PDA

View Full Version : PPH offering $99 a night

Zina
08-25-2002, 04:56 AM
Okay, just called DLR and was quoted a rate for Super Sunday in November at $99 a nite PPH. I know that DLH is supposedly better but best rate I was quoted was $186 (concierge not included)...come on that is way too high, right? They say the rooms are floors 3-6 with a theme park view. Is there a room with the Neverland pool in view???? We will be going to DL/DCA for the first time and want our trip to be special. We will have a 3 year old in tow. I forgot to ask about a 4th night free (fall getaway special). I guess if that is included then I have no excuse not to stay, right? Our 3 year old son is a huge Peter Pan fan and would just LOVE the Neverland pool access. Just trying to justify spending a little bit more money on a room. Current ressies are at Candy Cane Inn for $77 a night, same amenities also includes breakfast-but a little further away (obviously). Should we make ressies at PPH and hold out hope for DLH through expedia or travelocity? Is it that much better at a DLR hotel vs. off-site at CCI? Can you get the 4th night free with travelocity or expedia? Please give us your "2 ears" worth. Thanks!!!:confused:

SoCalSnowWhite
08-25-2002, 08:39 PM
Whoa, when we went last month, we were quoted $79 as cheapest for PPH and $99 for DLH with pool view. I would call and ask again. I remember in another thread, someone said they had to call a few times to talk to someone who actually knew about the Super Sunday rates.

stinkerbell
08-25-2002, 08:43 PM
I tried Expedia for DLH for a variety of dates and it was WELL over $150 for each date I tried. PPH was close behind, and GCH was $286 a night. Uh, no thanks. I'm still holding out hope, as our trip isn't until Oct.........:cool:

Zina
08-25-2002, 09:05 PM
Okay, I did cb and spoke with a nice gal named Monya, very helpful and patiently answered all of my questions. She offered DLH at $129 a night. Same as before on PPH $99 w/DCA view. We are booking with PPH and will keep a watch thru travelocity and expedia as time draws near. BTW, you can only get 4th night free with a package including park-hoppers. Who needs that when you have an AP??? Crazy, huh? I guess they want "new folks" catching the magic!!!! Any special room or location you like at PPH???I will call tomorrow morning to reserve a room. We think the King with fold out sofa makes sense. Our son can sleep on fold out bed-he'll undoubetedly think that is cool. I really hope I can get the DLH room cheaper as "we" are huge Peter Pan fans and would love being in one of their rooms. Keep our fingers crossed. Thanks!

teri
08-25-2002, 09:20 PM
DLH at $129 is a very good deal, most likely with no view but the rooms are large and nice.
PP at $99 is a pretty good deal.
Candy Cane at $77 is a very good deal.

You can't lose!

Copper
08-25-2002, 09:32 PM
Actually.. yea $99 for PP sounds very reasonable. Hope you have a blast on your trip! :)

kranders
08-26-2002, 08:00 AM
$129 is the going AP rate for DLH if you have a weekend day, $99 for week days. We have reservations for a Sun-Fri at $99/night and called back to add Sat night, they wanted to raise the rate to $129 for the whole week! We said no thanks, they will usually offer you an extra night (once you're there) for $99 on your last night. We usually get a lower level pool view.
I'm just excited that they are still offering AP rates into October and beyond. We were told they would end at the end of Sept.
Now I can do MORE DLR trips!! :D
I'm calling today!!

MammaSilva
08-26-2002, 08:06 AM
We have found that at the DHL, if we start our stay on Thursday with the lower rates, we get the lower rates for the entire stay... same is try the other direction, start on a friday pay 'weekend' rates til we leave.. needless to say we never start on a weekend day.