PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Pier Hotel Room

Jason Reynolds
08-23-2002, 08:18 AM
Has any of you stayed in the Paradise Pier Hotel, Lower Level Theme Park View Rooms? I have reserved one of these for Labor Day Weekend and was wondering if the view is all that great? It was another $30 for the upper level view. Please give me some thoughts.

Thanks a Million!

EandCDad
08-23-2002, 08:27 AM
We stayed in upper level theme park view at PPH. It was nice. You get a good view of DCA and we sat and watched the Eureka parade from our window. I can't really compare it to the lower level since we have never had those rooms. I'm guessing you'll be able to see things in the park.

One thing you could try is keeping a lower level reservation and then trying to finagle a free upgrade at the front desk (never hurts to ask). Or, when you get there, leave your luggage at the desk, go to your room and look at the view, if it isn't what you wanted, pay the $30 to upgrade. Obvious risk with this one is they could be booked.

Jason Reynolds
08-23-2002, 08:40 AM
That's a great idea, it is my 1-year anniversary, perhaps I will spring that on them for an upgrade. It never hurts to ask, does it?! Thanks for your input.

MouseWife
08-23-2002, 08:42 AM
I could be wrong, but, I will say from my memory. {I haven't stayed there since X-Mas 2000}.

Each time I've booked the lower level rooms, to save money.

I think once or twice we got a 3rd or 4th floor room. Other times, we had the 9th floor, 7th floor.

I would take EandCDads advice. Book the room, go up and see
the room. If you don't like it change rooms, if possible. If not, I don't think the rooms have too bad of a view.

We would go to the 3rd floor {where the pool is} to watch the fireworks. It doesn't seem like you are allowed over there but we go there anyways.

teri
08-23-2002, 11:06 AM
I have had 11th, 8th and 6th floor views. The view was fine for each one. :)

Matterhorn Fan
08-23-2002, 11:35 AM
I've stayed on the fourth floor. In the south side of the hotel, I thought the view was pretty nice. Further north the view is mostly just the entrance to the GCH and that wall they built around Mullholland Madness. If you want to see people wandering in the park from your room, you'll want to be up a little higher. Personally, I'd rather be one of those people wandering in the park instead of watching them from a hotel room, but that's just me.

Gymgirl975
08-23-2002, 05:06 PM
We stayed on the 3rd floor because my Mom is a smoker and wanted outside access. I would NOT pay for the theme park view for that floor again. I love the hotel, don't get me wrong, but on the 3rd floor you are really too low to see anything except green wall.