PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Fight [Training Academy]

DebT
01-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Our group of women who were at DL on Friday (1/25) are having an argument. We are trusting this Board to make a final determination.

We enjoyed watching the Jedi Training Academy in the afternoon. In the evening, after some wine, the ladies in our group decided to reinact the moves. Our debate is on the script.

After left arm / right arm isn't "duck" next? A couple people say it's left arm / right arm / left leg / "duck." We may have the rights and lefts wrong. But the big debate is where "duck" is in the sequence.

Are we silly or what!?! Thanks for humoring us.

Malcon10t
01-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Our group of women who were at DL on Friday (1/25) are having an argument. We are trusting this Board to make a final determination.

We enjoyed watching the Jedi Training Academy in the afternoon. In the evening, after some wine, the ladies in our group decided to reinact the moves. Our debate is on the script.

After left arm / right arm isn't "duck" next? A couple people say it's left arm / right arm / left leg / "duck." We may have the rights and lefts wrong. But the big debate is where "duck" is in the sequence.

Are we silly or what!?! Thanks for humoring us.I believe (and I have only been to it once) that the duck comes after the first leg. Have you checked Youtube.com?

CardQB
01-29-2008, 03:34 PM
Went to the show on Saturday 1/26 and from what I got, it was just random.. the Jedi Master would say it in whatever order he wanted, a way to be sure the kids were listening. Also had the hit to the head thrown in there from time to time. So, there probably is no right way.

Malcon10t
01-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Went to the show on Saturday 1/26 and from what I got, it was just random.. the Jedi Master would say it in whatever order he wanted, a way to be sure the kids were listening. Also had the hit to the head thrown in there from time to time. So, there probably is no right way.
Actually, it isn't random. It is similar to a kata. The pattern is "Left Shoulder, Right Shoulder, Left Leg, Duck, Left Leg, Right Leg, Head." It is done in this pattern to help "protect" Darth Vadar and Maul when they fight the kids, otherwise, it could be even more chaos than it is.

DebT
01-29-2008, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't think he said the left leg three times. You have settled an office argument :)

Another Dimension
01-31-2008, 01:44 PM
It is done in this pattern to help "protect" Darth Vadar and Maul when they fight the kids, otherwise, it could be even more chaos than it is.

But there is always a fun roar of mock approval from the crowd for the kid that deviates from his/her training and actually connects with a light saber swing to Maul or Vader.... :~D

:)

genericeric
02-01-2008, 11:40 PM
How do you get into the Jedi Training? We are going in April and my son is such a Star Wars fan this would make the trip for him.

Malcon10t
02-02-2008, 06:07 AM
How do you get into the Jedi Training? We are going in April and my son is such a Star Wars fan this would make the trip for him.The kids (between ages 4 and 12) are picked by the Jedi Master. They pick about 30 from the crowd. (Maybe someone knows the exact number.) Generally those who are picked are enthusiastic. The one who is standing there quietly raising his hand will usually be skipped. The ones jumping up and down yelling "Pick me" get picked. Ways to get an advantage - Wear Star wars clothing, make a sign before and bring with you (Something like "I want to be a Jedi" or "Don't let the Darkside take me".) Last July, we took 3 boys and all 3 got picked.

disneyperson
02-02-2008, 11:45 AM
So funny! My daughter and I love the Jedi training Academy. We always watch it
a few times when we visit to smile at the adorable little padawans and cheer for our guy, Darth Maul. ( the Jedi masters aren't bad to look at either):~D:cool:

Malcon10t's pattern is correct. (yes, we've watched it often enough to know :rolleyes:)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-04-2008, 08:47 PM
The kids (between ages 4 and 12) are picked by the Jedi Master. They pick about 30 from the crowd. (Maybe someone knows the exact number.) Generally those who are picked are enthusiastic. The one who is standing there quietly raising his hand will usually be skipped. The ones jumping up and down yelling "Pick me" get picked. Ways to get an advantage - Wear Star wars clothing, make a sign before and bring with you (Something like "I want to be a Jedi" or "Don't let the Darkside take me".) Last July, we took 3 boys and all 3 got picked.

Another way to get your kid picked is to hold them up in the air like a piece of meat and the master will say "oh that one is levitating" and pick them. :rolleyes: My DH refused to do this with our kids. Some parents are so pushy. Oh and then there is the parents who just send their kids up on stage, while the Jedi Master is not looking and they get the robe and light saber and are all dressed by the helpers, because there are so many kids being picked that they are not sure who was truly picked by the Master or not.