PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Seance Room

dittersdorf
01-30-2008, 01:25 PM
I went on HM yesterday for the first time since its re-opening (after removal of the holiday overlay) and noticed a strange thing - in the Seance room Madame Leota's head is stationary and not floating (I know this is the way it used to be, but hasn't been in a few years) and the sound effects were missing - no tambourine, no "music from regions beyond". Is this just a temporary aberration? I'm assuming it is, but does anyone have any info?
By the way, I rode it 4 times during the day yesterday and twice at night!:rolleyes:

Jodi
01-30-2008, 04:48 PM
I rode on Sunday, and Leota was floating, tamborine and music were working.
I'm sure it was a temporary malfunction.

tokarrai
01-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Rode it this morning.

Had the floating, sounds, full nine yards.

T

Nancy
02-04-2008, 08:54 AM
When we were there last week the "floating" Leota had very visible wires. Did they fix this?

dougeebear
02-05-2008, 08:16 AM
When we were there last week the "floating" Leota had very visible wires. Did they fix this?

Yes. They removed the wires and installed the Leota Anti-Gravity Pack. She now zooms around the room.

Actually, there are always tweaks in the lighting after Holiday leaves. The Holiday lighting is much brighter than the regular Mansion. Also, it depends what time of day you rode. If riding in the day, the ride will seem darker and gloomier and the wires more hidden since it takes at least 10 minutes for your eyes to adjust to darkness. If riding at night, the ride will seem brighter.

This is also the reason pirates wore eye-patches: to keep one eye acclimated to darkness so they could go below decks and do their pirating business efficiently.

Bolivar
02-05-2008, 08:32 AM
This is also the reason pirates wore eye-patches: to keep one eye acclimated to darkness so they could go below decks and do their pirating business efficiently.

As was demonstrated to great effect on Mythbusters.

KDR
02-05-2008, 09:22 AM
As was demonstrated to great effect on Mythbusters.

Great episode. I love that show.