PDA

View Full Version : Current DCA Discounts?

Kayoss
08-23-2002, 07:39 PM
What are they?! I can't keep up!

I'm an AP holder that lives in so cal, but a friend is visiting and would like to see DCA (go figure). What's the price I can get him in for?

Kayoss
08-23-2002, 08:26 PM
God........is everyone as confused as me?

EandCDad
08-23-2002, 08:35 PM
Considering your two posts are less than an hour apart, I'm not shocked no one has answered yet. It's Friday night, people are out and about, sometimes it takes several hours or even a whole day (or two) to get the info you seek.

The only DCA 1 day discount I'm aware of, is the Southern California resident adults in for the price of kids promotion. I'm just not sure if its still running. Basically, an adult gets in for $35 and a kid gets in free with an adult admission.

The person purchasing the ticket, has to have ID with a Southern California zip code (I think). Hopefully, someone can confirm.

MouseWife
08-23-2002, 08:39 PM
I would guess EandCDad is right about the s.Cal resident having to show some proof {although has anyone ever had to? Do they just ask for a zip code?}

But, I saw on a commercial today that it ends September 3rd.

And, if someone knows different, I will take being wrong just fine. :)

Disney Nick
08-23-2002, 08:52 PM
I have a question. Cal Poly is technically in So Cal by Disneyl standards (less than 94000 area code). BUT, I live in the dorms and my driver's license has my old address. Also I have no utilities bills, so what would be my proof of residency? My student ID would prove I live in SLO, but I worry that the ticket person wouldn't know that San Luis is in Disney's So Cal area. Not that I plan on purchasing discounted tickets, but I was just wondering ;).

driftwood714
08-23-2002, 10:03 PM
To buy a resident ticket you need to show proof of residency. Whether it be a CA Driver's License, or a utility bill with a photo-id that has your address on it.. Zip codes are between 90000-93599. I believe this is from the Mexico border to about Santa Barbara and Bakersfield.

I'd say bring something from your school saying you are living on campus, make sure it's official and preferrably has the school address on it and also bring a photo id.

Darkbeer
08-23-2002, 10:25 PM
There are two So Cal deals right now, the first is the DCA only ticket, $35, plus getting a child's ticket for free as described above

The other is a Two-Day ParkHopper for just $79, the second day needs to be used by Labor Day (or the day after). This is a great option for Labor Day weekend, get in two days, then upgrade to a SoCal AP for just $20 on the second day.......

tabacco
08-23-2002, 11:19 PM
As for requiring proof, yes we do require it, and we always check. However, we're pretty flexible about what we accept. I've taken high school IDs before, so I can't see anyone viewing a school Id as a problem. BUT, please note that the promotional zip code range is 90000-93599, NOT 94000.

As MouseWife said, the deal does expire on 9/3/02, with nothing definite to follow. This is also true of the 2 day hopper deal.

Kayoss
08-23-2002, 11:56 PM
Thanks a lot for your help. I didn't mean to be rude....it's just that DCA has been changing their admission prices almost daily so it was no wonder that I couldn't keep up!

But we all know discounts will continue and that September date will be extended ;)

roberts1398
08-27-2002, 10:32 AM
Kayoss ... also remember, you can buy one park discounted tix at all the SoCal colleges and universities too...

hefferdude
08-27-2002, 01:18 PM
Zip codes are between 90000-93599. I believe this is from the Mexico border to about Santa Barbara and Bakersfield.

Its more like the US/Mexico border to just north of Paso Robles and over to Palmdale ( 93599 ). Cal Poly/SLO is right in there.

PS - There is life beyond Santa Barbara (we affectionately referred to SB as "Lobotomy by the Bay" )

The end of the earth is at the Gaviota tunnel. Lompoc is 22 miles past that.:D

kranders
08-27-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by hefferdude
The end of the earth is at the Gaviota tunnel.
Yikes!!!:eek: Where does that put me:confused:

tabacco
08-28-2002, 11:09 AM
The deal also extends to Baja residents.