PDA

View Full Version : Five Peppered Prime Rib of Beef

bag3lbit3s
02-03-2008, 10:22 AM
So I have one of the Disneyland cookbooks and came across the Cajun Prime rib, it described it was from Disneyland's Blue Bayou. I thought it was the Prime Rib that they serve now, The Five Peppered Prime Rib of Beef. Turned out different, still good, but definitely not the same.

So my questions are, what is the Cajun Prime Rib? Was this something from an older menu that they don't serve anymore? And does anyone have the Five Peppered Prime Rib of Beef recipe? I've had it plenty of times and it's absolutely delicious, and would love to know how to make it.

Thanks.

bag3lbit3s
02-08-2008, 06:32 PM
360 views not one response :confused: ?

R44kids2
02-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Hi,

Don't take it personally. I asked for some help with the Blue Bayou Beef Short Ribs recipee a while ago and didn't much of a response either. There must not be a whole lot of refined palets with chef skills here. Good luck with the Prime Rib, although the short ribs are better.

Bob

Toocherie
02-09-2008, 07:07 PM
I don't have the receipe either--but had the prime rib for lunch today and while it was good, I don't think it was cooked any differently than I would cook it--salt, a tiny bit of garlic and pepper--they probably use one of those multi-colored peppers (usually found whole to put in a grinder) so that is why it's named the way it is--just my thought.

I think there were so many views because other people wanted the recipe too!

Pastafarian
02-10-2008, 07:45 AM
Not sure about the prime rib recipe, but I have a recipe for molassas brined pork chops that is pretty similar to BB's if you want it. It's a lot of work, but sooo worth it.

Let me know.

R44kids2
02-10-2008, 08:30 AM
Hi,

I would love the pork chop recipee. Is it pretty close to the BB version?

MouseyEars
02-11-2008, 07:46 AM
< crickets chirping>

danyoung
02-11-2008, 07:51 AM
360 views not one response :confused: ?

Would you rather have 360 responses of people saying "I don't know"?

momuvseven
02-12-2008, 05:51 AM
I don't know either but we ordered this last week at $33 a plate and it was so not worth it. Very disappointing, not flavorful and tender like I would expect prime rib to be. The potatoes tasted like they came out of the box. The cookie boat we ordered for dessert was nice though.

R44kids2
02-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Like I keep saying....The Short Ribs are the best thing on that menu. You gotta try them.

Toocherie
02-14-2008, 08:24 PM
I agree--the short ribs are the best!

Reegster
02-15-2008, 08:50 AM
I like the ribs too. The portion is so huge that if I finish it, I wander around New Orleans Square in a half asleep stupor for the next hour! Oh wait, that usually happens anyway!:D Don't forget the fabulous Monte Cristo Sandwich! I know it is not exclusive to BB anymore but to me, it tastes better in the ambiance of POTC! (Maybe it is the slightly musty smell of the water that permeates the restaurant:D)