PDA

View Full Version : LuminAria is sent off to Yesterland - per Marcie at MI

Darkbeer
08-22-2002, 10:14 AM
The Infamous Marcie at MouseInfo.com states that LuminAria is NOT being offered this year.... check out the thread she started....

http://www.mouseinfo.com/mousetalk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4675

So No LuminAria, the possibility of concerts during the Christmas season is also been axed, what will DCA do for Christmas, anything, or maybe the rumored Disney's Electrical parade will get the Christmas Music....:confused:

But my favorite line is... "While the summer concert series more than paid for itself".... Yeah, that is not what I heard......:rolleyes:

Ghoulish Delight
08-22-2002, 10:28 AM
Awww, but how will I get my fill of acrid, sulfurous smoke :( :rolleyes:

Not Afraid
08-22-2002, 10:45 AM
While I'm not upset about the "fabulous" show being cancelled, I do wonder what they will do to entice people to DCA during the holidays. If they add Cristmas music to the MSEP (oops, DEP) I believe people will run away in droves.

Word/Feeling Association game:

#1 Disneyland at Christmas = ?????

#2 DCA at Christmas = ?????

1. Warm fuzzy
2. Cold steel slab

merlinjones
08-22-2002, 02:01 PM
...Then please get rid of that hideous bird-poop island ASAP!

tabacco
08-22-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight

Watch Fantasmic! from the Hungry Bear ;)

Sheila
08-22-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
While I'm not upset about the "fabulous" show being cancelled, I do wonder what they will do to entice people to DCA during the holidays. If they add Cristmas music to the MSEP (oops, DEP) I believe people will run away in droves.

I had the great misfortune of being at WDW two Christmases ago and heard the Christmas music overlay on MSEP.

It was ghastly, horrible and just plain awful. The Christmas melodies did not match the Baroque Hoedown chords playing underneath. Also, the Christmas melodies kept playing after the Hoedown went on to a different music section (in other words, they didn't match the music measure-for-measure).

Ick. I hope I never hear it again.

My oh-so-opinionated opinion only. :D ;)

Sheila

merlinjones
08-22-2002, 03:03 PM
>>While I'm not upset about the "fabulous" show being cancelled, I do wonder what they will do to entice people to DCA during the holidays. <<

A bank of television monitors will raise out of Paradise Bay to screen the new midseason replacement shows for ABC's current fall line-up! Due to continued cutbacks, no celebrities will appear this time, but the girls from John Ritter's retooled comedy series will offer prerecorded announcements showing their appealing new midseason personalities.

Free adventurer explorer kits and "bug makeup" will be offered to entice people into Flik's Fantasy Fair.

In desperation, Michael Eisner will appear in a new dunking tank at Paradise Pier, which drives DCA AP admissions through the roof between Christmas and New Years.

Everyone else goes to Disneyland.

Hades
08-22-2002, 03:38 PM

#1-- Whoville on Christmas day!

#2-- Grinch on his Mountain trying to figure out how to steal Christmas! :D

tabacco
08-22-2002, 03:42 PM
I still wanna see a giant santa hat on grizzly peak :)

sydney
08-22-2002, 04:03 PM
well, weren't we told last year that we didn't get fantasmic at christmas because they needed the money to pay for LuminAria? So my thought is, if they're not putting in luminaria this year... they no longer have an excuse to cancel winter's fantasmic performances.

But that's like "logic". since when do they go by that.

MonorailMan
08-22-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by sydney
But that's like "logic". since when do they go by that.

When they decided to repaint IASW back to Gold and White. :)

Rallymonkey23
08-22-2002, 04:15 PM

1. Warm fuzzy
2. Cold steel slab

Bye Bye Luminaria! We wont miss you!! (At least this family)

#1. If that don't get you in the mood, then nothing will. :)

#2. A big piece of coal in your Christmas Stocking. :D

RStar
08-22-2002, 04:25 PM

1. Warm fuzzy
2. Cold steel slab

1. Chilled Champaign

2. Warm flat beer (served on a bird-poop green island)

Disney Nick
08-22-2002, 04:53 PM
This thread is lost to the derailment gods....

mousey_girl
08-22-2002, 05:08 PM
I thought Disney was talking about revamping Luminaria for this year. I don't see them just killing it entirely. I was not a huge fan of it, but The Boy enjoyed the pyro. We were up wind and had no ill-effects. The "Season" is too far away to know for sure what DCA will or won't be doing. I am going to take the optimistic approach and not get all excited until I know for sure there is something to get excited about.

Lost Boy
08-22-2002, 08:47 PM
I also have heard the Christmas Overlay for The WDW Electrical Parade and agree that is truly awful. However...

The Disneyland Paris Chrstmas Overlay is wonderful. The overlay is only done between main melodies as bells and what is done during the normal music is perfectly timed and melodically perfect. In fact, it became my favorite version of the MSEP music. I have an MP3 file of part of it and a Paris DL CD that has most of it and I love it. Now, if they were to overlay the entire Parade with the French version, including the wonderful French language opening, that would bring me in for sure. I just love the French version at Christmas.

ahecht
08-24-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight

Spiderman Rocks! at Universal Studios.