PDA

View Full Version : Trick-Or-Treating in Disneyland

LubDatMouse
08-25-2002, 03:08 PM
Several years ago, we quite accidentally found ourselves at Disneyland for Halloween. It was INCREDIBLE .. characters "in Costume" handing our treats .. real, live Pirates in "Pirates of the Carribean" and a few more ghosts and goblins running around the Haunted Mansion. Our 9 year old daughter had the time of her life.

My question is .. do they still do that there? I looked on the Disney website but didn't see anything :crying:

If they do - what is the schedule of party nights? We will be there the week prior to Halloween

rexfarms
08-25-2002, 07:31 PM
Real Pirates and read Ghosts? much too cool!

Morrigoon
08-25-2002, 08:35 PM
It was called Mickey's Halloween Treat, they haven't done it in years. But hope springs eternal...... ;)

Lacrosse Boy
08-26-2002, 10:58 AM
It sounds really cool!

gn2dlnd
08-26-2002, 12:49 PM
It was VERY cool! I've got a couple of pictures of my friend Mike and I dressed as Liz Taylor and Larry Fortensky. I was Liz.

ChewyPinkFloyd
08-26-2002, 01:28 PM
I think if Disney was smart & starts listening to what "we" want, they could make a lot of people happy AND make money doing it. I just hope they don't relize they could draw a crowd, and put it in DCA. Like they did with MSEP. Here's hoping...:D

LubDatMouse
08-26-2002, 05:03 PM
Its not there anymore? Rats!! What a safe, wonderful way to spend Halloween.

Anyone have Eisner's email?? we could send him the thread ...;)

I'm sure as well as being a crowd pleaser .. it would make Disney an extra dollar or two (LOL).

(By the way ... the pirates WERE "way cool")

rexfarms
08-26-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by LubDatMouse

(By the way ... the pirates WERE "way cool")

they were way cool but where they way too cool? What did they look like? What parts of the attraction where they in?

LubDatMouse
08-26-2002, 05:59 PM
they were way cool but where they way too cool? What did they look like? What parts of the attraction where they in?

They were cast members dressed up as Pirates, and they stood among the animatronic pirates. They would stand very still ... until your boat came up alongside .. then they'd turn and say something silly to the people in the boats (like .. " does anyone happen to have a spare pocketful of kibbles?" - this said by a pirate in the dungeon, standing among the men trying to get the keys from the stray dog).

We did the ride several times (they did similar things in the Haunted house - I remember a suit of armor in the lobby that was a bit more than it seemed). The cm's were never scary .. but they did startle several unsuspecting visitors .. maybe that's why they don't do it anymore :(

Nigel2
08-26-2002, 09:26 PM
Hmmmm... wasn't there also a haunted columbia cruise? One of the other things they did was making the castle crumble by using projectors.

One nice thing was that they would leave some of the decor out like the artisan pumpkins so that there was relevant theming for the timeframe.:D

ChewyPinkFloyd
08-27-2002, 07:47 AM
Oh! And remember when the wicked witch would fly over the castle then the castle would change and all the villians would come out. So cool...:D