PDA

View Full Version : What is a souvenir sipper?

nmjohnston874
02-04-2008, 04:55 PM
I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I did a search and could not find a description. Are they refillable? How big are they? Are they worth the price? If not refillable, can they be brought back into the park and filed with a bottled drink and some ice? Thanks.

Rockchalker
02-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Expensive, bulky (take up a lot of room in the suitcase even without stuffing the dirty laundry in the cup) smaller than a medium drink (I think), only refillable with ice (or at least I was told.) We have had Buzz, Woody and I think Stitch. We have also had the Mickey Mouse ones filled with frozen lemonade. Those were larger and I would get it again as the lemonade was awesome. I am not a fan as the sippers I have bought before end up in the garage sale box!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-04-2008, 08:39 PM
The tops of them, the character parts, are so bulky and awful to pack. Then trying to find a spot for them at home is just crazy. Not to mention the price.
I would save your money and get a fun mug or something at one of the gift shops.

Disneymademoiselle
02-05-2008, 11:35 AM
I always swear up and down that I will use those souvenir mugs at a later date, to justify the fact that I'm buying another mug, and never do.

Just in case you are all wondering, the same goes for souvenir popcorn buckets ;)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-05-2008, 08:44 PM
I always swear up and down that I will use those souvenir mugs at a later date, to justify the fact that I'm buying another mug, and never do.

Just in case you are all wondering, the same goes for souvenir popcorn buckets ;)

The only plus with the popcorn bucket, when packing it to bring home, is it is great for sticking sock and undies in. LOL

Boo's Mommy
02-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Ok, minority here, but i LOVE those things, sippers and buckets. We eat a lot of popcorn for movietime at home, so they are constantly used. plus we bring those and the sippers back to dl with us on our other trips and just fill them ourselves (saves from temptation on buying more).

Nancy
02-08-2008, 06:26 PM
I love the "coffee" mugs (I think that's what they were called on my reciept) from NOS. They have flat lids that close and are refillable as well. We have the Christmas ones and the everyday Mickey ones. We also use them a lot at home.

xsilverxstarsx
02-09-2008, 09:46 AM
i sell them, they arent worth it. they are changing soon though, right before summer. they are becoming 32 oz and are going to resemble the ones disney used to sell, the ones with mickey, donald, minnie, etc and the ones with the castle on top. and yes, the sippers now are smaller than a regular $2.90 drink.

MiaTurner
02-09-2008, 11:56 AM
I keep trying to talk myself into getting the High School Musical one (the one with the characters on the cup and the basketball topper) but I keep talking myself out of it in the last two trips :| The megaphone the popcron comes in was just so much cheaper, and I can't justify to myself spening $11 on it, even with the AP discount...