PDA

View Full Version : Public Announcement

Pages : [1] 2

Mandrake Linux
06-19-2001, 10:48 PM
Due to the fact that obviously no one helped me out on the Disneyland Revival Team, my thread supporting a movement turned out just to be a three page mess of fake support. I have constantly tried to get a website together, contact Dennis, and have some pictures sent in to get posted, but all have failed. At the time of writing savethemouse.org is nothing but a blank page, representing exactly what my hopes are, BLANK. I have gotten some pictures from one kind person on peeling paint and black walls. Due to the decreasing undemand that Disneyland guests "Just don't care" I have left and lost all will to participate in this project that never happened. Others have even tried to copy my attempts and make their own thread about it to get noticed. All I hear is people moaning about how bad the park is, but failing to participate in a program by taking advantage of the Internet and building a basic website is even more worse than the downfall itself.

I have gave up trying to get people to support this movement. Even my thread has sunken below pointless BS threads such as (where would you do it in Disneyland?) Where is the support in that? In a few more years you wont even have a Disneyland. I doubt anyone of you will change the way the park is run by just sitting in front of a screen with a keyboard typing away precious time where instead you can take pictures and get this thing moving.

I am sure I will get plenty of BS out of this one. Or just get sunken down by more pointless threads.

Morrigoon
06-19-2001, 11:00 PM
AC: Why don't you pair up with ALonzo Hawk (see sign up sheet thread). He has great passion and guts, but could use some help finding a way to express it which won't get him fired. I think you two would work well together.

Mandrake Linux
06-19-2001, 11:16 PM
Teaming up by just two of a kind wont make it work Morrigoon. Two heads are better than one, but alot more are much better. Gotta build a big army to begin with right? We're not batman and robin. I'd hate to see myself in the 'Oddly Enough' section of Yahoo! News ::Two people have been seen protesting in front of Disneyland at 11:38 this morning. They are now in custody by the Anaheim Police Department.::

Anyways, I have fully gave up hope. Unless Luke Skywalker comes along with Obi Wan Kanoby to help save the rebels which are too lazy and weak to get to work.

Disneyland was a great place wasn't it? Try to cherish those memories as much as you can, because that's all you will have. Aaah Memories.:rolleyes:

Mr D
06-20-2001, 04:56 AM
Don't give up now you are at the threshold of a major change about to take place soon, just wait a bit and keep searching out the truth. As for the BS on the boards my guess its spamming from paid eisner supporters that do not want the truth known and are using misdirection to lead us away from our goals, also is the adolescant factor that must be considered in. Disney stock has stayed too low for too long of a time now and quite possibly we will see some changes at the top level soon.

Chronically420
06-20-2001, 09:11 AM
First let me say, ACDC, from the get go I knew you didn't have what it took to put something like savethemouse.org together.

You seem too young and too immature, and your posts as of late are just solidifying my original synopsis. Why do you think I told you to hold off, slow down, let me handle it? I have about 3 pages written up about how to handle our passion in the most professional of manners. 80S ERA and I have communicated as well, and he is willing to help push this plan forward from a professional point of view as well.

I don't know about you, but I work all day. I go home and have to deal with other, non work related issues. Whilst my Disneyland passion is leaps and bounds ahead of the average person, it's still hard for me to make time to organize a group of people like myself, trying to publicly expose a multi billion dollar corporation.

As I've tried to stress over and over and over..This is NOT something that would develop over night and it is NOT something that would be a success over night. Your idea is anything but original, again, as I've stated before..And if someone without that in mind took reins, we'd have yet another site displaying simple pictures with simple AP rants. This is not going to get anything accomplished, therefor the whole situation has to be looked at from a different standpoint (As mentioned in your thread, Disneyland revival team, by myself and 80S, I believe)

Now let me step down from my ever so powerful soap box and agree with you for a second. The very idea of there being false support on these boards is very likely and in all honesty, probably true. AGAIN, this is a reason to THINK OUT this venture and determine the best way to STRUCTURE such an organization so that those slackers are NOT INCLUDED in the base of said structure. Again, this takes time.

Then there are those out there who think, even though they're Disneyland lovers themselves, that we are crazy, have no chance and are wasting our time. This may be true but what do they know? Are they in my shoes? Thinking the way I think? No. They can say what they want, but it is better to have tried and failed than to never have tried at all.

So on this note, I will continue to put time here and there into developing the idea of savethemouse.org - Anyone else who feels they can do a better job, quicker, by all means..Do it. I'll even give you the domain I so kindly bought (False support my arse). I will continue to keep friendly dialect open with those who showed the most support (You know who you are). I will continue to try and get 80S involved in a business development fashion. You, on the other hand, can continue down your path of destruction and keep bad mouthing those who you really know DO have the passion for Disneyland - but don't have the limited sight to think this can happen over night.

-chronically420 - AKA "Dennis" as mentioned in ACDCs original post

Corith
06-20-2001, 09:22 AM
I meet with my mum, the paralegal, sunday about the mission statement and legal disclaimer.

I also created some prelim graphics for our site:
http://people.we.mediaone.net/corith/savethemouse/index.html

I'm currently working on putting the rust on the main interface art, slicing the image, and creating the javascript - Photoshop 6.0 keeps locking my system so its been slow going.

Berry Princess
06-20-2001, 09:39 AM
ACDC you should listen to Dennis. Not all of us that want to help out with this can every second of the day. Some of us have families, jobs, etc that come first. It doesn't mean our love for Disneyland is less than others just because we put it after other things. This is just something that will take time to build and not something that can just happen overnight (as was mention before in the Revival thread). As Dennis pointed out you can't just make this just another one of those sites with pics and rants of APs. It does have to be more than that and that will take time and patience. Maybe you don't have patience and think that something can be done overnight but it can't. Things don't work that way. Word of this needs to be spread and the internet is a wonderful way to do this. I'm sure there are those that are full of it and won't help out even thou they said they would but forget those people. There are those of us that want to help out when we can and however we can. You just need to relax about this and get some patience. Plus what have you done to help? You don't really say how you are willing to help or want to help or how you have helped out so far except for the

I have constantly tried to get a website together, contact Dennis, and have some pictures sent in to get posted, but all have failed.

But Dennis told you to slow done and let him handle things. You should listen to him.

80S ERA
06-20-2001, 10:29 AM
The effort is not doomed... it will just take some time.

In my opinion, the "group" has really lacked an individual or individual(s) willing to take charge of this organization. What we have on the Revival thread is nothing but messages like,

"We should have a meeting."
"Some of you should take some pictures"
"I've taken some pictures the other day.."
"We will soon have a sign up sheet..."

That to me sounds like a bunch of people willing to help out with no one to lead them. Kind of like chickens running around with their heads cut off.

A take charge leader or leader(s) would step in and say something like:

"I am in the process of organizing an email address list for the group. It will be a good way to communicate lastest developments and upcoming meetings. Anyone interested in joining the list should email me at..."

or even:

"I will be starting a new thread for everyone to post their comments on Corith's web art...Please make any suggestions on that thread."

another example:

"We will be having a meeting next monday at 7pm PST via yahoo chat to discuss the mission statement Dennis has proposed in the last email. Let me know if you can make it." (Notice it has the meeting date, time, place, and agenda)

It was quite evident that leadership and organization was missing in the beginning. However, IT IS STILL EARLY. It is in my opinion that a successful organization must have the following attributes as a minimum:

1. An Established Leader (Recognized by the entire group as leader)
2. An objective - must be realistic or else the effort will be a failure from the start. Milestones are a plus.
3. Member List with contact information - email, phone#, etc.
4. Regular meetings - Weekly, Monthly, or Bi-weekly SCHEDULED meetings WITH AN AGENDA. No meetings "for the sake of having a meeting"

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way volunteering my leadership services. (In fact, I am a little embarrassed to be posting on this board so frequently..) But Disneyland is one of my passions and would like to help out a quality organization dedicated to preserving the place I had my fondest memories in order to make sure we can share the sacred place with generations to come.

Like I said before, I'm all for joining a non APish-type of group...

Now will someone get an email list started at least?

Chronically420
06-20-2001, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by 80S ERA
Now will someone get an email list started at least? This will be done by the end of the day..I'll notify via a post on this board...it's a good move to get all serious people off the boards and onto a list, to get down to the nitty gritty.

80S ERA
06-20-2001, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Chronically420
This will be done by the end of the day..I'll notify via a post on this board...

Just a suggestion - the list should never be posted on any board; only should be kept among the group - for obvious reasons..

the last thing we need is a bunch of AP / Disneyana junk mail asking us to participate in their protest or "Disneyland nude day.."
;)

Mandrake Linux
06-20-2001, 10:54 AM
My responses are in {{ }}.

[B]The effort is not doomed... it will just take some time.

In my opinion, the "group" has really lacked an individual or individual(s) willing to take charge of this organization. What we have on the Revival thread is nothing but messages like,

"We should have a meeting."
{{I proposed that countless times for IRC and/or AIM and got NO RESPONSE for a date.}}
"Some of you should take some pictures"
{{That has been done already by ONE person. Alot more said they would, but I never got the pictures from them.}}
"I've taken some pictures the other day.."
"We will soon have a sign up sheet..."
{{Awaiting that from Dennis.}}

"I am in the process of organizing an email address list for the group....
{{I did that already, I only got about 3 responses to my mail box}}
Anyone interested in joining the list should email me at..."
{{Been there done that}} No responses.

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way volunteering my leadership services. (In fact, I am a little embarrassed to be posting on this board so frequently..)
{{Whats the deal with embarrasment?}}

Now will someone get an email list started at least?
{{Don't look at me!:D }}

Corith
06-20-2001, 11:02 AM
I updated the art work with the rust for the main interface and applied the background to the entire web page.

I'll start work on slicing the main interace, covnerting in from a jpg to an HTML, and adding the javascript next.

Mandrake Linux
06-20-2001, 11:06 AM
Anyone who is interested in this project go ahead and do so. I will herby guarantee that it WILL NOT WORK unless more support is gathered. Even if it is successful, the site will go for prolong periods without being updated, and Disney will just ignore it. Look at how big of a site mouseplanet is, it was even mensioned in the local media. Did it change anything? No. Disney just doesn't care. All I can do at this point is see a bunch of kids making up a site without no time on their hands and just laugh at them. No one on this board has the time and dedication to do this. I have proof of this because no one participated even in a discussion, something as simple as setting a meeting time, or more importantly emailing me their name and email address so I can add them to a file. Sure, go ahead, make a site, make a little mailing list group, but it will not work unless people participate. Only a few people want to make this go forward but it appears they have "no time" for it and no support. I am constantly being called a "kid" and made fun of. Ok Dennis, if I am not right for the job, you go ahead and take the lead.

Heck even Cynthia Hariss can't make a difference, and she is the President for crying out loud! I thought everyone would've been cooperative, but I was wrong. The only people even taking about this is just a few, so their toll will be a failure without anyone to support them. People even STILL continue to make BS threads to **** me off, today I saw one as soon as I got to the site.

Good luck soldiers. :(

Corith
06-20-2001, 11:19 AM
Even if anti-Walt never hears from us, never sees our site, and never cares, at least we know we did something, we said something.

It is not so much what others know, it is about what we know. We know the park is failing to live up to the expectations of its founder, its dream. We must cry out against such. Even if know one hears us, we still must speak. If nothing, to know within ourselves that we noticed and that we care.

Take a deep breath ACDC, the journey of thousand miles begins with a single step.
Do not let the time factor deter you from what you believe. There is lots of support for this idea. There is a multitude of voices not yet heard from. There are the thousands who lurk on this board, yet do not post. The is also cast members who come home and shake their head in frustration at not being to uphold Walt's standards. Let us not forget the few remaining executives who still believe in creative, dynamic, thriving company, yet lack the corporate political clout do to anything but sit back and watch anti-Walt and pressler deconstruct the company.
You are not alone. You will never be alone in your support of how things should be at the Park.

Mandrake Linux
06-20-2001, 12:32 PM
First let me say, ACDC, from the get go I knew you didn't have what it took to put something like savethemouse.org together.

You seem too young and too immature, and your posts as of late are just solidifying my original synopsis. Why do you think I told you to hold off, slow down, let me handle it?

I did. You are handling it now are you? It is weird because a few posts ahead someone said "they don't have enough time" to handle this. That is false because it seems like everyone can reply to my posts on such a timely manner. Every 5 mins when I check my email I get a reply, and STILL no progress! Can you possibly slow down more than this?!? Your theory is to do everything slow to get something written down. Now THAT is immature. The thing is, you are doing it so slow that no progress is happening which is quite frankly slow enough. It has now been 3 weeks. With a blank site, no members and no one to support you. The thing that fools most groups and companies is they do all that planning, all that hard work, and STILL never make progress! As a matter of fact ALL they do is planning. Then, it seems like if no one actually participates in what they talked about, the company goes bankrupt right before they get a second to count their annual profits. That other person made the graphics, but since you just want to slow down and take your time, nothing is being accomplished and valuable time is being wasted. I have a feeling this is the pace this project will go at, and it is quite frankly very dissapointing. See my point people?

Take your time, you have 5 weeks to write a reply back. Take your time and write one out and read it THROUGHLY, after it is approved for submission by everyone else, then press the submit reply button. Ahahahaha.

Mandrake Linux
06-20-2001, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Berry Princess
This is just something that will take time to build and not something that can just happen overnight...

Actually, I can prove that theory FALSE. Every D-I-G update is written and done OVERNIGHT. Plus I never meant the WHOLE THING overnight! I'd be crazy to think such things. I'm basicly saying the majority doesn't care, hence it wont help anything, and for Dennis to try and do something more than a wee three pages of raw text. If an entire D-I-G update (we all know how long those are) can be made overnight, so can this. And look:eek: , his site is far the most popular.

The proof that D-I-G pages are done overnight is on the Ask Al page if I remember correctly.

splbound
06-20-2001, 01:05 PM
ACDC,

Frankly, i'm offended by your tirade. You speak of no response, no cooperation, etc. Hmmm.

Although I commend you for your (original) passion, if you remember...I e-mailed you an offer to support your movement in any way that I could. As I explained, I own a home within blocks of the resort, we have AP's, basically unlimited access. All I have to offer this movement is the close proximity to the action. I asked what do you need? Pictures, descriptions, stories,... what?
You didn't even grace me with a response.

Now you're ranting like a child about giving up because noone cares? What more would you suggest I do? I offered, and frankly I agree with the level of maturity spoken about earlier.

Message to Whomever:
For the record folks, I am available to assist in any way that I can - in a civilized, well thought out plan to restore the magic. I am a mature adult, with 4 children, live within a close proximity to the resort, and do care. Please feel free to contact me at splbound@aol.com. I'm still available.

Corith, 80s, Chronically, you are doing the right thing.

Chronically420
06-20-2001, 02:46 PM
Just a suggestion - the list should never be posted on any board; only should be kept among the group - for obvious reasons..

the last thing we need is a bunch of AP / Disneyana junk mail asking us to participate in their protest or "Disneyland nude day.."
;) I meant to reply to this much sooner, but our DSL at work went down and I had to spend hours on the phone with PacSmell. In light of this, I now have ran out of time today (home matters call) but will get to it tomorrow (Setting up lists)

Let me clarify a little bit :) I see atleast two lists right now, one for general public and another for those interested in helping with the structure of everything - how things will work, etc. :)

I'll make the MX record change tonight, so the DNS servers have time to propigate the changes so once I get the work finished tomorrow (Unless other outages occur), I'll be able to test and notify accordingly.

Thanks

Chronically420
06-20-2001, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by splbound
Message to Whomever:
For the record folks, I am available to assist in any way that I can - in a civilized, well thought out plan to restore the magic. I am a mature adult, with 4 children, live within a close proximity to the resort, and do care. Please feel free to contact me at splbound@aol.com. I'm still available.

Corith, 80s, Chronically, you are doing the right thing. You'll be hearing from me this week, splbound. Thank you.

Chronically420
06-20-2001, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Corith
I updated the art work with the rust for the main interface and applied the background to the entire web page.

I'll start work on slicing the main interace, covnerting in from a jpg to an HTML, and adding the javascript next. Woo..corith..that stuff looks pretty cool :) I was hoping to have something ready (Guidelines on web site sections, etc) for you sooner..but, as you know, I'm as slow as a turtle. Forgive me. Your efforts do not go unnoticed.

How flexible is this layout? Can sections be added and removed at a whim (I didn't take the time to look at your slicing and how the images come together, sorry)?

You too will be hearing from me this week..Thanks

Mandrake Linux
06-20-2001, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by splbound
ACDC,

Frankly, i'm offended by your tirade. You speak of no response, no cooperation, etc. Hmmm.
{{No response? Where did that rumor occur?}}

Although I commend you for your (original) passion, if you remember...I e-mailed you an offer to support your movement in any way that I could. As I explained, I own a home within blocks of the resort, we have AP's, basically unlimited access. All I have to offer this movement is the close proximity to the action. I asked what do you need? Pictures, descriptions, stories,... what?
You didn't even grace me with a response.
{{You eventually didn't receive it.}}
Now you're ranting like a child about giving up because noone cares?
{{Yes, waaaaa :( }}
What more would you suggest I do? I offered, and frankly I agree with the level of maturity spoken about earlier.

I gave you simple instructions, I needed pictures. You were to take pictures and send them to me.

adriennek
06-20-2001, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by ACDC Therapy

Actually, I can prove that theory FALSE. Every D-I-G update is written and done OVERNIGHT. Plus I never meant the WHOLE THING overnight!

Uhm, no, not really.

Al has been working on this website for years. The only reason that updates get written "overnight" is because he has a LOT of infrastructure already in place. The organization, design, programing, contacts, etc, were not assembled overnight. Al has worked for years to foster the contacts he has made which help him collect information for his updates. Do you think that Al alone just goes out and finds his information? Many people call or e-mail him to provide him with information, photos, etc.

And DIG updates don't just happen every day. Al has to collect information, collect confirmations of it, etc. They only happen more than once a week when he has breaking news. Al *types*one page of information overnight, but he doesn't put together an entire website overnight.

And I'll spare you all a repeat of my previous post that Al isn't the only one who works here at MousePlanet ;)

Adrienne K

Corith
06-20-2001, 03:20 PM
How flexible is this layout? Can sections be added and removed at a whim . . .

Adding new buttons is a little tricky becasue of the down splines and the rust overlay, but not impossible.

I figured I'd place javascript roll-overs on the buttons to have images appear in a correponding top node (hence there are 5 each).

Nfatuated
06-20-2001, 04:21 PM
This AC DC is an offensive and a little loco. People have the right to post other threads you are to compulsive:mad:

Mandrake Linux
06-20-2001, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Nfatuated
This AC DC is an offensive and a little loco. People have the right to post other threads you are to compulsive:mad:

Sorry if my statements offend you but that is just your opinion. I did not say they do not have the right to post threads, I just had my opinion in it that some of them are BS and that is interfering with normal SaveTheMouse operations. No hard feelings my friend but business is business.

-AC/DC, who thinks California High Speed Pursuits are absolutely more entertaining than T.V. shows which happen on a regular basis now.