PDA

View Full Version : worldfamousjunglecruise.com

clockworkmonkey
01-30-2008, 12:55 PM
worldfamousjunglecruise.com (http://www.worldfamousjunglecruise.com) is, well, far from being complete, but now has enough content that I think I'll start actively sharing it. I finished one of the site's main courses last night, so from the attraction page (http://www.worldfamousjunglecruise.com/attraction.html) you can now read a detailed "ride-through" of the complete Disneyland Jungle Cruise, get an overview of the Walt Disney World version, and get a tiny peek at the Hong Kong and Tokyo versions. Plus, somehow, a look at the nonexistent Disneyland Paris version.

From the multimedia page, (http://www.worldfamousjunglecruise.com/multimedia.html) you can watch several Jungle Cruise-related videos, including a trip through the ride as it was in 1956, Pixar mastermind John Lasseter telling his favorite joke from his days as a skipper, and Donald Duck leading a group of fashionable early 1990s kids on a sing-along ride along on the Jungle Cruise (coming soon: Ed Sullivan does a Kodak commercial while riding the Jungle Cruise. Really.). Also from that page, you can select from a number of Jungleriffic desktops, my favorite made from images of a Donald Duck comic book (thumbnail below).

Movie news, a brief article about Lasseter's days as a skipper, various links, and my full Dream Job trip report are all available too with lots, lots more to come. Hope you like it, and feedback is always welcome.

Mods, forgive me if you don't think this is the place to post. I thought about where it might fit best, and went with this. I have no objections to you moving it, if you think it's a better fit elsewhere.

Pastafarian
01-30-2008, 01:03 PM
What a great site! I haven't had time to go through it all yet, but I book marked it to be sure to go back to. I never knew John Lasseter (sp) was a JC skipper!!

Way to go, great site!

MauiMickey
01-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Wow, thanks for sharing your adventure! Great job in the site...what a great memory for you. :)

clockworkmonkey
01-31-2008, 07:25 PM
Thank you both for the kind words. I'm glad you like what I've got so far. There is a LOT more to come.

disney_leonard
01-31-2008, 10:36 PM
GREAT JOB! Fantastic!

kerrymouse
02-01-2008, 05:31 PM
That is really wonderful. What an amazing job you did!

kennythepirate
02-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Great job Brodie!

vegaspixie
02-01-2008, 10:01 PM
I love your Jungle Cruise website! And I just finished reading your dream job story...that sounds like it was an amazing adventure!

SANDYMARIE
02-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Super site!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!

TTFN :)

Rapunzelthorn
02-02-2008, 01:23 PM
Are you able to set the rate at which the pictures change to a slower speed? The quickly changing pictures on the front page are somewhat distracting and I think they would be more enjoyable to view if the slide show was slower. Just a personal observation. :)

clockworkmonkey
02-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I'd consider re-speeding the pictures on the main page. Does everyone else think they change too quickly?

MiaTurner
02-08-2008, 06:11 AM
Very nice :) Reminds me of doombuggies.com and tellnotales.com in its neatness and information, I actually thought it was made by the same person for a second. Good job!

clockworkmonkey
02-12-2008, 08:41 PM
I'll take that as a compliment, Mia. I've enjoyed those sites for years, and they were certainly a major influence.

Matterhorn Yodeler
02-13-2008, 11:35 AM
The website look wonderful and I'm looking forward to exploring it in its entirety! Thanks for all of your hard work and congratulations!

Matterhorn Yodeler
02-13-2008, 12:13 PM
I just had a thought while looking at your website. You mention in the ride tour about re-routing the river when they built Indiana Jones. It would be great to see an aerial view of the river both before and after the change.

Also, it would be fun to see a "map" of the adventure, showing all of the scenes along the river.

Anyway, I really like your site. Thanks again and I look forward to your planned future additions!

sjcivilady
02-14-2008, 11:11 AM
hahahaha!! I just read the fine print at the bottom of your dream job page.... you're too funny! :D

Bytebear
02-14-2008, 02:42 PM
I just had a thought while looking at your website. You mention in the ride tour about re-routing the river when they built Indiana Jones. It would be great to see an aerial view of the river both before and after the change.

Also, it would be fun to see a "map" of the adventure, showing all of the scenes along the river.

Anyway, I really like your site. Thanks again and I look forward to your planned future additions!

They have maps of the cruise available at the skipper office at the exit of the ride. Free of charge. Also an arial view would be pretty tough because all you would see are trees. It's too dense to see the actual river.