PDA

View Full Version : Bad days to visit Aug 22-3????

Mickeyslittlehelper
08-20-2002, 03:31 PM
Hey Everyone! I am leaving in 1 day 13 hours 28 min. I have a 5 day pass and was wondering if there were some days you think I should avoid due to crowds and closures?

Thanks,
John

roberts1398
08-20-2002, 04:18 PM
Oh Mickeys ... you know there's never a bad day to visit Disneyland!!! How long are you going for?

You know Friday, Sat. and Sun. will be very busy. If you're going for more than 5 days, skip Sat. If you have a pass for every day you're there, then get there 30-60 min. before opening, use Fast Pass wisely, take a break in the afternoon and going swimming at the hotel and nap, and stay till closing, riding the popular rides during the early a.m., normal mealtimes, parades, fireworks, and Fantasmic (except when you're seeing F!, of course!).

Ooh, just remembered ... its the ABC Primetime Preview this weekend at DCA. So if this interests you, plan to be there; if not, avoid it like the plague!

Mickeyslittlehelper
08-20-2002, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the info, Do you think DL will be busy on the 24th & 25th? I know DCA will be.

Thanks,
John:)

(if you need research done, just ask)

Darkbeer
08-20-2002, 04:38 PM
I think that the worst day will be SUNDAY the 25th, Saturday the 24th, only Premium AP holders are allowed into the park, but on Sunday, ALL THREE types of AP's are valid, including the SoCal AP's, which have been blacked out for over two months, between it being the first day back for them, plus the temptation of the ABC events at DCA. It will be a very busy day, plus the Goths also plan a get-together on Sunday the 25th. So I would be choosing Saturday over Sunday!!!

roberts1398
08-20-2002, 05:04 PM
I knew I should actually have opened the Goth forum at the other site, instead of just marking it as read... lol

socabch
08-20-2002, 07:52 PM
If you want to see the Fantasmic you will have to go Sat or Sun night. The best time is Sunday's at 10:30 p.m. Easier to get spots close up. Take your time and enjoy. Check the schedule at the Disney site before you leave. Shows are usually never changed.

KarenW2
08-20-2002, 11:44 PM
Just read the sad news that they're "unblocking" the day Saturday, so all passholders can get in to the ABC thing at DCA that day!

We had planned to come Saturday, to try to see Whose Line, since it would be blocked out hence much less crowded, but now we may not come up at all, if it's going to be really crowded to where we don't have a chance of seeing the show.