PDA

View Full Version : Curious [Disneyland crowds]

Undertaker72
08-25-2002, 01:28 PM
Hey how was the crowd today at disneyland california?

Bill Catherall
08-25-2002, 02:35 PM
:confused: So do you want the crowd information about DCA (Disney's California Adventure), as the title indicates? Or do you want to know about "Disneyland California" (as opposed to Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disneyland) as your post indicates?

Darkbeer
08-25-2002, 04:14 PM
Here are my observations from DCA on Saturday...

I was there, and California Screamin was basically a walk on at 5:10 PM !!

I would say that the crowds were a decent size, but nothing out of the ordinary DCA size, my guess is that someone will mention something in the low 20's (and as the LA Times reported, last Saturday was 17,000). The lines for Whose Line were long, and had some problems, including having the show start 40 minutes late...The actual show was great, especially the Jokes Drew Carey did about DCA, started off the show with a comment about who was the idiot who came up with the idea of building a California Themed Park in CALIFORNIA... I so wished I could have seen the "suits" expressions, supposely Michael Eisner and Paul Pressler were in the park

Heck, they had the Super Bowl Trophy, the NBA Championship Trophy and the NHL Stanley Cup all on display Saturday Morning, and that had a line of less than 10 people most of the day, but I actually bought a disposable camera and got pictures, it was THE highlight of the day, besides hangin' out with some great folks!!

The crowds I saw for most events were not large, the Noon TV preview that had John Ritter and Katey Segal had the stage area about two-thirds full (the seating area for the Rockin' the Bay music series).

The Happy Hour Trivia was held next to the Beer Truck, and the 12:15 showing was small, one of the imitation Regis's (I think her name is Alyse)was hosting and being her perky self, and it seemed like she was screaming with the sound system...

They took down the Golden Dreams Banners, and placed ONE ABC preview screening banner, never saw a line there.
They had a watch the commercial and rate it preview, about ten people in line.

Miseed the 4 O'clock parade, was having drinks with a beautiful young lady at the Avalon Cove Bar at the time......

Heck, things like the Sorceror's Workshop had no line to get in, and even Soarin' didn't have that big of a line, seemed to be slighty smaller than normal.

Undertaker72
08-25-2002, 04:43 PM
Hehe. Oops. I meant California Adventure. I was curious if the crowd was out there on sunday for the abc preview thing.

Darkbeer
08-26-2002, 06:11 AM
So, it looks like Luc is just a Theme Park lover in general, DCA on Saturday, USH on Sunday....

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/article.asp?Symbol=US:V&Feed=PR&Date=20020823&ID=1879742

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., Aug. 23 /PRNewswire/ -- National Hockey League great and Los Angeles resident Luc Robitaille, who helped power the Detroit Red Wings' 2002 Stanley Cup victory, will celebrate the championship with family and friends at Universal Studios on Sunday, August 25 at 11:30 a.m.

Prior to enjoying the many attractions at the landmark theme park, Robitaille -- in keeping with the Stanley Cup's populist tradition -- will share hockey's 109-year-old symbol of supremacy with fans outside Universal Studios Hollywood, adjacent to the Universal's iconic globe.

After Robitaille shares the Stanley Cup with fans, he will be greeted by Spider-Man and led into Universal Studios, where he, his friends and family will be treated to such unique rides and attractions as Terminator 2: 3D, Jurassic Park -- The Ride, The Nickelodeon Blast Zone, the world-renowned behind-the-scenes Studio Tour, and the new interactive Special Effects Stages.

hbquikcomjamesl
08-26-2002, 07:47 AM
All I know is:

1) At around 5 PM, even though there was a river of cars leaving the M&F structure, it was still overflowing, for the first time this season, possibly for the first time ever, into the Ball CM lot (I know: I, along with my parents, had to walk all the way from BCML to the tram stop!)

2) At around 5 PM, all of the DCA gates appeared to be in use, and there were lines to get in both parks.