PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Merchandise

jeffthechef
01-25-2008, 02:08 PM
The brains at TDA closed the cart that sold Haunted Mansion merchandise several years ago. Apparently it was due to a labor shortage. Is there any way to get shirts and other HM memorabilia?

Niwel
01-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Yup -- Le Bat En Rouge -- near the POTC entrance has a lot of cool stuff.

POTCpurist
01-25-2008, 02:52 PM
Yup -- Le Bat En Rouge -- near the POTC entrance has a lot of cool stuff.

Then I must be completely blind as a "bat". :~D

I visited the resort during the second week of January and once again went into that store thinking I might find some actual Haunted Mansion merch, as I have for the past few years. But I only end up seeing Nightmare crap..er, stuff. :~D My niece loves it, but I just want to see HM stuff again. I think there may be shot glasses, but for the life of me I can't see HM merch anywhere these days.

Thankfully, at the Fullerton Disney outlet, about 4 years ago I found a HM t-shirt that was really cool...

Niwel
01-25-2008, 03:05 PM
I think there may be shot glasses, but for the life of me I can't see HM merch anywhere these days..

Oh ... it might be my bad ... I saw a lot of things around there before. They might have changed it. Were you looking for something specific?

POTCpurist
01-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Oh ... it might be my bad ... I saw a lot of things around there before. They might have changed it. Were you looking for something specific?

Oh hey, nothing to apologize for...it was just odd that this is something that I was thinking about recently and then I saw your post and wondered if I might have missed something. I really take a long look around for POTC and HM stuff so I was just hoping I didn't miss anything!

Frankly what I'm looking for I don't think we'll ever see, but a sweatshirt or hooded sweatshirt type of thing would be cool. Just not sure if that kind of stuff will ever be around again for HM.

cstephens
01-25-2008, 04:01 PM
There's actually not a lot of Haunted Mansion merchandise at the moment. Le Bat en Rouge has indeed turned into the Nightmare store. There might be one little mini-snowglobe - not sure if that's still around. They had the bat ears, but again, not sure if that's around now or if it was just for October.

All the other cool Mansion merchandise is gone. :(

olegc
01-25-2008, 10:47 PM
There's actually not a lot of Haunted Mansion merchandise at the moment. Le Bat en Rouge has indeed turned into the Nightmare store. There might be one little mini-snowglobe - not sure if that's still around. They had the bat ears, but again, not sure if that's around now or if it was just for October.

you "might" try the WOD store in the ears section to see about HM ears. There might be one or two left. There might be the ods and ends coffee mug, etc. - but as cstephens says - the cool stuff is no more.

In fact it seems that DLR tends to focus on certain themed merchandise and not necessarily attractions. Characters? yes... Trendy "hip" styles, yes. Babies and young kids? yes; but the attractions and such have had better representation at WDW than at DLR - a holdover I believe from the pressler days that still exists. The only place you get fair treatment is Pins - and they have not been the barnburner they once were. It will be interesting to see what happens in 08 - with more of the Ouiment regime out (edit - meaning will we be worse off with no focus). but I digress...

ebay would be your only bet at this time..

Mr.Abominable
01-25-2008, 10:58 PM
They actually have a couple of HM shirt styles and a few other items that they sell at the Villains in Vogue store in the Disney Studios at WDW. You can order these items by phone from Disney Delivears.

POTCpurist
01-26-2008, 12:48 PM

Too true. :(

I'll have to start hand-washing that t-shirt I have. ;) Gonna have to last awhile!