PDA

View Full Version : BULLETIN!!!AP Blackouts Dropped at DCA for Aug 24 and Aug 25

FOOD_AND_DRUG
08-20-2002, 06:06 PM
I overheard a conversation in Downtown Anaheim today that Disney has decided to drop the blackouts on Deluxe and SoCal AP's for Saturday, August 24, 2002 for DCA.

Ironically, Sunday, August 25, 2002 is the first day that SoCal AP's can come back into both parks. Odd how this coincides with the ABC Preview Weekend.

There is no restriction on the Deluxe AP's for Sunday.

While walking down from City Hall to the corner bagel shop (across from the Disney office), I overheard a few employees chatting this up and they seemed mad that they had to call AP's to tell them that DCA is not blacked-out for Saturday and to remind the customer that it's only for DCA and not Disneyland
(I wonder why?....LOL)

Has anyone been called yet?

Sounds if Dinsey is pulling out all the stops to make sure we show-up for this weekends event...and remind us to watch ABC!

What about if you're a SoCal AP and have Parking...will they make you pay?

cstephens
08-20-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by FOOD_AND_DRUG
While walking down from City Hall to the corner bagel shop (across from the Disney office), I overheard a few employees chatting this up and they seemed mad that they had to call AP's to tell them that DCA is not blacked-out for Saturday

I have a really hard time believing that they're going to call all of the Deluxe and SoCal AP holders just to tell them about this. There must be many thousands of them, and not all local to Southern California.

But if anyone gets such a call, I'd love to know about it.

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
08-20-2002, 06:39 PM
If Disney would call any APs at all - it would be the ones that have either purchased a block out ticket this summer, or have used theirs in June.

Aren't there some 400,000 APs? That would be very expensive!

FOOD_AND_DRUG
08-20-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by cstephens

I have a really hard time believing that they're going to call all of the Deluxe and SoCal AP holders just to tell them about this. There must be many thousands of them, and not all local to Southern California.

But if anyone gets such a call, I'd love to know about it.

I thought about that too when I overheard the employees pitching a fit at the bagel place, but isn't the office in downtown Anaheim a huge call center that books travel or something?

Maybe it's slow and they can have the employees call AP's instead of waiting for calls to come in?

Anyway, I'm down at City Hall frequently and see many Disney employees (yellow badges) hanging around the corner of Lemon and Center Street in front of their building and across the street at the bagel place and the dumpy food court nearby.

That's the corner where Disney's building is, across the street from Pacific Bell and the parking structures.

Anyway, if anyone gets called...let us know.

SteveCJB2001
08-20-2002, 07:09 PM
They posted on the ABC Primetime Weekend Site (http://abc.abcnews.go.com/primetime/previewweekend/index.html):

Great news, Disneyland® Annual Pass Holders:
To allow all our Annual Passholders to participate in both days of the ABC Primetime Preview Weekend we are unblocking Saturday, 8/24/02, at Disney's California Adventure® Park only, for all Disneyland® Resort Annual Passholders. That way, you may enjoy both Saturday and Sunday (already "unblocked") of this great event at Disney's California Adventure® Park. See you there!

Calling all AP's seems way to much of a task.

Uncle Dick
08-20-2002, 07:30 PM
This should be a very interesting weekend at the Resort. The last few days before So Cal passholders were blocked out last June were quite crowded when compared with the weeks that followed. ALL Annual Passholders + End of Summer crowds + Weekend crowds + Special event should add up to a pretty miserable day crowd-wise. Glad I'm not working. :D

Not Afraid
08-20-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick
This should be a very interesting weekend at the Resort. The last few days before So Cal passholders were blocked out last June were quite crowded when compared with the weeks that followed. ALL Annual Passholders + End of Summer crowds + Weekend crowds + Special event should add up to a pretty miserable day crowd-wise. Glad I'm not working. :D

Don't forget Goth Day at DL on Sunday!

Sheila
08-20-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
Don't forget Goth Day at DL on Sunday!

I was confused by the link Mr. Not Afraid posted: wasn't the date listed for Monday the 26th?

What a weird day to have an official Goth Day. :confused:

Sheila

Alex S.
08-20-2002, 07:58 PM
Ugh.

Lani and I will be there representing MousePlanet this weekend. I was hoping we might have the park to ourselves.

Not Afraid
08-20-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Sheila

I was confused by the link Mr. Not Afraid posted: wasn't the date listed for Monday the 26th?

What a weird day to have an official Goth Day. :confused:

Sheila

Well cemeinke (that's Mr. Not Afraid) and the goth page (the source for all goth knowledge) say it is Sunday the 25th.

Do you need some help with eye liner, dear? I can help you.:cool:

Sheila
08-20-2002, 08:08 PM
Well cemeinke (that's Mr. Not Afraid) and the goth page (the source for all goth knowledge) say it is Sunday the 25th.

As usual, Mr. & Mrs. Not Afraid are 100% correct. My bad!

Now I don't need any help with the eyeliner, but I need to get my hands on some black nail polish and a stylish dog collar. Hopefully, it won't be too hot for my "rad" black leather outfit. ;)

(Thanks, NA, for the correction! :) )

Sheila

Darkbeer
08-20-2002, 08:23 PM
For those who want more information, here is the official web site with all the scoop about Bats day (aka Goth day)...

http://www.batsday.net

rexfarms
08-20-2002, 08:44 PM
interesting....;)

Uncle Dick
08-20-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
For those who want more information, here is the official web site with all the scoop about Bats day (aka Goth day)...

http://www.batsday.net
Now this might be worth driving down for… :D

Not Afraid
08-20-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick

Now this might be worth driving down for… :D

Oh Please, UD! I'll have some black eye liner for you too!

Disney Nick
08-20-2002, 09:52 PM

Oh Please, UD! I'll have some black eye liner for you too!
Now that I'D drive down for....

Lani
08-20-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
For those who want more information, here is the official web site with all the scoop about Bats day (aka Goth day)...Oh, pooper scoopers! I've been trying to lose weight, but I am probably still a good 100 pounds too heavy for that gaunt, emaciated, anemic, melanin-deprived, hollow-cheeked look so desired by that crowd. Oh well... in their honor I shall make sure to dye my gray roots black... ;)

cstephens
08-20-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Sheila
Now I don't need any help with the eyeliner, but I need to get my hands on some black nail polish and a stylish dog collar. Hopefully, it won't be too hot for my "rad" black leather outfit. ;)

Oh, wait, does this mean the oft-discussed leather meet has actually been scheduled...?

Not Afraid
08-20-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by cstephens

Oh, wait, does this mean the oft-discussed leather meet has actually been scheduled...?

I think the boat was missed on that one. The Village People have played and gone.;)

blusilva
08-21-2002, 07:39 AM
How do they expect to increase attendance by dropping blackout dates and then not telling anyone they did it? It's sort of like opening DCA early without telling anyone and hoping the crowds will flock on over. Oh. wait.

Yeah, calling everyone is expensive. But I don't see why they can't start at least an email list.

justagrrl
08-22-2002, 07:41 AM
Does this apply to us So. Cal. APer's too?

EandCDad
08-22-2002, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by justagrrl
Does this apply to us So. Cal. APer's too?

Yes, but again, just at DCA not Disneyland.

sydney
08-23-2002, 12:37 AM
Not to repeat ad nauseum my comments that we discussed last week about the fastpass changes at the park, but these short notice rule changes-- in this case, the unblocking of APs on saturday, is becoming frustrating. I have a premium AP, and I use it way more than enough to justify. my friends however are all deluxe or so-cal holders. so they've taken some time to plan their weekend around a free sunday (their first unblocked day... until this announcement was made), when we could evidently have just planned on saturday and gone.

I know the D-land resort people must have a logistical nightmare on their hands, but wouldn't it have been nice if they could have let us all now about this in the last issue of the passholder news? or include this info in the ads for the weekend? Since the park can be like at least 1/3 APs on a given day, you would think they'd want the body count way way up this weekend....

Oh well, it's late... See you all this weekend...

RStar
08-23-2002, 08:37 AM

You're not at all uneasy about your femininity are you, Lisa?;)

driftwood714
08-23-2002, 04:12 PM
I know the D-land resort people must have a logistical nightmare on their hands, but wouldn't it have been nice if they could have let us all now about this in the last issue of the passholder news? or include this info in the ads for the weekend? Since the park can be like at least 1/3 APs on a given day, you would think they'd want the body count way way up this weekend....

You know, it is very likely that people in charge didn't actually make this change until a week or so ago. Definately WAY after publishing the Fall newsletter (or whatever one was just released re: Flik's). Even then, sending out notices to all the APs for little changes would be very costly and not financially viable. The only thing they would say to you is that things are "subject to change without notice". This is an example of a good thing that changed and people (not you targetting you Sydney specifically) are already complaining.