PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Sea World Ohio?

betsylou
06-19-2001, 05:53 AM
I have looked all around the internet and can not find any information re:
Sea World Ohio. It isn't even listed on Sea World's homepage like it was
last year. I'm wondering if that park is closed, or perhaps open but not
run by Sea World anymore. Any information would be much appreciated!

cstephens
06-19-2001, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by betsylou
I have looked all around the internet and can not find any information re:
Sea World Ohio. It isn't even listed on Sea World's homepage like it was
last year. I'm wondering if that park is closed, or perhaps open but not
run by Sea World anymore. Any information would be much appreciated!

Sea World Ohio is no more. Anheuser-Busch sold the park to the Six Flags corporation early this year. Following are some links with more information:

http://www.obgo.org/sea_world_sold.htm

http://www.newschannel2000.com/orl/news/themeparknews/stories/themeparknews-20010110-175344.html

JeffG
06-19-2001, 11:58 AM
Here is the link to the Six Flags site about the park:

http://www.sixflags.com/worldsofadventure

Sea World of Ohio was located adjacent to another park called Geauga Lake, which has been owned by Premiere Parks for quite a while. Premiere Parks bought out the Six Flags chain a couple years ago and last year, they rebranded Geauga Lake as a Six Flags park.

As Cindy mentioned, Anheiser-Busch sold Sea World of Ohio to Six Flags this year. The complex is now being billed as Six Flags' Worlds of Adventure with a single admission covering both parks. As I understand it, most of the Sea World attractions and shows still remain in the new park, although Anheiser-Busch did move some of the animals to their other parks.

-Jeff

betsylou
06-20-2001, 09:55 AM
Just the information I was looking for! All the links were very helpful!
Thanks again!

Lightyear
06-20-2001, 12:23 PM
We have just returned from there last weekend. It was a very nice park. Very large and on the lake...we had lots of fun. Shamu is gone but they do have sea life shows. My son loved petting the stingrays there.

Lightyear

TecTalker2K
06-20-2001, 03:12 PM
Just out of curiosity.. do they have seagulls there? I would hope they imported some.

Figment1986
06-21-2001, 10:24 AM
just wondering what were the huge attractions there. since orlandos only just recently stsarted to get rides. like their similator attraction. or their first roller coaster Krackin.

What did six flags add to the property since the buy.

Lightyear
06-21-2001, 01:32 PM
I do not remember seagulls, but there were water birds there, lots of ducks everywhere.

I am no expert on the park...but here is what I remember. On the Sea World side there is a simulator ride of a submarine. A Pirates themed 4-D type movie (you get wet). Shark show/exibit. A VERY cool (for my 4 yr old at least) Batman water/boat show. Dolphin show etc. This side of the park was much nicer as far as theming goes. You walk across the lake to the 6-flags part. Water park, kiddie rides and the big coasters, etc.

(We were there on a Sunday & it was VERY crowded; Monday was nice though.)

Lightyear (Lisa)