PDA

View Full Version : Got a question about DLP ?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

zapppop
05-16-2001, 09:04 AM
That sounds great ! Euro Disneyland needs the attention.

mickeyfantasmic
05-16-2001, 09:16 AM
...unfortunately Disneyland Paris (lets call it by its correct new 1995 name) managment reports to the one and only Paul "if its creative cut it" Pressler and therfore wont be able to give us all i said!
But..and this is a big but..the opening of Tokyo Disneyseas proves a hit and compares in the eyes of Upper Disney managment (Read Team Disney Burbank- Eisner and gang) to the problems of DCA very quick fixes will be made to avoid making the Disney Studios Paris a further problem (read- pump up the attractions and shows ASAP)!!
In that situation a good manager will try to prove his worth to his heads by fixing the situation by all possible means!
Funny how we always have to turn to Japan to see how things should be done.... and hope!!!

zapppop
05-16-2001, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by mickeyfantasmic
(lets call it by its correct ... name)

I did.

Euro Disneyland is in Marne Le Vallee.

There is no Disneyland in Paris :D

mickeyfantasmic
05-17-2001, 01:02 AM
during the financial restrusturing of the Eurodisneyland dept in 1994 (which the gret and late Frank Wells called "the biggest mess Ive ever been through") plans where devised to save eurodisneyland from both financial and creative Banckrupcy.
In the spring of 1995 just before the unveiling of Space mountain- de la terre a la lune, EuroDisneyland changed its name to disneyland Paris.
This move made business sense for many reasons: it reatached the name of the french venture to that of walts original creation, it gave the french a broader appeal, the term "Euro" for us europeans was always connected to money and financial issues and not disney magic and it also tended to show a smaller and more intimate scale to the park.
the name eurodisney actually is the name of the financial controling company who over sees the property and runs the park (EuroDisney SCA, quoted at the Parisbourse) Disneyland Paris is the name of the Resrt and Disneyland park is the...name of the park!
(sorry for the lecture but sice the EuroDisney project failled and was two weeks from bankrupcy european managment is keen on the name change.)

zapppop
05-17-2001, 04:38 AM
thanks for the info but I've known this for years.

mickeyfantasmic
05-20-2001, 07:53 AM
..guys do you actually like the way they wrote "Walt disney Studios" on the European Earfell tower raised last night!!!!
I onestly think it looks a it taky!!! I hope they change it to somehting dimmilar to the Burbank and WDW original!!!:confused:

zapppop
05-20-2001, 09:27 AM
Thank Eisner :D

marky66
05-21-2001, 02:44 PM
The resorts name changes again soon.
With the opening of the Disney Studios, Disneyland Paris will refer to the whole resort. The existing park will be the Magic Kingdom (whatever the French equivalent is)

zapppop
05-21-2001, 03:18 PM
How long does it take to get to the Euro Disney Resort from London by train and how far away is the train station from the Disneyland park entrance ?

mickeyfantasmic
05-22-2001, 12:21 AM
it takes a little les than 3 hours and there are at least 5 trains a day (even in low season)!
The train station is about 4 minutes by foot from the park! Once your out of the station you find yourself infront of Fantasia gardens..the garden infront of the disneyland Hotel, which is the entrance/ticket booth to the park! At your left (opposite fantasia gardens, theres Festival Disney (the equivalent of Downtown disney/Ixsipari)!
Therfore once out of the train station your inside Disneyland Paris resort!

parky_in_paris
05-22-2001, 12:40 AM
The times you give for the travel on Eurostar from London to Paris are correct, but the number of Trains is not.

The trains that run direct from London to Disneyland Paris only operate from April to September, there is also only one train a day in each direction.

There are many trains a day from London to Paris city centre. You could then get the RER to DLP.

mickeyfantasmic
05-22-2001, 12:50 AM
...thnaks Ian...I got mixed up! By the way a good friend just made me notice that the new Logo up on the earfell tower of the new studios park is a replica of the Hyperion Studios logo used at the disney studios in the 20s/30s!!!
Nice tribute hey!!!!:cool:

marky66
05-22-2001, 07:53 AM
I got the direct service last summer, with the usual delays (on the English side of the tunnel)we got into the park at around 2pm!
By flying in December we were in the park by 10-30.

parky_in_paris
05-22-2001, 08:58 AM
I used the Eurostar service this weekend direct to DLP and I have to say I probably won't do it again.

Although it is very convienient for me, as I live near Waterloo and the train takes you to the DLP gates virtually. There are a few bad points to note :-

The train leaves at about 9:30, which means you get to DLP at 1:30 at the earliest. No good for a one day visit as the train goes back at 19:30.

The Train is full of very over excited kids and a lot of stressed parents. This is very different from the normal 'business' passengers who use the service direct to Paris. But as it is onlt going to DLP direct what else would you expect but kids.

Going back is not much better as they are now not excited but very tired and grumpy.

For me it was useful to go on the train as I had 3 mouseplanet stories to write (did them on my iBook) for a special week all about DLP that is coming up om MP at the start of June.

Next time I will fly !!!

mickeyfantasmic
05-28-2001, 05:27 AM
hi guys...as a disney freak im planning a trip to DLP with my girlfriend on the 9/10 and 11th of june!
It will be her first in a Disney park and i look forward to "brushing her with some pixiedust and Disney magic"
unfortunately I just looked up operating hours and parade hurs and found otu that the park closes at 20:00 pm every day of june...therefore no MSEP!
I onestly think this is bad..i ve been to every disney park and cant think of any which closes at 20:00 for the whole of june..most of all without any "exit/final entertainment".
Im pretty disapointed...hope they change this so that at least during weekends of june the park closes at 23:00 with a MSEP performnce..this really leaves much of the Disney magic unpercieved to new guests!
..just think of the memories which a lighted main street evokes..the lights...the sound...the parade...night time at any Disney themepark (and mostly at any Magic Kingdom) is the most magical part of th day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

parky_in_paris
05-28-2001, 06:57 AM
It's very unlikely that they will change the times.
At the moment the only late nights are 2nd / 3rd June and even then they will not have MSEP.

MSEP will only come back in July and stay till early September.

It may be back in the winter season again for it's farwell performance, we can only hope

Napsto
05-28-2001, 08:37 AM
what different kinds of food do you serve there?? is it all french?? do they mix it up??

parky_in_paris
05-28-2001, 11:16 AM
The food is very similar to the stuff at DL and WDW.
Burgers, Pizza, Hot Dogs, etc, etc.
The food in the restaurants is a bit more French I suppose, but it varies from place to place.

The fast food is patchy, the full service food is great.

Napsto
05-28-2001, 10:34 PM
thanks for the info!

lisap
06-07-2001, 05:48 AM
Dear Parky,
Have a question about day trips from London to DLP. I noticed on this thread you do not recommend the train service getting to the park. Do you know how much it costs to fly there from Heathrow? (in American dollars)

We are planning a trip to England in March 2002 and did not even consider crossing over to France, but your reports on DLP have sparked my interest.

Do you think it would be worth a day trip to DLP on the train if we were just going to check out the Park--not do every single ride, etc. We are veterans of DL CA . Or is it so much like DLCA that it would not be worth it.

thanks in advance,
Lisa

ash_eng
06-07-2001, 07:11 AM
Ian,

Does DLP still do an Annual Pass as I have searched their website but cannot find any info.

Many Thanks
Ash

parky_in_paris
06-07-2001, 12:21 PM
I'll try to answer the last 2 questions in this post :-

Travel to Paris from London :-

I would not use the train for a day trip as it only gets you to the park at 13:30 and you leave at 19:30 so only a 6 hour visit.

You can get there early and leave later by plane (10am - 8pm)
The flights are about the same price as the train and can vary from $150 to $450 depending on carrier, day, etc.

Annual Passes :-

AP's are still available from DLP, they do 3 types

Francillien (for Paris residents) - 395FF at the moment on offer
Classic (for anyone but with blackout days) - 695FF
Fantasia (no blackouts, free parking, discounts, ect) - 1095FF

Hope that helps

zapppop
06-09-2001, 01:40 PM
Is Euro Disneyland / Disneyland Paris more expensive than Walt Disney World or Disneyland ?

How much are the park maps they sell ?

And do the french people act snoody and smell ?

( the last question is optional :D )

Oh ! a while back I asked how much a trip to the park would cost: I'm going by myself in late July / early August 2002 and would like to stay in one of the hotels in the resort for about 2 weeks.

mickeyfantasmic
06-09-2001, 03:34 PM
maybe some of you can help me on this:
I have, bought throw mousehoppe, a "guest of honor" Disneland red badge with my name on it....I want to wear it in disneyland paris but wouldn t want to break any rules or misplace any CM!
I have no idea if i can go around the park with my badge on...even in Europe CM have white badges and I know the park well enought to give indications if anybody comes to me (although I realise that wouldnt be appropriate) but I would like to know from ypou if you know anything about it!
Ive asked "people in the knows" here but they couldn t help me on this!
Thanks and TTFN :cool:

parky_in_paris
06-10-2001, 12:47 AM
You can wear it no problem.
It is sold by Disney to guests for them to wear.
They had similar one's in Paris once upon a time but they have stopped making them now (not enough interest I think)

Wear it with pride, it will be fine