on a certain vessel drinking and smoking whatever they wanted??? Whatever it takes to promote this suite Disney will do, trust me..Bottom line $$$$$$$$$$$

DisneyJenn
02-13-2008, 07:38 PM
I think she stayed there on the 27th of January. It was in one of the weekly magazines. Like US Weekly or something like that.

I don't think they were even giving the suite away to 'normal' people until 1/31/08, so why not use a celebrity to get a little more publicity and get people into the park? It doesn't hurt to let celebrities stay before it's even started. Plus, they are eligible to win too if they are picked at random.

Heck, if Justin Timberlake stayed there, I'd want to win even more! I could sleep in the same bed he did!! (Too bad it wasn't at the same time!) =)

avalosn
02-13-2008, 08:51 PM
seriously - do you not think that anyone who is willing to pay a very high price, and is a well known star possibly willing to trade publicity photos for a night in the suite, would not be given the opportunity? Especially one that is part of Disney television programming (abc).

I agree in that I believe it was only for a tour on an entertainment show - but to think that parts of Disneyland, or any unique place, is only for "the people" is naive. Remember - google just rented out the whole dang park for a night for their own employees..

I'm indifferent to it either way, I was just wondering if it was true that she stayed there or not, that's all.....:)

Toocherie
02-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Last weekend, during my daughter's birthday trip to Disneyland, we crossed paths with a big family. We got sort of gridlocked, so my daughter and I just stopped until they passed. The last member of their party, a boy about her age but much larger, intentionally hit her with his shoulder. (I was looking right at him; there was no doubt it was intentional. It took all the self-restraint I could muster to keep from slapping him.) Anyway, I'd MUCH rather see a celebrity Disney fan stay in the suite than think of a kid like that getting to stay there.

I don't have kids, but am not sure that I would have been able to restrain myself under those circumstances. At the very least I would have probably said something to the parents--on the other hand, one never knows who one will encounter and (sad to say) what they might do--who knows where this kid learned his behavior?

Hope it didn't ruin the birthday trip and I agree with you--would much rather see Teri Hatcher in the suite than that little (or not so little) brat . . . .

BQ2
02-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Maybe she won it. :rolleyes:

Good one Bear! <chuckles>

phillyorig
02-18-2008, 04:00 AM

I was just there 2 weeks ago for a "private party" thru Vons/Safeway Employees assocation.

We had the park to ourselves from 8pm to 1am!!!!!

No we are not upper management. My hubby is a meat cutter for Safeway and we had to pay $35 pp(there is 6 of us).

It was agreat time,cold and the bus ride home ugh!! but a good time.

Dl does rent out the park during the week,as told to me by another poster.

I would do it again in a heartbeat, just a little warmer:D

LOYL2DZNY
02-26-2008, 09:54 AM
Maybe a little of topic, but do any of you know who the first person was to actually stay overnight in the suite? Do you know of any other guests to have stayed overnight there before the giveaway started?

Thanks!
Angie

yellowrosedtxn
02-26-2008, 10:23 AM
A little while back I said that Teri stayed in the suite. I thought I read it in one of those magazine, but I was thumbing through it last night and all it said was she toured the suite and presented it or something, but I don't think she actually stayed in the suite.

Jim Dear and Darling
02-26-2008, 10:56 AM
Who cares? Doesn't Teri Hatcher have a young daughter? Shouldn't she have just as much a right to stay in it as anybody else?

Since nobody knows whether she paid for it, or whether it was give to her as a perk for publicity, I don't really see what the issue is. If she did get it as a perk, still, WHO CARES? She's one of ABC's biggest stars.

motomickey
02-26-2008, 02:42 PM
the rest of the nites are for VIPs and private parties

AVP
02-26-2008, 04:18 PM
the rest of the nites are for VIPs and private partiesThat's not entirely accurate. The suite did not open until January 31, 2008, so it was not awarded the first 30 nights of the year. That leaves 336 calendar days (leap year!), during which the suite will be awarded 266 times. 7 of the unawarded nights are Grad Nights. Many more are reportedly due to Fantasmic! rehearsals.

I was told that there is at least one pre-scheduled day per week when the suite will not be awarded to allow for maintenance or repairs that could / should not be done while the suite is occupied.

I rather doubt the suite will be awarded this Friday night, considering DVC members will be touring the suite starting at 9am on Saturday. Likewise, I doubt the suite will be awarded March 2-7 due to the AP tours. I don't know the dates of the CM tours, but I doubt the suite will be awarded those days either.

So yeah, I'm sure there are some private parties and VIP events, but there are lots of nights where the suite will not be awarded for other reasons.

AVP

MaraMouse
03-18-2008, 02:31 AM
I think it's cool a celebrity stayed in it, then when you win you could brag and ontop of bragging add "Oh and Teri Hatcher has stayed there before"

this reminds me of a post I read on here a long time ago of a family checking into Johnny Depps room at the Grand Californian [after he just checked out], and the kids going crazy running around the room saying Johnny was here, even in the shower lol