PDA

View Full Version : Breaking my own rule: How bad the day before Labor Day?

mcampisi
08-20-2002, 07:11 AM
I never go to Disneyland on or near a holiday, except maybe before Xmas. I booked an AP room for 1 night just for fun for the 1st of September, knowing I had the next day off but then totally forgetting the reason for that day off was Labor Day. I need to be back home in time for BBQ on Labor Day anyway, but how bad is the day before Labor Day. on average?

We go often enough where just walking around either park is fun for us. I figure we may not even go into the parks on Labor Day. So how bad should I expect the weekend before labor day to be?

Darkbeer
08-20-2002, 08:57 AM
If Labor Day is anything like Memorial Day, the better choice is Labor Day, though DCA will be busier than usual with the Last showing of BLAST! and Eureka!, they are even using the normal offseason hours DCA closes at 6 PM and DL closes at 8 PM, the day before will be like a busy Saturday (my guess)

disneynut
08-20-2002, 09:08 AM
We went a couple of years ago on Labor Day and were pleasantly surprised at how slow the park seemed. I don't know if this was unusual or if things have changed within the past couple of years. Maybe someone who's been there on a more recent Labor Day could answer. Good Luck!

cstephens
08-20-2002, 09:51 AM
While I would say that Labor Day itself isn't as crowded (because people usually have to get back to work and school the next day), the day before would be fairly crowded. Be prepared for lines or using Fastpass.