PDA

View Full Version : Ruined Queues

DisneyFreak2000
08-17-2002, 08:07 PM
What queues were ruined with the addition of the Fast Pass system, what queues were somewhat improved and what queues stayed mostly the same?

My list:
Stayed Same:
Autopia- This stayed generally the same I think. When it was re-designed I think they meant for the FP to be used, so I think it's all the same to me

Big Thunder- This queue stayed the same just because it has to lines so it doesn't bottleneck but you also don't lose the queue experience

Splash Mountain- I tihnk it's about the same but the StandBy tends to get longer. I think that they could improve a bit

DCA- Most of the stuff at DCA was built to have FP, so I guess it COULD be improved, but it's not too bad

Ruined:
Indiana Jones- The queue was so great, it really added to the ride. It didnt matter if the wait was that long because the line was almost like part of the ride. I dont like the fact that now you just skip past all of the well themed queue. I think they should have built to separate sections in the exit. One for people exiting and one for the fast pass and made that fit, so the queue experience wouldnt be lost to other visitors. Otherwise, just take the FP out and only use it in summer or something because this ride is worth a wait.

Pirates- The queue isn't generally ruined but the area is. I dont like how when the line gets long they have the rope lines out into New Orleans Square, it's just like spilling out. Maybe they could change the rope lines to be more efficient and organized bar line tpye ordeals.

Star Tours- Queue ruined. No longer do you get to see C3PO or R2D2 anymore, you skip by it. I think they could have used a similar two-line system like they did with Thunder for this queue too.

Roger Rabbit- I think this was another queue just like Indy that was lost after the FP was installed. I may be mistaken, but if it is that way I think that it should be fixed almost immediately because the queue was one of the greatest parts of that ride

Improved:
Haunted Mansion- This Fast Pass system definitely improved the queue I think. You can choose to wait in the graveyard and get the theming or walk right up with the fast pass. The FP itself is also very well done

Space Mountain- Very well organized. Never really a moment where it is too crowded or the queue gets ruined

-------

In conclusion, I'm sad to see that Indy, Star Tours, Roger and Pirates all in a way got their queues ruined (ESPECIALLY INDY) what do you think?

rexfarms
08-17-2002, 08:17 PM
no no no, you see (as for Indy at least) just stop, let people pass you, and look at what you want. Dont get me wrong I am not 100% for FP but a lot of the time it saves me some good time. I see what your saying though.

MonorailMan
08-18-2002, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by DisneyFreak2000

Space Mountain- Very well organized. Never really a moment where it is too crowded or the queue gets ruined

I don't agree with this:

1. First, the FP queue is very old, and the handles are very dirty, and all they did was play the background chatter, heck they didn't even remove the "Emergency Exit" sign off the door.

2. The FP cuts in way to early, making you still wait 20-30 Min. They should only let a few people into the loading are at one time, don't back it up.

sydney
08-18-2002, 10:16 AM
Space Mountain.... isn't there an "emergency exit" at the entrance to the "space port" right before the turnstiles? (sp?) Anyway. So I wonder why they don't use that as the merge point.

rexfarms
08-18-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by sydney
Space Mountain.... isn't there an "emergency exit" at the entrance to the "space port" right before the turnstiles? (sp?) Anyway. So I wonder why they don't use that as the merge point.

Isnt that the SAP entrance?