PDA

View Full Version : Transportation to Disneyland from LAX

LubDatMouse
08-24-2002, 05:10 PM
Hello out there ... we are once again Disney bound! (wahooo! :D )

This time we've decided to stay close to the park and just forgo the rental car .. because we spend every moment we can with the Mouse anyway.

So ... my question is ... how do we get from LAX to Disneyland (and back) at a reasonable price? There are 5 of us in our party .. two adults, two 15 year olds .. and a 2 year old.

We are staying at Park Place Inn .. right across the street from the parks. Does anyone know if this hotel has an airport shuttle?

by the way .. great info here - we got all sorts of good advice before our last trip to DW. :)

tabacco
08-24-2002, 05:27 PM
Try: www.airportbus.com

Their service is pretty decent, and they'll drop you right at your hotel. They also run once an hour, which is pretty nice.

A round trip is $25 for adults, and $16 for kids (Kids < 3 are free). That's mean $100 for you guys, which is pretty expensive. It might *almost* be cheaper to get a cab.

MammaSilva
08-24-2002, 05:51 PM
if it were me I'd check with Super Shuttle, when we used to fly into LAX we would rent the whole shuttle, private 'rental' was 70 bucks each way from LAX to Anaheim, no extra stops, no waiting and they dropped us in front of the registration office door, pick up was just as easy, but I'd check on the time for pick up now, before 9/11 it was 2 hours prior to your flight, with 9/11 security they may have increased that time span....

LubDatMouse
08-24-2002, 08:33 PM
thanks to both of you - the info helped a lot. I'm thinking .. ok - a rental car is pretty much the same amount of money a shuttle would be - and a whole lot more convenient. Soooo .. rental car it is!:p

So now ... new question - Anyone know of any great can't miss deals on rental cars (we are staying 5 days) ?

teri
08-24-2002, 09:54 PM
Actually, you might be better off money-wise getting a taxi-van each way with 4 big people and one little one. Or a limo.

We have used Airport Bus and Supershuttle from LAX. Both were fine for us.

For rental car deals, I always use my Disney Club card and use the National Emerald Aisle service. I get the double-discount - the Disney Club discount plus the free weekend day - by entering both the contract ID and Coupon ID in the online form for both discounts listed in the Disney Club mailings. You have to be a member of both Disney Club and the National Emerald Club (free with Disney Club membership) to do this.

Another alternative is to use Priceline.com to get rental car deals. Go to http://BiddingForTravel.com and look through their FAQs and advice before bidding, and use their links to make your bid if you decide to go that way. BiddingForTravel.com is an excellent resource.

LubDatMouse
08-25-2002, 02:57 PM
ok .. got the rental car - through National with the Disney Club discount - less than $100 for the 5 days .. thank you all again :)