PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Wharf Water Ways

Techie7
08-25-2002, 10:03 AM
I was wondering if the water level had always been as low as it is now. It seemed like it could have been higher before. Also I wanted to point out how bad the trash has gotten in this clear waterway. I don't know what happened but someone let something go that shreaded into hundreds of little pieces. It really makes this nice area look "trashy"

HBTiggerFan
08-25-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Techie7
I was wondering if the water level had always been as low as it is now. It seemed like it could have been higher before. Also I wanted to point out how bad the trash has gotten in this clear waterway. I don't know what happened but someone let something go that shreaded into hundreds of little pieces. It really makes this nice area look "trashy"

Theres themeing it to the CA beaches...ya know, water levels going lower for whatever reason, and the litter that appears at the CA beaches.... :eek:

The trash issues is just wrong. There should be NO trash in any water way anywhere at DLR or anywhere. People who are to lazy to find a trash can and just throw it in the water. :rolleyes:

rexfarms
08-25-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan

The trash issues is just wrong. There should be NO trash in any water way anywhere at DLR or anywhere. People who are to lazy to find a trash can and just throw it in the water. :rolleyes:

Very true, I always pick up some trash when I see it. A wrapper here, a coke bottle there. You know just to keep the park looking nice. I do this more in Disneyland then in DCA.
:rolleyes: Even though I shouldnt have to do this, I do, just because some people are too damn lazy to pick up their trash.

justagrrl
08-25-2002, 05:10 PM
Speaking of trash, I noticed an out of place bottle in Pirates this morning. It resembled a Miller Genuine Draft (!) bottle and was laying down on it's side right before the pirates shooting at each other at the end, right before the hill up. Did not appear to be a prop and I wondered if it was a naughty CM or a naughty guest who put it there. It's on the right hand side, if anyone is interested...

...Finally took our first ride on the Mark Twain today. We had a great time as the band rode with us. What a treat. :) We had hoped to ride up with the Captain but someone beat us too it. This was a good consulation. We did note the large amount of trash in the river though. Lot's of pieces of plastic (made me think of the swans and ducks safety) and some empty plastic bottles. People must just drop their stuff whereever they want or something.

MammaSilva
08-25-2002, 05:16 PM
We have always 'noticed' the trash and like others, will pick it up and toss it in a can, not like there aren't cans every 20/30 feet thru the park .... but on our last visit we were even more aware of the 'plastic' floating because of Kismet :(

Pirate
08-25-2002, 06:49 PM
I know Techie7is speaking of the waterway but a general comment;
You do see this stuff, but, trash sits on the ground for less time in DLR than just about anywhere, those CMs w/ the scoopers do a pretty good job. I'm a LitterNerd a DLR rates really good.
Peole can be pathetic with the amount of trash recepticles availible, & I will point them out if need be ;)