PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help Plz -- Lifetime pass

Pages : [1] 2

niblet
08-24-2002, 09:20 PM
I'm not gonna go into detail. My uncle has a lifetime pass, the good thing is that he never goes to disneyland so when he decided to give it to me he couldnt find it. They have moved a few times and he thinks it might of gotten thrown away on accident. So my question is, will there be anyway to get that lifetime pass back, or get a new one? and if so who would i have to contact.
ty in advance

MouseWife
08-24-2002, 09:32 PM
I am not anyone who has any real Disney knowledge, I will speak from experience of other things.

Usually, such things are non-transferable. Unless his is, I don't know how finding it would do you any good. :(

But, I would also imagine that his birthdate is on his application or something like that. Just imagine an application, all of the questions they ask, and there you go.

But, like I said, his might be transferable. And, I am just speaking of my own experiences.

Best of luck!

Bill Catherall
08-24-2002, 09:33 PM
I fixed the thread title for you. Maybe it will get a little more attention that way and you'll get the help you're looking for.

I'm curious to know how someone gets a lifetime pass. How did your uncle get it?

Cadaverous Pallor
08-24-2002, 09:34 PM
As usual, the best thing to do is call the friendly people at Disneyland.
(714) 781-7290
Best of luck! Although I don't know if that sort of thing is transferable....

Cadaverous Pallor
08-24-2002, 09:35 PM
Oops, the three of us posted at once!

goofey
08-25-2002, 08:51 AM
If it's the red VIP pass you're talking about, it's most likely not transferable, just like our CM passes. But you never know, I'd say call DL and ask.

rexfarms
08-25-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by goofey
If it's the red VIP pass you're talking about, it's most likely not transferable, just like our CM passes. But you never know, I'd say call DL and ask.

So if a CM get their pass lost they cant get another one?

Bill Catherall
08-25-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by rexfarms
So if a CM get their pass lost they cant get another one?
"Non transferable" means you can't let someone else use it. Not to be confused with "non replaceable."

So...nobody's going to tell me how to get a lifetime pass? :D

Grandbreaker
08-25-2002, 04:03 PM
yes you can get a new maingate pass

Morrigoon
08-25-2002, 07:15 PM
I don't suppose your grandfather was at DL's opening day was he? (One of the ways I know of to get a lifetime pass is connected to that)

Pirate
08-25-2002, 07:20 PM
Or maybe he was born in The Park http://216.40.241.68/contrib/sarge/Whatever_anim.gif

rexfarms
08-25-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Bill Catherall

"Non transferable" means you can't let someone else use it. Not to be confused with "non replaceable."

ahh yes! I am very drunk because I stayed up for about 14 hours. I was very tired. I slept for a few hours, back up now, but still tired. lol

Nigel2
08-25-2002, 08:52 PM
Hmmmm... if it was a key/pass from opening day then they probably wouldn't admit you since you clearly would look rather young to have been there opening day.:)

ksejr1
08-25-2002, 09:41 PM
some one needs to get info on lifetime passes, I want one!:D

Morrigoon
08-25-2002, 09:46 PM
The keys, if still in key form, could still be used for anyone, the thing is... you have to give them the key! ..... I was given the key over 10 years ago, and the first time I tried to use it, they had to go up several layers of management until they found someone who'd been around long enough to remember the keys, then they said yes, it could get me in free, but I had to turn the key in for a golden lifetime pass....... We kept the key ;) (kind of a family heirloom, you know)

Oh yeah, original point... if it was a key, anyone could use it - once.

corrinhorn
08-25-2002, 10:41 PM
Most of the Lifetime passes are given out to the CMs that have worked there for years...I mean like have gotten their 35 year statue. Those are the only lifetime passes I know of...

Nigel2
08-25-2002, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
The keys, if still in key form, could still be used for anyone, the thing is... you have to give them the key! ..... I was given the key over 10 years ago, and the first time I tried to use it, they had to go up several layers of management until they found someone who'd been around long enough to remember the keys, then they said yes, it could get me in free, but I had to turn the key in for a golden lifetime pass....... We kept the key ;) (kind of a family heirloom, you know)

Oh yeah, original point... if it was a key, anyone could use it - once.

Oh yeah I forgot you had that one.:D I can't remember did you have to go out and buy a ticket that day or not since you wouldn't trade it in?

Hmmmmm... I wonder what would happen now if someone tried to use it since you had to go though several layers before they found someone.:D

Bill Catherall
08-26-2002, 07:11 AM
[Homer Simpson voice]Mmmmmmmmm... Lifetime pass...[/voice] :D

goofey
08-27-2002, 01:18 AM
I personally have never seen a gold Main Gate pass, but I did meet a guy about my age (19-20) who had a red (VIP) pass that I think is for life. He said he got it because he was born in the old parking lot, where California Screamin is now. Point of the story: VIP passes are issued to people born at DL, among other people. The thing is, just like with blue and silver CM passes, a new pass has to be mailed every year, and if they don't know you moved, it's gonna be a problem. If the pass is a red or gold one, they might be able to dig in the archives that you're entitled to one.

adriennek
08-27-2002, 08:18 AM
I've heard the story many times about people getting life-passes because they were born at DL. They may have done this in the past but I don't think they do it any more.

Part of the problem is people *trying* to have a baby at DLR. Anyone else remember awhile ago when someone actually DID have her baby at DL? They didn't get lifetime passes, they got one-day passes to come back another day because their day was cut short. Their day was cut short because the mom went into labor right after she walked into the front gate!

I realize that some people have really short labors. I do. (I definitely DON'T but some do.) But, come on-- she was to term and that baby was born right away when they got there. You can't tell me that she didn't have a clue what was going on. She got all the way from her car to the front gate and didn't know the baby might be coming?

Adrienne K

cstephens
08-27-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by adriennek
I realize that some people have really short labors. I do. (I definitely DON'T but some do.) But, come on-- she was to term and that baby was born right away when they got there. You can't tell me that she didn't have a clue what was going on. She got all the way from her car to the front gate and didn't know the baby might be coming?

I've heard of women who don't even know they're pregnant until the baby pops out, and I find those hard to believe...

Disney Darlin'
08-27-2002, 12:37 PM
Just a thought. How much would you be willing to pay for a lifetime pass if they sold them.

Ace
08-27-2002, 05:55 PM
wow.... if I went back in time and told my parents to be at disneyland on the 18th of august, 1987, I would have a lifetime pass? woo to the hoo!

cstephens
08-27-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Disney Darlin'
Just a thought. How much would you be willing to pay for a lifetime pass if they sold them.

I wouldn't buy a lifetime pass. I've only made one lifetime commitment and it's certainly not to a theme park.

Sheila
08-27-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
I wouldn't buy a lifetime pass. I've only made one lifetime commitment and it's certainly not to a theme park.

You're talking about Star Wars, right? Hmmm. No, that's not it. I'll have to think about that one.... ;)

Actually, as far as lifetime passes go, I've heard that senior Imagineers and other select longtime employees were awarded lifetime passes (but that those passes have been downgraded over the years). Have never had that information officially confirmed, but I've heard it from several different sources....

Sheila