PDA

View Full Version : Disney Club Members

mandi2728
08-21-2002, 11:52 AM
Does anyone have this card, or know of what discounts this gets you in park?

We are going the second week of Oct, so I would need to order it soon, if its worth it.

Also does it get you a discount or set dollar amount off a WDTC vacation package?
Thx

MammaSilva
08-21-2002, 12:34 PM
I have the DisneyClub, but also have a premium AP so I've never used the DC in the park itself, but I have to say that I have more than gotten my value for my 40.00, they have a special website for 'members' only that have coupons for different things at the park and DTD and "partners", you get 10 percent off anything you order out of the catalog or at the store but you HAVE to have your card with you at the store, they won't just 'take your word' for it....this June I used $5.00 coupons for Build a bear for 10 different kids so there was 50 bucks in one visit, of course that isn't the norm but look at your personal shopping/spending in regards to Disney, if you spend over 400 a year total, I'm talking DVD's movies, collectables, whatevers, then it's worth the price... if you don't then it probably isn't.

saturday97
08-21-2002, 01:55 PM
And you get a subscription to the Disney magazine...
Through my husband's work, we got the card for $30. I think it has been worth it for shopping at the Disney Store, but otherwise I don't really think about using it in the park-- I kinda forget!!

Iceman
08-21-2002, 07:31 PM
Here's a summary of Disney Club benefits at the Disneyland Resort. Keep in mind that you also get discounts at WDW, The Disney Store, Disney Online, Disney resorts in Vero Beach, Hilton Head, and Paris, at all ESPN Zone locations, etc. Plus you get a complementary membership in the National Car Rental Emerald Club, discounts on National car rentals, a discount to join AAA, and a free membership in Entertainment which offers hotel and restaurant deals nationwide.

$10 off 3-day park hopper
$15 off 4-day park hopper
$10 off annual pass
Various resort hotel discounts
50% off Welcome to Disneyland and Walk in Walt's Footsteps tours
10% off lunch at Hook's Pointe, PCH Grill, Rainforest Cafe, and Yamabuki
10% off lunch and dinner at Goofy's Kitchen
10% off dinner at Granville's Steak House
10% off anytime at Hollywood and Dine and Plaza Inn
10% off merchandise over $50 at any park store or World of Disney
15% off merchandise at Small World Toy Shop, Petals, Soliton, Mainspring, Liquid Planet, and Compass Books & Cafe
10% off Disney's Walk of Magical Memories bricks
10% off fudge at Candy Palace or Marceline's Confectionery

teri
08-21-2002, 07:41 PM
We have saved so much money on car rentals with the Disney Club / National deals, it has certainly been worth it for us. I believe we also used the discount for our APs this year. It has paid for itself over and over.

mikala
08-21-2002, 10:27 PM
Is there a time restriction on us taking advantage of it through the AP benefits? In the most recent newsletter, it is listed as 20.00 without the Disney Magazine. I just got a one year subscription for 3.99. We will see if it is as good as it should be when the subscription starts.

Thanks, Mikala

roberts1398
08-22-2002, 10:32 AM
Is it $10 off any AP, or just Premiums? If it's any, I'll be ordering that today...

roberts1398
08-22-2002, 10:35 AM
And here's a discussion at mousesavers.com re: Disney Club benefits at DLR ...

http://www.mousesavers.com/otherdl.html

Darkbeer
08-22-2002, 10:50 AM
The Annual Pass discount is $20 off a NEW PREMIUM Ap only, no discounts for renewing (Though you can let your old one expire, and then when you visit the parks after the experation date, you can buy another "NEW" AP) and no discounts for Deluxe or SoCal's.

This does make some sense since the Disney Magazine, and the merchandise Discounts (Though the AP version is better at the DLR) are offered in both, and they won't send you a second Disney magazine......

roberts1398
08-22-2002, 10:53 AM
I thought so. Bummer. Thought I could save a few more bucks when I upgrade to my DAP in 36 DAYS!!!

Think I'll skip it.

Do I get Disney magazine with my DAP, Darkbeer?

Darkbeer
08-22-2002, 11:09 AM
Sorry Diane, only the PREMIUM AP's get the Disney magazine (well, most do, some folks names get lost in the system), and then there is the delivery problems, I got my Summer and Fall issues at the same time!!!!....