PDA

View Full Version : A question about Maynard....

CaliforniaCrazy
06-18-2001, 05:06 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knows when and where Maynard works at Disneyland this month, because I have been wanting to see and talk to him sometime. In case you do not know, Maynard is only one of the greatest cast members at Disneyland, and he usually can be seen with a evil grin in the Haunted Mansion.

Morrigoon
06-18-2001, 05:09 PM
I don't know his actual schedule, but expect to see him mostly on weekends. Lately he's been doing the Jungle Cruise/Mansion/Fantasmic Guest Control thing. To my knowledge "Professer MayNARD" no longer haunts the east side at all.

Napsto
06-19-2001, 08:43 AM
there is another site out there which might help.

Gregmh48
06-19-2001, 09:21 AM
Try www.maynardhomepage.com It hasn't been updated for awhile but still has some information on it.

Lacrosse Boy
06-19-2001, 12:19 PM
Maynard is cool and scary. He pulled down my lap bar on the Hauted Mansion with a weird sort of face that scared the bejeebers out of me!

CaliforniaCrazy
06-19-2001, 05:34 PM
The only time that I have ever seen him at Disneyland, he was at the end of the haunted mansion on the unload area, and he was running in slow motion with that evil grin on his face and I was trying to get as far as I could from him! Now that I have researched all I can on this great CM, I know I have nothing to be afraid of, and look forward to seeing him again in the near future.

Morrigoon
06-19-2001, 11:15 PM
He's a great guy!

You should catch him on the jungle cruise, he's hilarious! (still bizarre but in a less macabre way)

Dreamstaker
06-20-2001, 09:20 PM
I have seen him all over.

CB playhouse, haunted mansion, Those rockets on the ground.

He always is animated and doing or saying something unusual.

Uncle Dick
03-06-2002, 01:21 AM
The one and only time I ever say Maynard was a couple of months ago at "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln." He gave a very composed preshow presentation (one of the best I'd ever heard) and then continued to let the crowd into the theater and such. He was very understated, a far cry from the crazy comic that I'd heard so much about.

Ghoulish Delight
03-06-2002, 07:07 AM
He is VERY respectful of Mr. Lincoln. He understands very well that his "Mansion persona" does not belong there, and instead presents himself as a very profesional host. But he is also still very personable when over there and will answer any questions with a smile.

Flubber
03-06-2002, 07:48 AM
Maynard was working the Mansion last night and had this creepy talking frog in the palm of his hand.:eek:

Flub

Cadaverous Pallor
03-06-2002, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Flubber
Maynard was working the Mansion last night and had this creepy talking frog in the palm of his hand.:eek:

Flub
Ok Flub, fess up - what the heck were you doing up here on a Tuesday night? Don't you have a job or something? :D :p :) (Don't mind me, I'm envious.)

tabacco
03-06-2002, 10:01 AM
Try to catch him on Astro Orbiter. It's great because you can just stand there and listen to him :)

Flubber
03-06-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor

Ok Flub, fess up - what the heck were you doing up here on a Tuesday night? Don't you have a job or something? :D :p :) (Don't mind me, I'm envious.)
My job left me just out of a meeting in Orange at 4:30ish. What to do, what to do while I wait for traffic to die down in OC? Hit the park for a three hour tour.:D

Flub

MammaSilva
03-06-2002, 11:08 AM
Ok I'm going to ask a silly question but do the powers that be realize what a treasure Maynard really is, and if you go to City Hall can they tell you if he is scheduled that day and at which attraction? We only got a glimpse of him one time last summer but it was obvious he was in a hurry, he was heading towards HM so we didn't try to stop him and ask for a photo op/autograph, then events happened that prevented us from going back to the HM to 'look' for him....I really want to have the niece/nephews have an opportunity to meet the most well known/recognized CM at the park before he decides to retire .....

tabacco
03-06-2002, 01:11 PM
My job left me just out of a meeting in Orange at 4:30ish. What to do, what to do while I wait for traffic to die down in OC? Hit the park for a three hour tour.:D

Just stay away from Tom Sawyer's Island ;)

Morrigoon
03-06-2002, 02:32 PM
Last time I saw Maynard he was at the Opera house, working Lincoln. Other attractions I know he works are:
Jungle Cruise
Mansion (of course)
HISTA
Astro-Orbiter

disneynut
03-06-2002, 08:07 PM
I've never seen or heard of Maynard. We'll have to look for him next time we're at the park.

On a separate note...Did any of you guys know Country Bear Bob? He was an older gentleman who was very friendly and into the CB show. My son was so entertained by him he got his autograph in his book. If you have heard of him do you know if he's still around and what area he's working now? He was a really neat guy.

tink360
03-06-2002, 08:12 PM

Flub

the talking frog! I got to see that when I finally met up with him last year. He's hysterical, showed us the lovely home provided for him by disneyland - the trash can by the porch. Gets to live there rent free, but people throw out soda so sometimes he gets a little sticky...... :D

We got a lovely scarey picture with him, so mad at myself for messing it up with the dumb tourist smile. If I'm lucky enough to get another one someday, will look appropriately terrified.

Upanova
03-06-2002, 08:16 PM
He's a great cast member, and cool person. I've seen him working at Disneyland for around 5 or 6 years now. He even came to my wedding! He's wonderful to talk to, and such a nice guy. Haven't seen him lately since I've not been to Disneyland on the weekends very much anymore. Is he still working Lincoln?

Thanks,

Upanova

Mouse
03-06-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Upanova
"One thing kids like, is to be tricked.
For instance, I was going to take my little nephew
to Disneyland.....
But instead, I drove him to an old, burned-out wharehouse...
Oh no, I said, Disneyland burned down....
He cried and cried...but I think that deep down he
thought it was a pretty good joke...
I started to drive over to the real Disneyland....
but it was getting pretty late...."

--Jack Handy

OMG! Once when I was looking for Disneyland music to downloa...
Well, anyway I came across a file with a file name that caught my eye (Disneyland -SNL or something) when I downloaded it the thing was an audio of that passage. I had never heard it before and it was a riot.

And to be on topic. I think I might have seen Maynard backstage once close to parade step off but I was busy and couldn't confirm the sighting.