PDA

View Full Version : haunted mansion holiday - Nightmare again?

happyfunball
08-21-2002, 02:15 PM
anybody know if they're going with the nightmare before xmas theme again for this, like they did last year?

I'm going to be at the resort 3rd week of october and I'm not really sure what all this holiday stuff is going to be different about it..
I was at disneyland last september and got to see it all, but it would be cool to see it again.. I'm not sure just a striaght christmas theme would be as interesting.

or is it a halloween theme?

Ghoulish Delight
08-21-2002, 02:31 PM
It will be a Nightmare Before Christmas over-lay again. Whether anything will change remains to be seen. You can bet it will be, again, on the Christmas side of things (though I'd LOVE to see it slanted more toward the Halloween portions of the movie). One POSSIBLE change (and no one has confirmed or denied this, so I'm not making any claims. It would just be a reasonable change) would be to use the actual movie score.

happyfunball
08-21-2002, 02:41 PM
well, I hope they have shirts and specific merchandise available this time.. last year I couldn't find any and I only found out too late that what there was of it was only inside the park..
I didn't find any in World of Disney before I asked and by then it was too late to get back into disneyland to look again..

Ghoulish Delight
08-21-2002, 03:09 PM
The shop in New Orleans that was formerly called "Le Gourmet" (still has a sign that says "Le Gorumet," but it's called something else on the map now) has all the NBC/HMH merchandise. They've got some good stuff this year. Though, as I think about it, there isn't much that's really "Haunted Mansion Holiday" merch. It's pretty much Nightmare Before Christmas stuff. Not that there's anything wrong with that, just an observation. If you're a fan of the overlay, specifically, there isn't really anything there. But they may just be waiting until they actually convert it to pull out the merchandise.

Hopefully in the end we'll end up with a much better merchandising effort this year. Last year, the best stuff was off the shelves in a blink of an eye, and all that was left was a couple shirts and some cheap trinkets at that little cart next to the RoA.

happyfunball
08-21-2002, 03:21 PM
that must be why I didn't find anything.. I saw a couple people wearing shirts, and poked around in new orleans square but it was a saturday and ridiculously crowded, just as bad as any summer day I've been to disneyland. 9/11 hadn't seemed to have made the slightest dent in attendance.

hopefully they're have more stuff available closer to halloween.

only 58 days to go till I catch that plane.. *sigh*

Traci
08-21-2002, 03:42 PM
I bought a shirt from that store! I love it!

I can't wait for Haunted Mansion Holiday again!

cstephens
08-21-2002, 06:43 PM
As of a week or two ago when I last looked, the store in New Orleans Square still had the scrolls with the changed words to "Twas the Night Before Christmas".

It'll be interesting to see what the t-shirts look like this year. They can't use the exact same ones as last year since those were dated, and I saw some of them at a character warehouse a month or two ago.

I suppose they could just use the same design and omit the date.

socabch
08-21-2002, 10:11 PM
I bought a shirt from that store! I love it!

I have one on right now. I got an over-over sized gray one where Jack's beard is glow in the dark. It's dated 2001. I use it as a night shirt. The glow in the dark helps me find myself if I get up in the middle of the night. Hee Hee!!! :D

I can't wait intil it's decorated. I love it!!!!!

LibraryGirl
08-22-2002, 09:02 AM
I was sad when I wasn't able to see Holiday Mansion last year, but I will be at DL this year to see it!

Thanks for the information on the Holiday Mansion merch. I think I will be doing a lot of Christmas shopping in New Orleans square this year! ;)

Clinton84
09-07-2002, 06:41 PM
Does anyone know the timing on the temporary Nightmare overlay? We're going to Disneyland 10/9 - 13. I'm hoping that isn't too early. It would be nice to see this thing. I heard about it last year and it sounded cool.

Laffite
09-07-2002, 06:48 PM
The HMH is expected to be done by Oct 3rd

Clinton84
09-07-2002, 07:13 PM
Terrific! Thanks!

Lost Boy
09-07-2002, 07:37 PM
I just heard that a different musical score (by Danny Elfman) will be in place this year. I guess they are going for the Original Score, changed around to match the story of the Mansion. That will be cool. That music is just too good not too use.
And I read in one of the toy magazined that I get, that most of the original NBC toys and action figures and statues that all sold out so quickly that they can no longer be found, except on the secondary market/auction places and high prices, is all being brought back this year. I wonder if Disneyland will carry any of it? This is the good stuff that everybody wanted, but never enought was made to go around. It all sold very quickly. They plan to make much more, and are not re-tooling. This will be the orignal, in the original packages.
And they are planning on redoing the HM at WDW this year also. Some changes will have to be made to fit the differences the WDW version has. I have not heard if Tokyo DL or Pantom Manor in Paris will be redone. I don't think so as Paris already redoes the entire Frontierland area for Halloween and they really make it spectacular for Halloween. I don't know if Tokyo does anything for Halloween. They may not even have that holiday for all I know.

happyfunball
09-07-2002, 08:29 PM
I'll bet tokyo disneyland will get it eventually because the nightmare before christmas movie is hugely popular there.