PDA

View Full Version : Got a question about DLP ?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

mickeyfantasmic
06-10-2001, 07:02 AM
thanks Ian I will for sure....just didnt want to upset any CM or break any rules!
By the was I wanted everybody to share a little secret about the castle (no unfortunately not the secret center of the park marque) the actuall design for DLPs castle wasnt based on the animated movie sleeping beauty but from the harps castle in "Funand Fancy free"! have a look at the begining of the description of haappy valley..there it is DLPs castle..similar to the actualy built one than anything ever seen in any other animated movie!

zapppop
06-10-2001, 09:19 PM
Will there be a special celebration next year for the park's 10th anniversary ?

parky_in_paris
06-10-2001, 11:37 PM
Well the big celebration will be the opening of the second park, which is set for the date of DLP's 10th Anniversary.

I don't think they will do to much at DLP so not to take the focus away from the new park.

We are not getting any new attractions for the 10th anniversay, nothing is being built in DLP.

mickeyfantasmic
06-11-2001, 12:14 AM
the only two new things DLP park is getting will be Fantaillusions and a new day time parade celebrating the 10 year anniversary!
Toon circus will probably be back

lisap
06-18-2001, 08:31 AM
Hi Parky-
I was reading over your hotel reviews for DLP and noticed the prices for the hotels include admission. What's up with that--is it for two people? For any DLP hotel? It seems really interesting to include admission to the park with your room--but very cool, if that's the case.

parky_in_paris
06-18-2001, 08:41 AM
Basically they price the rooms in different ways :-

Accomodation / Breakfast only

and

Packages (Room / Breakfast / Park Entry)

With the first you find that it is a 'room' price, even though breakfast is provided for each person. For example I booked a room at the Sequoia with 1 person staying it was 115 pounds, when I added an extra person, they only added 40pence to the cost.

The package deals tend to be priced person not per room.

Best thing to do is check out the package price and the room price + entry. Pick the cheapest option.

zapppop
06-24-2001, 08:09 PM
Hi ! it's me again.

When I go to the park next year, what do you think I go on first, SPACE MOUNTAIN, INDIANA JONES, or PHANTOM MANOR ?

French_Mouse
06-24-2001, 11:55 PM
Hi,

On a day at the park, I usualy start gradualy: i go to BTM first then Indy ToP & SpM finaly...

IMHO the best time to visit Phantom Manor is late in the afteernoon when the night is coming; it's just the right mood for this great ride ! Don't forget to go Boot Hill cimetary

Jonas_swe
07-03-2001, 11:50 PM
Hi!

This summer we are going back to DLP for the third time! :D
Wooohooo!
And this time we will stay at [b[The Disneyland Hotel - Castle Club![/b]

It will be the first time for us at The Castle Club, and trying to get some more info about it has been pretty hard...

Does anyone here have any experience from The Castle Club?
How does the "private access to the park" really work?
Is it true that ALL food and softdrinks are for free at the Lounge? What is The Lounge anyway??? And does the characters hang out there?

I really hope that this forum can help me answer a few of my questions!
I am just sooooo curious... :D

zapppop
11-04-2001, 07:49 PM
Do the cast members speak english ?

I know they speak french but do they speak any other languages ?

Morrigoon
11-04-2001, 08:21 PM
I found most of them speak at least passable English. If you try to speak at least rudimentary French to them, it makes it that much easier. But yeah, I only ran into a few who didn't speak enough English to help me.

zapppop
01-12-2002, 01:53 PM
How much are the hotels per night ?

French_Mouse
01-13-2002, 07:17 AM
presto !
here it is :

http://www.dlp-guidebook.de/Hotels/Hotels_Prices.htm

Don't forget it's Euro prices !

Absimilliard
01-18-2002, 09:47 AM
Having worked on Space Mountain for 6 months and Star Tours 4 months, I can give you explanations on the "roughness" of Space Mountain.

First of all, obey the sticker on the seat in front of you! Don't stretch your neck out or else, you will pay for it. The headrests and safety harnesses are there to protect you, remember that.

The ride get shaky at points where the track gets the most stress and wear, which is at these three points:

1- Exiting the Sidewinder ( first inversion ), the 270 degree large turn into the block brakes. Keep you head between the 2 foam/leather parts of the headrest and your head straight between the harness!

2- The turn ( 70 degrees banking on it ) after the corkscrew/barrel roll that leads into the B lift. Here, its to keep your head on one side of the harness.

3- After going up the Tongue element ( which is after the B lift ), when you exit it, follow the same rules as for 1-.

Follow these rules and you should have the best possible ride on it!

And just for your information, a french friend ( who has over 700 Space Mountain rides since opening ) did Superman the Ride at Six Flags Holland ( Superman the Ride is an outdoor "clone" of RnRC ) and through the ride was a snore! He then did RnRC in WDW and also through its was a snore.... He still thinks Space Mountain is one of the best rollercoaster out there...

If you want to a real, real, bad rough rollercoaster.... I suggest you check Parc Asterix, when its open beginning of April. Goudurix is a 7 loops torture machine! But... the park still has the world's best wooden rollercoaster!!! ( voted by rollercoasters enthusiasts worldwide ).