PDA

View Full Version : Getting Into the millionaire hot seat

awinner
08-18-2002, 02:56 PM
i don't know if anyone was at dca on 8/17...but after going to see this show 10+ times. "the wife" got into the hot seat...and it was a question she totally guessed on...she only made it to 1000...she was quite nervous...anyways, second & third person only made it to 1000 too...but guess who was in the hot chair as the fourth contestant...ME!!!:D what are the odds of that? i thought i was going to throw up up there...i was sweating so much i could have armor-alled someones tires with my hands...i only made it to 4000...i stopped on a question on what does the P in ZPG stand for? anyways...needless to say we were both excited...and on all days to get up there, we had brought my mom along...:)

MouseWife
08-18-2002, 03:38 PM
That is just too cool!!

Both of you and with your Mom there to see!!

By the way, how did that all work out? The Tea, the chair and all?
How did she fair throughout the day?

Again, congratulations on getting to the 'hot seat'!

Oh, did you win anything?

rexfarms
08-18-2002, 05:28 PM
Thats cool! (I hope you had a good time with your mom). I have never been in the Hot Seat, I have only played twice though, I got 7th once. Not that big of a deal but next time I will do better. ;)

PurpleDove33
08-18-2002, 06:11 PM
Congratulations on you both getting in the hot seat. My thought is my luck, if I ever get in the hot seat they will through questions at me that I don't know. The last few times I have gone, I have known every one of the questions. I do have a question for you, how do you get fast enough to get in the hot seat in the first place? Is there a secret on when to push the buttons? Please let me know..Thanks..°o°

Disney Nick
08-18-2002, 08:01 PM
It's guaranteed that once you get in the hot seat it is questions you don't know. Mine was worse, I got a load of questions no-one (well most people) didn't knew. I still made it to 32,000 though; I lost on a question you'd never be able to guess... the only logical answer was wrong :(

rexfarms
08-18-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by PurpleDove33
Congratulations on you both getting in the hot seat. My thought is my luck, if I ever get in the hot seat they will through questions at me that I don't know. The last few times I have gone, I have known every one of the questions. I do have a question for you, how do you get fast enough to get in the hot seat in the first place? Is there a secret on when to push the buttons? Please let me know..Thanks..°o°

yeah as soon as you see the right answer. Spam the button as much as possible. Dont wait for it just do it as soon as you see it and dont stop pushing(on off on off) until the light goes on.:)

awinner
08-18-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by MouseWife
That is just too cool!!

Both of you and with your Mom there to see!!

By the way, how did that all work out? The Tea, the chair and all?
How did she fair throughout the day?

Again, congratulations on getting to the 'hot seat'!

Oh, did you win anything?

we both got some nice hats and a lanyard and a bunch of pins. we had to sign a waiver, some legal mumbo jumbo.

and it worked out great...we ended up just going out the side entrance of DCA that lets you into GCH with the wheel chair...they never even asked if that was theirs or ours...so once we did that i just drove her thru the lobby and wheeles her over to the hotel..then all thru DTD...no one ever said a word until we entered DL, they asked where we got the wheelchair...we lied and said from the hotel...otherwise they would have made us return it to DCA, made her walk back across to DL and recheck out another one...i think that type of white lie was ok:o

KarenW2
08-18-2002, 10:55 PM
Sure hope the wheelchair didn't belong to someone who needed it! They would've been very disappointed to come out and not find it there waiting for them.

Back to Play It!, both my DH and I have made it into the "Hot Seat"! He's made it there twice and I've made it there once. It was a lot of fun, but very nerve-wracking! The question I lost on was a golf champ question & I know NOTHING about golf champs, so I "asked the audience", took their answer and they were WRONG!! Oh well, I still had a good time and can't wait to get there again. DH had a "Sexiest Man Alive" in People Magazine question, didn't know, so he took the audience's answer as well and they were wrong again! Second time he lost, he'd "phoned a complete stranger", took their answer and they were wrong.

Today was very exciting! My DH and I got to see a guy make it to the MILLION POINT PRIZE!! See the separate thread for the story.

rexfarms
08-18-2002, 11:03 PM
cool

sydney
08-19-2002, 12:55 AM
Congrats on your hot seat experiences! Thought I'd share my little secret for getting into the seat-- It's worked twice so far...

Both times I've been in the hot seat it's been because the question the contestant missed had a correct answer of D. Since I realized that niether A, B, or C could be right, I started "spamming" (as rexfarms so eloquently put it) D, and sure enough, up I went. The first time I made it to the 250,000 point question and didn't know what the letters BVD meant in the back of underwear. the second time I should have known the correct diameter of a DVD... but I guessed wrong... :( But it was still loads of fun. :)

MonorailMan
08-19-2002, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by sydney
I started "spamming"

What is "spamming"?

A) Pressing it On, Off, On, Off,Etc... Really fast

B) Holding in the button till it lights

awinner
08-19-2002, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by KarenW2
Sure hope the wheelchair didn't belong to someone who needed it! They would've been very disappointed to come out and not find it there waiting for them.

It was our wheelchair that we had rented for the day...so it belonged to us...so not really sure what you are talking about:confused:

back to topic...i never really heard a single word that the host said to me...i was like "uh-huh".

MouseWife
08-19-2002, 07:42 AM
Glad to hear the wheelchair worked out for you for the day.
Heck, you rent it for the day you should have use of it for the day, no?

Life shouldn't be so hard. :)

Anywho, congrats on your prizes and the wonderful day with your Mom. :)

MammaSilva
08-19-2002, 08:04 AM
I think someone 'skimmed' when they were reading the original post about you renting the chair but going out thru the GC entrance for wheelchairs, I think they worry that someone will steal the chair from the resort if they let them go from one park to the other...because there isn't any security to stop the chair from 'leaving' once it is past either gate.... glad it worked out ok for your mom tho! I think they should just require you to leave a valid cc imprint and then if you don't return the chair to the place you rented it they can charge you the cost of the chair.. and not worry about which park you rented it from...