PDA

View Full Version : Cnn Breaking News

Rocketeer64
08-18-2002, 09:33 PM
Disney to sell off the Theme Parks and Hotels to Six Flags and Marriott Resorts.

Disney is gone.

How Sad

rexfarms
08-18-2002, 09:40 PM
I doubt it!

Rocketeer64
08-18-2002, 09:45 PM
The way Eisner and Co. are running it into the ground, don't doubt it too long.

Techie7
08-18-2002, 09:47 PM
Please post a link to this story. ;) (Please tell me that you do have a false CNN site set up along with a full article and pictures to help work people up! Otherwise the time might be better spent posting this to other sites.)

JenEricPEZ
08-18-2002, 09:48 PM
There is nothing on CNN's site about this at all.

rexfarms
08-18-2002, 09:52 PM
I believe this is a joke. HAHAHA :rolleyes:

awinner
08-18-2002, 10:09 PM
perhaps he heard incorrectly an it was really about Vivendi (Universal) possibly selling off it's properties to other companies:confused:

Disney Nick
08-18-2002, 10:33 PM
I smell a troll.

rexfarms
08-18-2002, 11:00 PM
Undoubtedly a joke.

Morrigoon
08-18-2002, 11:23 PM
Ha ha ha

Eisner said, coming into his job at Disney, that one of the first things he was going to do was sell off the parks.... then he got a look at the books, saw what a cash cow they were, and kept them. They're hardly going to sell them now! The parks kept the company alive during its dark ages!

thekirk
08-18-2002, 11:52 PM
Rocketeer64, it's not nice to joke like that....cause it gets me thinking!

rexfarms
08-19-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by thekirk
Rocketeer64, it's not nice to joke like that....cause it gets me thinking!

haha true but you think and its funny because is very unlikely to happen. lol :D

merlinjones
08-19-2002, 07:19 AM
>>Eisner said, coming into his job at Disney, that one of the first things he was going to do was sell off the parks.... then he got a look at the books, saw what a cash cow they were, and kept them.<<

So... we know Eisner had no interest in the parks or in feature animation - - and in fact wanted to get rid of both (as he's in effect doing now) when he took on the job. But those two divisions, as well as the sale of Walt's animated films on home video, are what fueled the turnaround.

How then, has he been any kind of visionary worth a billion dollars in salary?

Seems like any original notion - - ABC, sports franchises, internet, cruise ships, etc (save Broadway), have been a relative bust. The company runs on the money generated by things created way back by Walt.

Maybe, with all those untapped assets - - even Anna Nicole Smith could have turned Disney around back in 84.

Rocketeer64
08-19-2002, 08:13 AM
Like it or not Troll Sniffer, Disney will disappear within the next 10 Years. It is in the early stages of dying. I have seen it from within. You all can defend Disney all you wish but it well on it's way to closing down it's operations.

That's OK, there will always be other forms of entertainment. Disney doesn't hold the monopoly on making people happy.

disguy
08-19-2002, 08:16 AM
It's to early to read such trashy stories as this..

merlinjones
08-19-2002, 08:23 AM
>>Like it or not Troll Sniffer, Disney will disappear within the next 10 Years. It is in the early stages of dying. I have seen it from within. You all can defend Disney all you wish but it well on it's way to closing down it's operations.<<

We heard the same thing in the 70's. All they need is an entirely new creative-friendly management culture that appreciates the Disney heritage - - and a renewed commitemnt to quality product in that tradition.

Bill Catherall
08-19-2002, 08:33 AM
The original post is blatant false information. If you would like to have a discussion about the future of the parks please don't spread lies and false rumors.

This thread is now closed.