PDA

View Full Version : First Stay at Boardwalk Villas- Tell Me Everything!

wed@wdw
01-29-2008, 05:02 PM
I finally got DH to agree to a quick trip down to WDW in June!!:D We are staying in a studio at Boardwalk Villas for the first time. It will be just the two of us, no kids this time! Our dates are 6/8- 6/11.

So, tell me evrything I need to know about the Boardwalk:

pros/cons, likes/dislikes, how scary that clown pool looks in real life;), etc, etc

Thanks!!!!:)

rentayenta
01-29-2008, 07:10 PM
I finally got DH to agree to a quick trip down to WDW in June!!:D We are staying in a studio at Boardwalk Villas for the first time. It will be just the two of us, no kids this time! Our dates are 6/8- 6/11.

pros/cons, likes/dislikes, how scary that clown pool looks in real life;), etc, etc

Pro: you are going. Con: I am not. :p Like: you are going. Dislike: without me. I still think we need to ditch the boys and go without them. :~D I hope the clown doesn't kill your in your sleep. ;)

The location is amazing and you'll have a wonderful time! xoxo

wed@wdw
01-29-2008, 07:18 PM
Pro: you are going. Con: I am not. :p Like: you are going. Dislike: without me. I still think we need to ditch the boys and go without them. :~D I hope the clown doesn't kill your in your sleep. ;)

The location is amazing and you'll have a wonderful time! xoxo

:p LOL!!!!

I could easily take you instead! At least you will tell me where you want to eat so I can make ADR's!;)

If the clown does kill me, I'll make sure I will you my DVC membership!:D

DisneylandForever
01-30-2008, 07:16 AM

Hi Jenna! Well I've only been there, have yet to stay there. But what I like is the location. It's within walking distance to Epcot! Plus the "boardwalk" itself is kinda cool (minus the carnival games, of course). It also has some popular eateries: Spoodles, Flying Fish, ESPN (for Nate).

As for cons, again I have yet to stay there. The only things that turns me off are that damn clown and those carnival games! Couldn't tell you anything about the accommodations, I'm afraid.

I'm sure you'll have a great time!

I hope the clown doesn't kill your in your sleep. ;)

Tracy and I are always joking about this. Like when we end up there we're gonna look out the window one night before going to sleep and see the clown, and wake up in the middle of the night, look out and it'll be gone! At that point I will not be looking under the bed, thank you very much.

wed@wdw
01-30-2008, 08:42 AM
Hi Jenna! Well I've only been there, have yet to stay there. But what I like is the location. It's within walking distance to Epcot! Plus the "boardwalk" itself is kinda cool (minus the carnival games, of course). It also has some popular eateries: Spoodles, Flying Fish, ESPN (for Nate).
I really like the fact that we can walk to Epcot! And you can walk to Hollywood Studios too, right? How about the Beach Club? Can you walk there from Boardwalk? I'd love to try Beaches & Cream this time & will probably need the walk to burn off those calories!:p

As for cons, again I have yet to stay there. The only things that turns me off are that damn clown and those carnival games! Couldn't tell you anything about the accommodations, I'm afraid.

I'm sure you'll have a great time!
Thanks! You and Tracy up for a trip in June? Come join us!:D

I am not a clown fan to begin with, but Nate does like the size of the water slide of that pool. Don't know how much time we'll have to swim anyway.

Tracy and I are always joking about this. Like when we end up there we're gonna look out the window one night before going to sleep and see the clown, and wake up in the middle of the night, look out and it'll be gone! At that point I will not be looking under the bed, thank you very much.
LOL! This is one case where I *don't* want a pool view!!:D

GusMan
01-30-2008, 08:59 AM
I really like the fact that we can walk to Epcot! And you can walk to Hollywood Studios too, right? How about the Beach Club? Can you walk there from Boardwalk? I'd love to try Beaches & Cream this time & will probably need the walk to burn off those calories!:p
Yes... DHS is walkable from the BW. Some say its about a 15 min walk or so.
The BC is across the lagoon from the BW. Only a few minutes and over a bridge and you are there.

And all I have to say about B&C is.... yum! :)

DisneylandForever
01-30-2008, 09:07 AM

Yeah all that walking is great for burning off the calories! Did I tell you my new plan? From now on I'll only eat sweets while at Disney.

And yes, the Beach Club is actually the closest resort to Epcot. You pass it on your way to the International Gateway (and walk underneath the water slide at Stormalong Bay - so cool!).

Thanks! You and Tracy up for a trip in June? Come join us!:D

I wish!

LOL! This is one case where I *don't* want a pool view!!:D

You and me both, sistah! :p

ETA: Touché, GusMan! ;)

Drince88
01-30-2008, 11:45 AM
And yes, the Beach Club is actually the closest resort to Epcot. You pass it on your way to the International Gateway (and walk underneath the water slide at Stormalong Bay - so cool!).
Actually, if you go that way from Boardwalk to Epcot, you've gone the long way around the water. I think of it kind of in a circle. Boardwalk is one one side, connected to the other side at each end by bridges. One bridge is 'near' the Swan/Dolphin, the other between Beach and Epcot. From Swan/Dolphin, you walk past Yacht, under the slide for Stormalong Bay, Beach, and then get to the bridge from Boardwalk to go to Epcot.

I stayed in Boardwalk Villas a couple years ago for the F&W Fest, and it was a perfect location for me. "Standard View" studios sell out very fast, so I had whatever the other view was, and did see the pool from my room. I didn't pay attention to the clown, though (sorry).

DisneylandForever
01-30-2008, 12:10 PM
Actually, if you go that way from Boardwalk to Epcot, you've gone the long way around the water. I think of it kind of in a circle. Boardwalk is one one side, connected to the other side at each end by bridges. One bridge is 'near' the Swan/Dolphin, the other between Beach and Epcot. From Swan/Dolphin, you walk past Yacht, under the slide for Stormalong Bay, Beach, and then get to the bridge from Boardwalk to go to Epcot.

Thanks for adding that Cathy! We have only walked from the Boardwalk to Epcot twice, and both times we took the "long" way because we like the view from (and of) the Beach Club, whereas the view of the Swan and/or Dolphin tends to make one queasy! :p

mkraemer
01-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Our family of six stayed in a Boardwalk Villa two-bedroom unit in 2003 (and we had a pool view!). We liked it a lot. The practical side of me really liked:

*having a washer/dryer, so I didn't have to pack as many clothes for the trip
*having a jacuzzi tub in the master room
*having a kitchen so we could eat in sometimes

We did not really like:

*the bus service and afterward, we felt that we should have rented a car.
*the bad luck of only having the Luna Park pool open the first day we stayed there (they shut it for refurb right after).
*the price; we felt it was too expensive compared with other options

As with all things, YMMV.:rolleyes:

acapelad
02-25-2008, 09:21 AM
we'll be there saturday :D

my wife and i always eat at the flying fish at least once per trip (eatign there saturday :D).

best steak i have ever had and nice apps (cheese platter).

we always sit at the bar (we don't like sitting at tables and being surrounded by people and having waiters walk past us all night) and the bar there is very nice.

gojoe
03-02-2008, 11:26 AM
We stayed at Boardwalk in December. Location, location, location. So much to do. Jelly Rolls, Dance Hall, Spoodles, Flying Fish, Boardwalk Bakery, ESPN if you're a spots nut and don't forget the Boardwalk. Boats shuttles to Epcot (walking distance) and Hollywood Studio (walking distance too). We beat the boat walking (it makes 2 stops before Boardwalk). Next we have Swan & Dolphin for dining. 20% discount for DVC members. I don't know if you have a boardwalk view but we watch Illuminations from our balcony. While we were walking back from Hollywood Studio we saw Fantasmic fireworks. Waiting for a bus seemed so much faster too. Central location in Disney World make for quick trips to other parks and Downtown Disney. Not as many kids as Beach Club is a plus. Great rocking chairs for an afternoon nap. Bike rentals and a nice quite pool if Clowns are not your thing. Washer and dryers are in the basement for studio. Studios are much bigger than hotel rooms too. If you need to rent a car you can walk over to Swan & Dolphin, not too many other places can say that. You can walk to an international diner at Epcot. Just the fact you can walk between two parks and stop at your room for a cold drink or to freshen up is enough. I think I've had too much caffeine. Have a great time, wish it was me.

stan2u
03-31-2008, 01:37 PM
After visiting Disney a number of times and getting interested in DVC, we finally bit when they offered Boardwalk for ownership. Our first stay there was on our next visit, and it was our best visit ever! Wife and I had one studio and our adult daughter the one next door Every morning we ate breakfast on our balconies and visited while we ate. Over the years we've been back there a number of times, but also stayed at other units for variety. Every time we stayed somewhere else we missed the Boardwalk. One example is that many times we would spend the day at a theme or water park, come back to the condo for dinner, then walk over to EPCOT for a little browsing/shopping and the fireworks show. We've walked to the parks a lot, but also enjoy the boat rides, even when it's just down the lane.

If you are not renting a car (or even if you are) and plan on taking the bus, keep in mind that the Boardwalk is a destination as well as a hotel/DVC site, so the bus service is very good. Also, if you just miss the bus back to Boardwalk - or it is too crowded - take the one to the Swan/Dolphin. It's right next door and the drivers don't care.

mom22gls
04-01-2008, 07:07 AM

We'll just miss you, Jenna. We check into the Beach Club villas on 6/14 for two nights in a studio, before our cruise. The girls will be with us.

Sharon

Wfoxx
04-01-2008, 08:23 PM
we stayed at the Boardwalk in Feb.06. we had a handicapped room over looking the pool. I didn't notice the scary clown. I was too busy staring at the TOT . It looks so pretty at night and in the morning mist from our balcony. The breakfast burrito was so good from the Boardwalk bakery (its large enough for 2). Just have DH do a breakfast run and bring it back to your room for a romantic breakfast. Enjoy the nite life on the boardwalk with the juggler and the magician. Have a great time.