PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion

PirateoftheCaribbean
06-20-2001, 08:20 AM
What's your favorite room? Mine is the graveyard (end).

Largent81
06-20-2001, 01:08 PM
The Ballroom, I always wanted to be the girl blowing out the candles when I was little:D

Rok
06-20-2001, 02:20 PM
I think my favorite is the lady you see while on the escalator leaving the attraction.

come back....
come back....
don't forget to bring your death certificate...

Dreamstaker
06-20-2001, 09:09 PM
The Hallway with the breathing door.

Love the pictures :D

Uncle Dick
03-06-2002, 01:24 AM
In the original mansion, it's probably the Ballroom (Pepper's Ghost is so effective). In the Haunted Mansion Holiday, it's gotta be the Conservatory.

DisneylandBoy
03-06-2002, 05:09 AM
I like the elevator the best. It's a classic!

Ghoulish Delight
03-06-2002, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick
In the Haunted Mansion Holiday, it's gotta be the Conservatory.
Conservatory??? There's no conservatory?!? Do you perhaps mean the attic? Cause there's an attic. I you meant the room with the bride, you meant the attic.

Anyway, mine is a toss up between the "swinging wake" and the elevator. If I have to choose, I'll say ballroom. There is just so much going on, that despite the multitude of times I've been through that ride, I KNOW I haven't seen everyting.

justagrrl
03-06-2002, 07:46 AM
If everyone in the entry and elevator would keep their damn mouth shut - then that would be my favorite for sure. But since everyone insists on yacking away - usually about their Aunt Martha's surgury or some ilk - I never get to hear the narration and that sucks. It's to the point where I think the CM should give a very brief spiel when you enter about being quiet so that everyone can enjoy the ride/show/(whatever you wanna call the elevator section).

*sigh*

Otherwise - I like the singing statues...I wish it would get stuck in that section for a few minutes so I good watch them longer.

On our last visit we got "stuck" for a few minutes in the ballroom and it was great getting to see it really well. It was my chance to impress the people I was with by explaining how they did the effect. (This is when I knew that I just spew Disney info to anyone that will listen when at Dland.) Our friends had this look like how in the he!! did you know that??? :)

Hey - while we are on the subject...the CM when we entered was going on and on about the hearse out front and how it belonged to Brigham Young. I thought that was all an urban legend sort of thing...and was a little miffed that he was giving out "wrong" info. Or - am I wrong?

:eek:

Cadaverous Pallor
03-06-2002, 09:41 AM
Don't make me choose! Hmm, I think I have to go with either the stretching room or the crystal ball room. Both of those mystified me as a kid, more so than the rest of the ride. Yup, I think the stretching room wins out - it's just so disorienting. I remember being a kid and hearing "this chamber has no windows and no doors" and thinking "he's right!" without once questioning the fact that we got into it in the first place. :)

Justagrrl - I've found that if you hiss "shhhh!" people quiet down. Not completely, but it helps.

mad4mky
03-06-2002, 11:16 AM
I love the graveyard...I love the little old grave digger and his skinny little dog. Not only is he so cute....but just THINK....if that was YOU being in that situation....we'd all be frightened to death of what was happening around us...with all the ghosts and ghouls...
Poor little guy..:( ;)

Uncle Dick
03-06-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight

Conservatory??? There's no conservatory?!? Do you perhaps mean the attic? Cause there's an attic. I you meant the room with the bride, you meant the attic.
The Conservatory (http://www.doombuggies.com/tour_conservatory.htm) :)

CarlieB
03-06-2002, 01:07 PM
Definitely the Ballroom - I love the detail!