PDA

View Full Version : Eisner in DCA and Whose Line question

Pages : [1] 2

Pooh
08-24-2002, 02:25 PM
Did anyone else see Eisner in DCA today? My family was walking by the waterfall towards the exit when about 4 feet to our right was Michael Eisner. I think I got a picture. The funny thing was that no one else around us seemed to recognize him.

Also, did anyone see Whose Line today? How hard was it to get tickets? When did you have to line up to get a decent seat? I want to try to go tomorrow.

Disney Crone/Kid
08-26-2002, 12:26 PM
You are an astute observer. That was Michael Eisner.

Last night, the folks at The Golden Winery said he dined there the night before, as did Jim Belushi.

The ABC Preview shows must be a hit, as last night, ALL the tables were occupied on the Winery's patio, as well as the terrace and the upstairs dining. The wine bar was doing a bustling business, too.

I still miss the deli and the store, but I am delighted for this turn-around for this area of the park.

Also, there are real grapes fruiting on the vine in the vineyard!

Ghoulish Delight
08-26-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Pooh

Also, did anyone see Whose Line today? How hard was it to get tickets? When did you have to line up to get a decent seat? I want to try to go tomorrow. Really easy! I just showed up, and Not Afraid says, "Hey, we have two tickets for you ." :D

Seriously though, it took a lot of standing in line to get tickets at all. Orchestra seats disappeared in a flash. The tickets we were so generously handed were in the Mezanine. It was semi-general seating in that while you don't have a specific seat, your ticket did designate which level you were on. The nice thing about the Hyperion, though, is that there are very few "bad" seats. We got in line just 5 minutes before they let us into the building and we (9 of us) had an excellent view. Of course, there was no way we could be heard for suggestions from way up there, but at least we could see.

Then there was the group of MPers who managed to snag the front row orchestra! Punks. Apparantly sitting that close has some strange affect, because EandCDad suddenly started coming on to Ryan Styles. Not sure what he was thinking :confused: ;) :D

As for the success of the weekend, I guess it was successful, but to what end. Yeah, it got people in the gate for a couple days. Yeah, it got ABC some good exposure. But once the gimmics are gone, I don't expect there will be any residual increase in attendance. Most people there were there to see the stars. They aren't going to come away spreading word of mouth to their friends about the great park, which is what Disney needs. One weekend where they shell out a bunch of bucks to pay some stars for a couple days, while meanwhile bringing in a few more APers, CMs and their families, a bunch of radio contest winners, and 3 or 4 paying guests (hyperbole, i know) isn't going to cure their ills.

Not Afraid
08-26-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
Apparantly sitting that close has some strange affect, because EandCDad suddenly started coming on to Ryan Styles. Not sure what he was thinking :confused: ;) :D

Yeah Baby!!!!! Such a pubic admission of lust in front a huge crowd! Poor LisaP;) :D

Disney Nick
08-26-2002, 01:00 PM
Really easy! I just showed up, and Not Afraid says, "Hey, we have two tickets for you ." :D
Ahem... need I remind you what two MousePadders got to the park at 8:30 AM to get those tickets for you all... I think it was the same MPers who got everyone FastPasses for Indy, HM, Pirates, & Soarin... now who would that be.... :D ;)

socabch
08-26-2002, 02:18 PM
Ahem... need I remind you what two MousePadders got to the park at 8:30 AM to get those tickets for you all

Not mine:D Sorry, have to give credit to RallyMonkey & Wife for that one. RallyWife offered three to me & my girls. Thank You so much had a great time. BTW, how's the foot?

Nick,
I do thank you and your partner in crime for the fast passes. ;) My feet hurt from the running back and forth from one park to the other.

All in all a great day. Got some decent celeb parade pics. Watched Jim Belushi Happy Hour show.

Not Afraid
08-26-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by NMoreles

Ahem... need I remind you what two MousePadders got to the park at 8:30 AM to get those tickets for you all... I think it was the same MPers who got everyone FastPasses for Indy, HM, Pirates, & Soarin... now who would that be.... :D ;)

Well, I have no desire to steal your thunder. You guys did a great job getting all of those tickets by (la la la la la la la la la). NMoreles, tou also did a great job of keeping the day's plans updated and on track. You can carry my wand any time! ;)

Ghoulish Delight
08-26-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by NMoreles

Ahem... need I remind you what two MousePadders got to the park at 8:30 AM to get those tickets for you all... I think it was the same MPers who got everyone FastPasses for Indy, HM, Pirates, & Soarin... now who would that be.... :D ;) I don't recall asking for any favors :rolleyes: ;)

Seriously, though, thank you. We had no plans on going at all, and were pleasantly surprised to find a pair of tickets when we showed up. And I was far more entertained than I might have expected.

Oh, yes, and a special thank you to FEJ for so selflessly taking the single seat in the orchestra section so that all the couples could remain together in the mezanine and none of them would have to suffer through sitting in the front row! Unbelievably giving, that guy is :rolleyes:

socabch
08-26-2002, 02:35 PM
You can carry my wand any time!

Wow!! Not Afraid,

I think you picked the perfect person to mentor. NMoreles did a great job of remembering all the details of the day. I could no way remember all the events of the day. Thanks goodness for programs.

Sheila
08-26-2002, 03:21 PM
Ehh, you guys can all keep Whose Line! ;) :p

I foolishly stood in line in the sun for the Alias Q&A, but the payoff was sure worth it! :D

Victor Garber (oooh), Ron Rifkin (aaah), Brad Cooper (double oooh), Merrin Dungey, Kevin Weisman and David Anders (more aaah-ing) appeared on the panel.

Sigh. Totally worth the semi-sunburn I am suffering from today. :)

Sheila

disneyhead
08-26-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Disney Crone/Kid
You are an astute observer. That was Michael Eisner.

Last night, the folks at The Golden Winery said he dined there the night before, as did Jim Belushi.

Good thing it was a weekend or M.E. would have been having a SuperSized McDisney Value Meal like us commoners. "Would you like fries or maybe a hot apple pie with that Mr. Eisner?"

RStar
08-26-2002, 04:56 PM

Then there was the group of MPers who managed to snag the front row orchestra! Punks. Apparantly sitting that close has some strange affect, because EandCDad suddenly started coming on to Ryan Styles. Not sure what he was thinking :confused: ;) :D

Sorry!;) (It was Goth day, not Punk day)

But we did wave to you, what more do you want?:confused:

And that single seat in the front row that FEJ snagged......

*We saved it for him!! *

:D :D heheheheh

Not Afraid
08-26-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by RStar

And that single seat in the front row that FEJ snagged......

*We saved it for him!! *

:D :D heheheheh

So.....are you saying that if one of us had taken FEJ up on his offer to take his Orchestra seat you would not have saved it for us?????? Now I really know what kind of person you are, RStar. I'm actually glad I never actually saw you on Sunday. I perfer to hang out with the NICE folks on the board.:rolleyes: ;) :D

cstephens
08-26-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Sheila
Ehh, you guys can all keep Whose Line! ;) :p

I foolishly stood in line in the sun for the Alias Q&A, but the payoff was sure worth it! :D

Victor Garber (oooh), Ron Rifkin (aaah), Brad Cooper (double oooh), Merrin Dungey, Kevin Weisman and David Anders (more aaah-ing) appeared on the panel.

Sigh. Totally worth the semi-sunburn I am suffering from today. :)

Sheila

We had wanted to see "Whose Line" but didn't get there until after tickets were already sold out. My husband really likes "Alias" but didn't want to wait an hour in the hot sun, so we detoured over to the Hollywood Backlot and sat in a nice air conditioned theatre and watched the "One Man's Dream" presentation - that was really nice. Then, we headed back over to the amphitheatre area, found an area by the coffee cart that was shaded by the nearby tree/bush, and we sat there while he listened to the presentation. No view from there, but he really just wanted to hear what they had to say. There was a word or two here or there (usually when it came to audience questions) that he missed, but he has happy to be able to have heard the presentation without having had to wait that long in the sun.

I've only seen a few bits of "Alias" when he's been watching it, but I didn't realize until the presentation that it was the kind of show to elicit that many screams from the female fans. :)

And then we went over to DL and decorated cakes!

Rallymonkey23
08-26-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by socabch

Not mine:D Sorry, have to give credit to RallyMonkey & Wife for that one. RallyWife offered three to me & my girls. Thank You so much had a great time. BTW, how's the foot?

I will have to speak on Rallywifes behalf because she is at the hospital right now. She's having alot of pain around her left kidney and they think it might be a kidneystone. :crying: Maybe "the fall" broke it loose? :D

Anyways, I'm glad you had a good time at the show. We saw you all waaaaaay up there. :D We sat up there on Saturday and still had a good time also. Drew Cary and Co. are hilarious!! Forget Alladin, bring in WLIIA?!!! :)

RStar
08-26-2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid

So.....are you saying that if one of us had taken FEJ up on his offer to take his Orchestra seat you would not have saved it for us?????? Now I really know what kind of person you are, RStar. I'm actually glad I never actually saw you on Sunday. I perfer to hang out with the NICE folks on the board.:rolleyes: ;) :D

Well, to be honest, I would have loved to have you all with us. But the SAP only allowed 6. And we pushed it by saving the one for FEJ (how could we say no, he had something sharp stuck through his nose!:eek: ;) ). But whom ever would have had the ticket and asked would have gotten it. The point was that FEJ didn't just help some poor couple sit together by takeing up one of the single seats, leaving two together elsewhere, as it was suggested. Did that make since? Next chance I get you'll be on my list.......

:D

Not Afraid
08-26-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by RStar

Next chance I get you'll be on my list.......

:D

Don't worry about it. For me it was just a great opportunity to tease the heck out of people I like. :D All in good fun.

Disney Nick
08-26-2002, 06:35 PM
Oh, yes, and a special thank you to FEJ for so selflessly taking the single seat in the orchestra section so that all the couples could remain together in the mezanine and none of them would have to suffer through sitting in the front row! Unbelievably giving, that guy is :rolleyes:
LOL, I was laughing when we asked him if he wanted Mezannie or Orchestra (we had 1 Orchestra left, and 2 Mez that eventually went to you and CP). He said he wouldn't want to deprive a couple of sitting together ;)

cemeinke
08-26-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
Forget Alladin, bring in WLIIA?!!! :)

Hey Hey Hey, wait a minute there - Maybe you and EandCDad are into the Ryan Stiles thing - but lets not forget the fun for the whole family the Alladin and Jasmin's storytelling Adventure is. ;)

Rallymonkey23
08-26-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke

Hey Hey Hey, wait a minute there - Maybe you and EandCDad are into the Ryan Stiles thing - but lets not forget the fun for the whole family the Alladin and Jasmin's storytelling Adventure is. ;)

Hehe. Ok, we can have both then. Just alternate show times of both shows. :)

As for Ryan Stiles....... He's too tall for my taste. :D

FEJ
08-26-2002, 07:36 PM
I took one for the team,saving space for a couple and taking the single ticket. I got some O.K pictures, though I would have liked to have benn a little closer.

Check them out here (http://users.adelphia.net/~fej/Whosline/)

Rallymonkey23
08-26-2002, 07:42 PM
Nice pics there Jeff. Did you wait in the Grand Californian for stars to come in or was that by accident?

lilblckrncloud
08-26-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Sheila
I foolishly stood in line in the sun for the Alias Q&A, but the payoff was sure worth it! :DI'm with you, Sheila! That session was the highlight of my weekend. The cast was so fun and friendly, and really seemed excited to be there. I am also a little on the crispy side today, but it was definitely worth it.

Sheila
08-26-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
Nice pics there Jeff. Did you wait in the Grand Californian for stars to come in or was that by accident?

Actually, he joined two female MousePadders (names not included to protect the guilty) who were busy stalk... er, um, *viewing* the stars walking by. Drew Carey, Colin Mochrie, Jim Belushi and William Fichtner were among the stars sighted.

Plus the Lobby is air conditioned! :D

Sheila

socabch
08-26-2002, 10:33 PM
FEJ,
Great pics! Alot better and closer than mine. You can barely tell who they are on the stage when you look at mine. Thanks for sharing.

RallyMonkey,
Tell Rallywife I hope she's not in too much pain. I've been where she is right now and it's no fun. :(