PDA

View Full Version : whose line is it anyway

Pages : [1] 2

ksejr1
08-21-2002, 09:02 AM
I keep hearing different things about the show this weekend. Some have said that you have to buy tickets. Do you? oR can you just show up and wait in line? does anyone know the deal with this, I really want to go, but would like to know about the ticket situation before I show up. I have seen the web site and the only thing about tickets it has on there is for an over night stay and the resort. thanks.

Not Afraid
08-21-2002, 09:05 AM
I posted this on another thread as well. This is the info I received the AM from Disney.

8/21/2002

Dear Lisa:

Thank you for your recent letter to the Disneyland Resort.
We just received information this morning that tickets for Whose Line is it Anyway? LIVE! will be distributed at 9:30AM on Saturday and Sunday at the Hollywood Gate podium.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to write. We hope you will have the opportunity to visit the Disneyland Resort in the near future and trust your visit will be pleasant in all regards.
Sincerely,
Susan Joyce
Disneyland Resort
Guest Communications

KarenW2
08-21-2002, 09:35 AM
We were at DCA on Sunday, asked at the Info Booth and the girl had no idea what I was talking about! :( She then went on to GUESS that they'd do it like they did for the Soap weekends - just have lots and lots of people, standing in very long lines, waiting to get into the theatre. :(

I figure I'll try asking at Guest Services when we're at DCA for the Monkees mini-concert today and see what they tell me. We've found over time at Disney parks, you need to ask at least 3 different CMs before you get the right, or at least close to right, answer on anything.

Not Afraid
08-21-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by KarenW2
We were at DCA on Sunday, asked at the Info Booth and the girl had no idea what I was talking about! :( She then went on to GUESS that they'd do it like they did for the Soap weekends - just have lots and lots of people, standing in very long lines, waiting to get into the theatre. :(

I figure I'll try asking at Guest Services when we're at DCA for the Monkees mini-concert today and see what they tell me. We've found over time at Disney parks, you need to ask at least 3 different CMs before you get the right, or at least close to right, answer on anything.

Apparently this information was JUST released because another friend asked at the info booth late last night and they were clueless as well. But, lo and behold, I got the e-mail this morning.

ksejr1
08-21-2002, 10:48 AM
ok, is the hollywood gate podium outside or inside the park, cause the park opens at 10am. is there people out there just giving the tickets??

stan4d_steph
08-21-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by tiggergrl
ok, is the hollywood gate podium outside or inside the park, cause the park opens at 10am. is there people out there just giving the tickets??

It sounds like they'll be opening the gates at or before 9:30 AM. The Hollywood Gate is the arch over the entrance to the Hollywood Backlot area. This location is where they normally have someone handing out Blast tickets/FastPasses. As you enter and pass under the Golden Gate, it's to your left.

ksejr1
08-21-2002, 02:04 PM
Being an ap holder to both parks, I know where the hollywood gate area is, but I was just wondering why they were handing out tickets at 9:30 when the Cal Ad web site says they open at 10am. I guess i NEED to be there extra early Thanks you guys for all your help.

RStar
08-21-2002, 02:10 PM
Hey, I just got some interesting news! They have lifted the blockout date for this Sat. at DCA so that all APs can go to the ABC Preview. So Delux and South. Cal. APs can go. They WILL still be blocked out at DL, however. To check this you can call the DLR phone line, in the AP hotline.

They still list DCA as opening at 10:00. I guess I'll get there early to get the ticket. Thanks Lisa, you're a pall!

Tiggergirl, these are free tickets. No charge, but you need to get one to get in. And then get in line to get a good seat.

tabacco
08-21-2002, 04:17 PM
DCA has been opening half an hour earlier for a rope drop all summer. They'll open sunshine plaza and sometimes part of condor flats. That's how they're handing out tickets before park opening.

ksejr1
08-21-2002, 09:33 PM
thanks for all of your posts, I really appreciate it. Maybe I'll see you guys there.:cool:

lilblckrncloud
08-23-2002, 01:05 PM
I am so glad I wandered over here to see if anyone had any information about this! Thank you so much, Not Afraid, for letting us in on the scoop. :D

BlastFanatic
08-23-2002, 07:23 PM
Just wondering what time everyone planning to see whose line live was going to show up at Disneyland Resort. Also what time does the parking garage open?

TerryTiger
08-23-2002, 07:41 PM
I just checked the Disneyland website and nothing is listed for the special ABC weekend. Blast is running all day in the Hyperion theater tomorrow so where and when is Whose Line Is It Anyway Live?

BlastFanatic
08-23-2002, 08:34 PM
I just checked the Disneyland website and nothing is listed for the special ABC weekend. Blast is running all day in the Hyperion theater tomorrow so where and when is Whose Line Is It Anyway Live?

The schedule for Blast! has been changed for saturday and sunday. Disney's website says Blast will be showing at 12:00; 2:30; 4:30; and 6:00. If you check ABC's website, it tells you the schedule for everything dealing with the primetime preview days. There they have whose line scheduled at the hyperion for 1:30 so it should fit in nicely between the 12 and 2:30 Blast!:)

sydney
08-23-2002, 08:39 PM
as far as the website, you have to go to the seperate primetime preview website, the stuff isn't listed on the main disneyland website. the link should popup as you arrive at disneyland.com. as for whose line, it's at 1:30 each day.

I want to thank whoever posted that email from guest relations. I called them today at 5:00, and they had no idea on the ticket issue. Yeay mousepad....

I just wish I had someone to hang with this weekend-- my usual group of passholders are all busy. oh well.

Have fun tomorrow everyone!

Disney Nick
08-23-2002, 08:49 PM
Last I heard the show has been moved to 1:15 for Whose Line.

lilblckrncloud
08-23-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by NMoreles
Last I heard the show has been moved to 1:15 for Whose Line. The abc website still says 1:30. Did you find a different schedule someplace else? I must be prepared!

Rallymonkey23
08-24-2002, 11:11 AM
My ticket says 1:30 so I guess it's 1:30. :D :cool:

Not Afraid
08-24-2002, 03:10 PM
I just got of the phone with RStar from DCA. What RallyMonkey said was true for him as well with the excpetion that he got the the park at 9:30 and waited about 1/2 hour for tickets. YOU MUST HAVE A PASSPORT FOR EACH TICKET YOU GET.

Those wanting to see tomorrow's show should get there right at 9:30 (when the park gates open) to get in line.

We will still be meeting at the RiverBelle at 10:30 and the Hub at noon. There will be some of us not going to see WLIIA and will be hanging out at DL throughout the day.

Good luck tomorrow. Hope to see you there!

lilblckrncloud
08-24-2002, 09:00 PM
I really hope it is more organized tomorrow than today because it was awful! It was a super fun show, tho, so I hope everyone who goes tomorrow has a smooth and enjoyable time! :D

stan4d_steph
08-24-2002, 09:10 PM
It was quite an ordeal to stand in line today. I got in line at 11 and I was back by the new archway for Flik's Fun Fair. I got balcony seats. Got my ticket at noon, went and had lunch then got in line at the theater at 12:30. Then I waited and waited etc...

According to a CM who was "off duty" but went in and got the scoop, they had trouble changing out the Blast set and putting in the Whose Line. He also indicated that there were some issues with the techs from ABC not working well with the DCA ones. (Disclaimer: this is second hand so take it how you will).

Anyway, it was fun and Drew Carey was very entertaining making fun of DL and DCA. "Why'd they build a park about California IN California?" Why indeed! ;) :)

PurpleDove33
08-24-2002, 09:47 PM
I need some info. Where do they give out the tickets for WLIIA? I was at the parks today, but had friends from out of town with very small children, so we had to do the kiddie rides at DL. So I am planing on going tomorrow. And what time do you suggest that I arive to wait in line before they open the gates. And one more thing, what time does the parking open up. Thanks for any help in this matter.

lilblckrncloud
08-24-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by stan4d_steph
According to a CM who was "off duty" but went in and got the scoop, they had trouble changing out the Blast set and putting in the Whose Line.This was my friend's theory, too, but I can't even begin to understand that. Isn't there just some kind of scrim that comes down to cover the back portion of the Blast set? The Whose Line set consisted of 5 stools! How could that have cause so much trouble? Oh, wait... this is DCA we are talking about... NOTHING was organized so I am not surprised that this went so badly.

Originally posted by PurpleDove33
I need some info. Where do they give out the tickets for WLIIA? I was at the parks today, but had friends from out of town with very small children, so we had to do the kiddie rides at DL. So I am planing on going tomorrow. And what time do you suggest that I arive to wait in line before they open the gates. And one more thing, what time does the parking open up. The tickets are given out at the entrance to the Hollywood Backlot.
You should arrive no later than 9 if you don't want to stand in a huge line (as far back as the entrance to Flick's Fun Faire) for the tickets.
They let us in at 9:30 this morning and we headed straight to the ticket line. We were probably within the first 50 people in line.
Also - you must present a valid entrance ticket or pass for each ticket you wish to receive, so make sure you have all of the tickets for everyone in your party with you when you get in line.
HAVE FUN!

driftwood714
08-24-2002, 10:21 PM
Let's just say that Tomorrow may not be delayed because Eisner may be not around to possibly screw it up. End of story.

AVP
08-24-2002, 10:25 PM
In defense of the poor CMs who had to put up with WAY too much from rude guests today, there were several reasons why the show started late.

1) One of the stars was 30 minutes late.
2) More VIPs showed up than had requested seats, so there was a bit of juggling to make sure that all of the regular guests with tickets would have seats
3) More media showed up than expected, so there was a bit of juggling to make sure that all of the regular guests with tickets would have seats.

The staging was not a problem - the theater was completely set and ready on time.

They would have allowed the guests into the theater on time, as planned, if they were not trying to make the VIPs and media fit into the section reserved for them.

They would have started the show on time, as planned, if the performers had been on time.

I will say that the Powers the Be could have done a better job of communicating with the guests about the nature and expected duration of the delay. But I was dismayed at the behaviour of some of the people waiting to get into the theater. (Not our MousePadders!)

There was shoving, pushing, someone tried to jump over a row of seats and landed on a woman sitting in a wheelchair, security had to be called to deal with a woman who was screaming at the CMs.... not the finest example of guest behaviour.

AVP