PDA

View Full Version : What will the parks offer on 9/11

Disneyfreak
08-22-2002, 12:00 PM
What do you think will happen to the park on the day that will be remembered forever in american history? What I think is they should dress up Disneyland and DisneyWorld in red white and blue to honor the lives of the innocent victims of 9/11. Have American Music Playing in both parks and have a spectacular sight at night with a record amount of red white and blue lights and the best fireworks show disney can come up with. What do you think should be done to honor the victims on that day?

Bill Catherall
08-22-2002, 12:11 PM
There's a thread over in the Parks General forum called September 11 Observations (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9057) giving details of what will happen. But feel free to come up with your own suggestions. :)

(Personally I like the fact that they're going to keep it all low key. Anything too lavish will appear like they are trying to commercialize on it instead of memorialize it. It's just too soon for that.)

cstephens
08-22-2002, 03:41 PM
I agree with Al's comment on his latest update that anything done should be low-key.

I expect I'll be at flag retreat that day.

SoCalDisneyLover
08-23-2002, 06:53 AM
What time is Flag Retreat? Does it occur every single day?

cstephens
08-23-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by SoCalDisneyLover
What time is Flag Retreat? Does it occur every single day?

Yes, it happens every day, that I know of. I'm not sure of the exact time of flag retreat - I think about 6:30. Check with City Hall - they'd know for sure.