PDA

View Full Version : Are autographs possible at Rockin the Bay?

KarenW2
08-19-2002, 11:54 PM
Does anybody know if it's possible to get something signed by any of the artists performing in the mini-concerts at DCA?

Since Davy Jones was my heart-throb in junior high and high school, I was wondering if it's possible to get him to sign one of my old 16 or Tiger Beat Magazines after a set.

Does anybody know? Many thanks in advance for the info if you do!

Uncle Dick
08-20-2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by KarenW2
Does anybody know? Many thanks in advance for the info if you do!
Offhand, I'd say no. The musicians are quickly ferried to and from the stage before and after each set with little or no time for "meet 'n' greet". Sometimes, audience members (from the priority seating section, of course) are selected to join the group onstage, but I'm not sure how far the contact goes after that.

WDWalways
08-20-2002, 10:27 AM
If you are down front I would go up to him during a "break" in the music and ask -- what do you have to lose??

Not Afraid
08-20-2002, 11:03 AM
After a Village People show I saw people getting things signed after the show by just walking up to the stage. One guy had a VP 1st album (vinyl!) and the VP passed it around so all members cold sign it. It was cool!

KarenW2
08-20-2002, 11:40 PM
Thanks for your responses. I'm thinking I'll bring something with me, just in case I can get it signed. We plan on doing the priority seating thing, to make sure we get a decent seat, so at least I can be within a good viewing distance of the guys!

I figure if it works out and I can get it signed, great, but if I can't, no big deal. At least I'll come prepared. I've never done anything like this before, I'm always respectful of celebs and their privacy and all, but if it's possible, it would be really great!

KarenW2
08-21-2002, 10:39 PM
Well, I decided to skip the meeting I had tonite, so we could see the second show of the Monkees at 7:45, when I thought it would be nicer to sit out there anyway, under the moon and stars!

Good thing we did the preferred seating dinner deal, cos the girl said they were SOLD OUT tonite! There was a HUGE crowd standing and waiting way before the 5:45 show and there was a huge crowd for the second show as well.

Had our SOB dinner, much better than the other two times we'd eaten there (hooray!), and asked several CMs where the Preferred Seating waiting area was. We were told to wait by the signs, next to the trailer or whatever, that said, "CMs only". Sat and waited a very long time and asked other CMs, to make sure we were in the right area, as it didn't seem like it was right. Yes, they said, we were where we were to wait.

Didn't see a very big crowd closer to the 30 min before time they told us to get there by and found out why! The CMs gave us wrong info and there was a HUGE crowd waiting further down the walkway! My DH found a very nice CM, explained the situation, and he walked us down to the front of the line and explained it to the CM there.

We were let in a few minutes later, and were able to get seats in the preferred section, front row of the area on the stage left side, as the front 2 rows of the center section were reserved for others and not available to us.

Brought the cover of the very first Monkee album, my Christmas present in 1966, just in case they would be signing things.

After we sat down, some kids came with a t-shirt they won at the first show and several things they wanted to get signed. They stopped CMs as we were waiting and asked about signatures. They were told, in no uncertain terms, they would NOT be signing anything, even tho the kids said someone told them they just had to ask the "comedian guy" and he would let them do it.

The answer was still "no", even tho they took things out and thrust them at Davy as he was walking thru the crowd, singing a song and trying to make his way back onto the stage, and still no, when they ran up to the front of the stage at the end of the concert.

The music and screaming was HUGELY LOUD, so I was very happy I had my ear plugs with me. I had no problems hearing the music with the ear plugs and my head isn't pounding, like it would've been without them. My DH wasn't so lucky, as he doesn't have any ear plugs and his head is still pounding!

The concert was fun, we had a nice time, with great seats, thanks to the preferred seating dinner deal, I wasn't able to get anything signed, but that's OK.