PDA

View Full Version : 1 more ??......recommendations on character breakfasts.....nt

livinglighthouse
08-25-2002, 05:48 AM
nt

Disneyfan&mom
08-25-2002, 06:18 AM
My kids and I LOVED Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel. I called ahead for priority seating. Our time was 7:30 am, but it was well worth getting up so early for! The food was amazing, the service very quick and the characters were wonderful! We saw Goofy, Max, Donald, Alice and the Mad Hatter. Each of them came over to our table for pictures and signed autographs.
More food than we could ever taste at that time of the morning!

Highly recommended! Have a great time:-)

Bill Catherall
08-25-2002, 08:37 AM
What is priority seating? And what's the difference between that (calling ahead) and just showing up?

Thanks.

MammaSilva
08-25-2002, 09:30 AM
Bill, think fast pass VS. standby....without a reservation YOU may or may not get in, depending on how long you are willing to wait!

Techie7
08-25-2002, 09:48 AM
This is all I could come up with for Priority Seating (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm010710.htm). By calling the dining line and making a "reservation" basically you don't wait in line and are given a time to eat. (Just like any other restauraunt) I don't think it gives you anything special for character dining.

mousey_girl
08-25-2002, 10:07 AM
All it is is a reservtion. Not too much of a problem first thing in the morning, right after opening. Later in the day, you will can face a wait of more than an hour if you haven't called ahead.

We also learned the hard way that the night before isn't "ahead" enough. You can make dining reservations up to 30 days in advance and most people do just that.

During one of our trips we were hungry, if was 7:00'ish and we wanted dinner. This was about 2 months before DCA opened, so no DTD area. We were staying at PPH and wandered over to Goofy's. The hostess told us it would be a 3-4 hour wait!! I just stared at her and asked "for a buffet???"
We ended up at Hook's Pointe and had an excellent meal after a 30 min wait. To this day we aren't sure if the food was really that good, or if we were too hungry/tired to care.

We have also dined at Minnie's. The first time was great! The next time the food was cold and we were too far away from the staging area to see and the only character that came around was Pluto. Pluto sat down at our table with The Boy while I was fixing his plate and the hubby had left him alone (grrr).

Goofy's is a good mix of food and characters. We will definatly try it again this year.

Bill Catherall
08-25-2002, 02:27 PM
Thanks everybody. :D

Grandbreaker
08-25-2002, 04:11 PM
you can also eat at storytellers cafe at the grand w/ chip and dale or there is PCH Grill at the Pier hotel with minnie and some of the others.